Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

most uncomfortable place you have stood?

Hbk4894

as we have had sat thread

i would say when my laptop was in my room and i didnt have a chair and i had to lean over to look at the laptop which strained my neck and was really uncomfortable 
  • Brohoof 1

Crowded bus in traffic so heavy that a 30 minute ride became like 2 hours, and I had a large bag packed for the weekend with me that I had to carry almost the entire time because it would slide past the line whenever we hit the breaks.

My sign-spinning job. JK. It makes me the money I need.

the actual most uncomfortable place to stand is a long line at a theme park with no book or gaming device.

Edited by Will Guide

The most uncomfortable place I ever stood was at the top of a ladder out in the wind and rain when I was 16. I was working as an apprentice electrician at the time and I had to stand at the top of that ladder for ages to wait for the electrician I was working under to poke a wire out to me for a security floodlight. There was nobody footing the ladder and I was haunted by the prospect that one bad gust of wind would send me falling. The rain was freezing and I was soaked to the bone. Not super happy fun times. :mlp_okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

I think it was during grand entry at one of the pow wows my mom was invited to, I was in the stands of the tribe's BEAUTIFUL outdoor arena and I really had to go to the bathroom.  The mc was taking his time introducing everyone and I didn't want to seem rude and leave.  So I suffered in silence until someone next to me asked if I was alright, I told them why I was shaking and they simply laughed and told me that I don't have to stand there the whole time.  So instead of just feeling uncomfortable I felt embarrassed...  At least there was no further accidents that day and I still think about the moose someone made for the dinner for everyone and the fry bread!!! :pinkie:  Such a delicious dinner and such wonderful people!!!!!!!

Standing at set in marching band certainly makes the list for me. We were always supposed to hold our instruments up with no rest at all when in set and it was always so painful.

Nowadays, standing anywhere for any reason can turn out super painful suddenly because of my foot problems, so there's definitely that.

• Brohoof 2

Same as @Treeglow Flicker. The top of a ladder is very uncomfortable. Had to stand on one for long periods of time doing antenna installations. Thankfully, I didn't have to get on the roof as I am scared of heights and will get vertigo if I climb too high.

• Brohoof 1

I was standing in line at the Magic Eye Theater in Epcot a couple years ago when I still had a severe back problem. The waiting area had a sloping floor and it made it excruciating to stand and wait for the show to begin. I probably could have managed it if it had been a flat surface, but my back was really screaming on that slope. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

At a crosswalk in the middle of San Francisco, needing so badly to take a piss that I had to stand still with my legs crossed for several minutes at a time. My bladder felt like it was about to burst, and there were NO public restrooms available nearby due to max occupancy or maintenance issues. Imagine having to endure all that for half an hour until you finally got to the fourth floor restrooms at the Westfield mall. This was back in college. If I had known the liberal politicians would let the city turn into the literal shithole it is now, I'd have just let it all out on the spot.

• 2 months later...

Standing in line at the Daytona 500 last year. It was really hot that day and the sun was beating down right where I was standing, the line wasn't moving either. I was sweating in places I never even knew I had. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...