Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What should the fate of Queen Chrysalis come to?

DivineMist1000

Hmm... this is kind of tough. Since Season 2 (or the end of it), Chrysalis has been viewed as one of the most menacing threats to Equestria, and even without her changeling army, she has been shown to be quite powerful. I'm not sure how a redemption arc would work for her. We have seen Chrysalis consider redeeming herself (Season 6 finale), but then again maybe that was just a trick. I'm guessing if the MLP staff did shoot for a redemption arc, it would be kind of like Starlight's. Chrysalis causes trouble that affects all of Equestria out of revenge (probably to Starlight) but after the Mane 6 and probably Thorax convince her to, she turns good. Hell, it'd be really cool to see Pharynx return and help teach her the lesson. What I expect is a dramatic, epic conclusion to Chrissy's arc. 

Another idea I have is that Chrysalis is able to brainwash Cozy even further to do her bidding, but one or the other comes out victorious after things go south. Then the other would have a sort of "what have I done" moment as seen in the Season 8 finale with Cozy and Neighsay. 

• Brohoof 2

I feel like she’ll probably never move on from wanting to feast off of ponies. She’ll still continue to seek revenge on Twilight and Starlight for as long as she can. I always hoped she’d return with a hive of her own but so far there hasn’t been a drone around to make that possible. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

@DivineBlood1000

Because this thread has less to do with merchandise and more to do with a character of the show and their potential future, I will be moving it to Show Discussion.

I’m confident that she will be reformed. I’m curious to see what she’ll look like afterward, considering all of the other changelings had a big alteration in their appearance.

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Venomous said:

I’m confident that she will be reformed. I’m curious to see what she’ll look like afterward, considering all of the other changelings had a big alteration in their appearance.

Some fans have drawn some amazing artwork of what she might look like. Would be awesome to see it come true.

At this point? She should get "petrified" and "shattered" by Grogar. Consider it a mercy "petrifaction". Deep down in her rotten heart, she'd probably be grateful.

... Or she should embrace the will of Tambelon and become a shadowy boogeymare that feasts on fear. However, she should never be a leader of the boogeymares. That spot is reserved for Cozy Glow. Chrysalis is more of a Starscream kind of character.

I wondered this too. (and even started a thread months ago!)

The options would either be reformation, which i know a lot of people don't want, Tartarus, or she gets destroyed once and for all.

That, or something else.

Death.

And before you say it's impossible, they did kill Sombra.  I know, I know--they got away with it because he wasn't really in physical form yet, and was just dissolved by a Ka-me-ha-me-ha wave.  Oh, and let's not forget the Storm King.  I usually avoid referencing the movie because I didn't care for it and would like to pretend it didn't happen, but I know it did, and this helps my case.  He died, too.  Again, they got away with it because he was turned to stone and then shattered so it didn't really feel like a actual death.  But I still say there's no reason they can't actually kill a character on the show.  I mean, they've done it lots of times in kid's movies.  For Celestia's sake, there was Ursula, Gaston, Mufasa, Scar, Bambi's mom, Tadashi Hamada.  I know that Pony is supposed to be for any age, including the very youngest children, but c'mon, dude; I watched Ursula get impaled through the midsection by the jagged front of a ship from when I was old enough to walk and I turned out alright, and so did, like, every single one you.  So there!

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2019 at 5:15 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

Death.

And before you say it's impossible, they did kill Sombra.  I know, I know--they got away with it because he wasn't really in physical form yet, and was just dissolved by a Ka-me-ha-me-ha wave.  Oh, and let's not forget the Storm King.  I usually avoid referencing the movie because I didn't care for it and would like to pretend it didn't happen, but I know it did, and this helps my case.  He died, too.  Again, they got away with it because he was turned to stone and then shattered so it didn't really feel like a actual death.  But I still say there's no reason they can't actually kill a character on the show.  I mean, they've done it lots of times in kid's movies.  For Celestia's sake, there was Ursula, Gaston, Mufasa, Scar, Bambi's mom, Tadashi Hamada.  I know that Pony is supposed to be for any age, including the very youngest children, but c'mon, dude; I watched Ursula get impaled through the midsection by the jagged front of a ship from when I was old enough to walk and I turned out alright, and so did, like, every single one you.  So there!

I agree with you

Edited by Scootaloo90747475
  • Brohoof 1

Well, she was stoned...

Is this fate worse than death? She is in suspended animation and while she can maybe one day return she will stay in stone for a long while(maybe even forever, or until some one crushes the statue).

Anyway, she wasn't reformed, which is what the majority of the fandom had hoped for, and honestly she reminds me of classic disney villains, I can hardly imagine her being reformed.

1 hour ago, Califorum said:

Rogue changelings that weren't reformed can come bac and un-stone her.

If that happened, Tirek and Cozy Glow would most likely be un-stoned along with her. Which could make for a cool story.

6 minutes ago, HedonismBot said:

If that happened, Tirek and Cozy Glow would most likely be un-stoned along with her. Which could make for a cool story.

Definitely would. I would like to see someone write something about that. 

• 1 month later...

I want her to either stay stuck in stone forever or just, well, be executed. I definitely don't want her to ever be reformed, that's for sure. From what we've seen, she is the most evil of the villains; it seems her villainous deeds are the most evil of them all. For instance, in Fiends Forever: issue five, she commits genocide on an entire race of cool, sparkle-eyed pegasi. They were sucked of life, love, and emotion, and she did it all with a smile. For all we know, those ponies went extinct after that (I hope a few escaped at least). That alone is a reason that she shouldn't be reformed. Besides, I can't see her ever wanting to be reformed. So yeah, Chrysalis's fate should be stuck in her stone prison.

I hate it when she is said to be all evil and such, you can see my other post as to why she isn't evil. If anything she should be freed from stone and the ponies should apologize to her for misjudging her race. She needs to be released by unreformed changelings at some point.

9 hours ago, Califorum said:

I hate it when she is said to be all evil and such, you can see my other post as to why she isn't evil. If anything she should be freed from stone and the ponies should apologize to her for misjudging her race. She needs to be released by unreformed changelings at some point.

I wouldn't say the ponies misjudged her at all. She and her army went around sucking the life out of ponies left and right. The ponies are right in giving her a harsh punishment for this mass murder. Even if it was for her survival, it's still doesn't change the fact that these were acts of treachery against ponykind. Besides, who's to say she wouldn't go right back to her emotion-sucking, pony killing ways right after being let out. Considering that she seemed to heavily enjoy seeing ponies have all their love, emotion, and life force sucked out of them, I'd say it wasn't just survival, but evil as well. She got what she deserved: a harsh punishment for an evil being.

5 minutes ago, Landi72 said:

I wouldn't say the ponies misjudged her at all. She and her army went around sucking the life out of ponies left and right. The ponies are right in giving her a harsh punishment for this mass murder. Even if it was for her survival, it's still doesn't change the fact that these were acts of treachery against ponykind. Besides, who's to say she wouldn't go right back to her emotion-sucking, pony killing ways right after being let out. Considering that she seemed to heavily enjoy seeing ponies have all their love, emotion, and life force sucked out of them, I'd say it wasn't just survival, but evil as well. She got what she deserved: a harsh punishment for an evil being.

Probably just went to her head. She has to feed her subjects, why not enjoy doing so? She isn't evil, she has to survive...somehow.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:43 AM, Rushing cash said:

Well, she was stoned...

This phrase unintentionally takes my thoughts somewhere else...

large.jpeg

Edited by Toastypk