Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been hit on where it made you uncomfortable?

Elegron

When I was freshly 18 I was at a house party with some friends of mine.

One of the guests brought her little sister. She was 15. She proceeded to hang around me all night and made frequent... comments about me. She hit on me incessantly all night. Needless to say, I left not long after.

I've always looked a fair bit younger than I am but c'mon. :mlp_okiedokieloki:

On 2015-04-10 at 12:55 PM, Elegron said:

omg this is creepy. so many girls are hitting on me today. that doesn't usually happen rofl. I had a feeling it's a prank, but other people I would never associate with because they seem like complete assholes are suddenly being nice to me. it's weird, and something's definately not legit. maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

cool flex bro:kirin: i am in my 30s and that never happen. well , the only time that did happen it was some cult thing.  to me For men to me it never happens and woman it happens ALL the time. One of my girl-friends was at the mall with me and she has that very nerdy look and dresses like a guy a lot(think amy fowler from the big bang) and men were still saying rude and gross things to her but i look like will smith and i get nothing. It's also could have been that because i have a tac/body guard look men thought she was rich but who knows. 

• 2 weeks later...

Omfg YES. It was my 16th birthday and I was in 10th grade, and some dude went up to me and said “Daaamn girl!! Those things are HUGE!!!” And I literally cried because it reminded me of the mental hospital.

Lets just hope no one hits on me like that AGAIN when I turn 17 on the 18th.

I won't lie, I've been flattered everytime someone has flirted with me, HOWEVER, I do think there is a problem with people that are "assuming", these ppl think that a crush lasts a lifetime, or that they have some elevated level of importance based off their delusional self flattery, ummm gtfo yourself, please, I don't like you, I'm not interested in you, I regret that I ever eluded to being interested in you, you have a gross pushy personality, you aren't my type, quit telling yourself that I like you when I have made it very clear I do not.

The irony of this being revived when I just blocked this coworker who stalked all of my photos leaving hearts and kiss emojis on them. My aunts photos of me and my grandmothers photos of me all on Facebook. He’s double my age for one thing. You stalk not just me but my families pages as well. You stalked my elderly grandmothers Facebook page just to like and leave gross comments on my pictures. A grown man. 

I drew the line there. If he ever brings up to me why he can’t see my stuff no more then I’m telling him it’s because he’s a creep to his face. That being said I don’t think he will because he keeps to himself at work. That’s the only reason why I’m not even escalating this higher. I know this situation is done. I might have to approach him on work stuff rarely and make brief convo but other than that the situation is done. Also the workplace won’t do anything unless he acts up there. I know this due to a past situation with a guy being creepy.

He can stay in his creepy little corner fantasizing about what he can’t have. 

How could I forget this? There was a guy I met at school and it didn't take long to be friends. He was very polite and fun to hang out with. Things were going great, got to know each other and all that. Then he asked if he could date me but I said no, as I was not attracted to him at all and didn't feel the need to pursue anything more than a friendship.

Boy, did he persist, though! He kept trying to convince me I liked him and he would make up a bunch of scenarios as if we were already planning a life together. He also told his family we were dating and lied to them. What was worse than that, though, is he used my sibling as a third wheel rather than just being a friend to my sibling, too. It didn't matter what I said to him, in his mind I was his girlfriend even though I never said I was. The last straw was when he made a social media post to basically tell the world we were together.

What's sad, is, some people were convinced that I was dating him. My family kept thinking that I was just cause I was spending a bunch of time with him, even though most of that time was to ensure he wouldn't guilt trip me for not spending what he considered a decent amount of time with him (he would guilt trip me a lot, even if I had just hung out with him). It's just very embarrassing to have this sort of situation happen. Really, I could've prevented this by cutting him off from the start, but I just had to be nice and give him a second chance.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

The irony of this being revived when I just blocked this coworker who stalked all of my photos leaving hearts and kiss emojis on them. My aunts photos of me and my grandmothers photos of me all on Facebook. He’s double my age for one thing. You stalk not just me but my families pages as well. You stalked my elderly grandmothers Facebook page just to like and leave gross comments on my pictures. A grown man. 

I drew the line there. If he ever brings up to me why he can’t see my stuff no more then I’m telling him it’s because he’s a creep to his face. That being said I don’t think he will because he keeps to himself at work. That’s the only reason why I’m not even escalating this higher. I know this situation is done. I might have to approach him on work stuff rarely and make brief convo but other than that the situation is done. Also the workplace won’t do anything unless he acts up there. I know this due to a past situation with a guy being creepy.

He can stay in his creepy little corner fantasizing about what he can’t have. 

That's terrible. I don't understand why some people are like this. Like, one, just find someone actually attainable to focus your efforts on, and two, don't be a massive creep! I haven't had to go through something like this, but my cousin had a stalker like this. He even had to change his phone number... I hope you don't have to deal with anymore nonsense, nobody deserves that. Life's hard enough as it is!

2 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

How could I forget this? There was a guy I met at school and it didn't take long to be friends. He was very polite and fun to hang out with. Things were going great, got to know each other and all that. Then he asked if he could date me but I said no, as I was not attracted to him at all and didn't feel the need to pursue anything more than a friendship.

Boy, did he persist, though! He kept trying to convince me I liked him and he would make up a bunch of scenarios as if we were already planning a life together. He also told his family we were dating and lied to them. What was worse than that, though, is he used my sibling as a third wheel rather than just being a friend to my sibling, too. It didn't matter what I said to him, in his mind I was his girlfriend even though I never said I was. The last straw was when he made a social media post to basically tell the world we were together.

What's sad, is, some people were convinced that I was dating him. My family kept thinking that I was just cause I was spending a bunch of time with him, even though most of that time was to ensure he wouldn't guilt trip me for not spending what he considered a decent amount of time with him (he would guilt trip me a lot, even if I had just hung out with him). It's just very embarrassing to have this sort of situation happen. Really, I could've prevented this by cutting him off from the start, but I just had to be nice and give him a second chance.

That is crazy!! To be honest, I would have gone absolutely nuts on him. Though, I do understand, when you're actually in these kinds of situations, the awkwardness, embarrassment, etc. make it hard to draw the line clearly. I feel so sorry for you, especially that people actually believed it. That must have been very difficult.

• Brohoof 3

As for me, I am a complete fool socially, so I almost never can tell when someone is hitting on me unless they bludgeon me with an extremely obvious flirt (which I don't experience too often). I know this because I have had multiple tell me that someone was hitting on me after it happened, and I had absolutely no idea. Ignorance is bliss, I guess? >.<

I can think of two awkward experiences though. One was when I was working at Bed, Bath & Beyond. A lady made me explain various vacuums to her for almost an hour, while eyeing me up and down. She "really liked the way I explained the differences". My boss even walked by at one point, and I gave her the "help me" eyes, and she gave me the "sorry but the customer always comes first" face. I eventually got away with the excuse that I had to go on break.

The other was what I'm sure is an extremely common scenario where a drunk middle-aged woman wanted me to dance with her at a wedding. I obliged because I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but it was fairly awkward for me, since I really did not want to do it.

Neither of these were that bad, just awkward, so if you find them humorous, don't feel bad for laughing. I myself find humor in them to a degree.

my ex boyfriend used to say some disgusting stuff to/about me. it was around last year, when i was confident enough to wear a skirt to school despite being a guy. he made me feel so filthy. i felt like i had to be perfect for him, that i’d have to be a girl for him, or he’d leave. he didn’t love me at all. i’m so glad our relationship is over, i’m happier now. and i will never wear skirts again, i hate(d) them, and i hate him just as much.

Edited by dapper_donkey

I can only remember being hit on by girls twice and i didn't even know they were doing it until my friends told me about it (and it only happens when i'm not in my home country😑 and i leave rarely)