Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone tired of Millennials being blamed?

heavens-champion

People who blame millenials are just jaded boomers who think "we've had it so much harder back in the day" and Gen-Xers who see us as lazy due to the same fact.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah because all the laws, regulations and wars in the last 60 year since the end of WW2 that brought us to this point is all our fault.:dry:

• Brohoof 4

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah because all the laws, regulations and wars in the last 60 year since the end of WW2 that brought us to this point is all our fault.:dry:

My thoughts exactly!

Also, I've noticed that lots of older folks seem to confuse millennials with 18-22yr old college students. Millennials are either in their 30's or very close to it. I would know, 30 is right around the block for me.  :lie:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I guess I am tired of it. I mean if we had to REALLY blame a generation for all of our problems, I'd tell you Generation X would probably who I'd be more inclined to blame in all honesty... :dry: But the whole art of blaming a generation for everyone's problems is so asinine and immature that I won't really partake in such... :unamused:

Edited by ~Angel Dust~
  • Brohoof 1

When it comes to generational definitions, it looks like the time line for them always get's rearranged by just a few years just so people who are really in one group can pretend they're in another. I go by a generation of 20 years, on the decade mark, because looking at the past century, our decades have been very distinctive, so I say 1980 to 1999 makes you a millennial. None of this add or subtract a few years crap.

Although there are plenty of millennials in the college student range, these make up only the tail end of the range, and a majority are adults in their 30s. Younger generations traditionally vote less often, so even though we're seeing more activity from the younger crowd, those who came before them wouldn't have started making a noticeable dent until right about now as they've fully become parents, career followers, investors, home owners, ect. They're at a point when they can start bringing about change, but they've done little up this point and can hardly be blamed for anything serious. Come back in the next 10 years, then we'll have a real list of things they're responsible for.

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

When it comes to generational definitions, it looks like the time line for them always get's rearranged by just a few years just so people who are really in one group can pretend they're in another. I go by a generation of 20 years, on the decade mark, because looking at the past century, our decades have been very distinctive, so I say 1980 to 1999 makes you a millennial. None of this add or subtract a few years crap.

That's much more logical than the $#!+ that I see. From what I normally see, it sounds like people just make up numbers and think it sounds good.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Phosphor said:

My thoughts exactly!

Also, I've noticed that lots of older folks seem to confuse millennials with 18-22yr old college students. Millennials are either in their 30's or very close to it. I would know, 30 is right around the block for me.  :lie:

Yep. The cohort actually includes my sister who is 38. 

I'm not really fond of the generational labeling, as it leads to bitterness both ways. Particularly when older generations were blamed similarly for things that Millennials and Gen Z are being blamed for now, it all just seems silly to me. We're all in a bad way here on planet Earth, between the economy, Brexit, walking Cheeto, war, famine, anti-vaxxers, climate change, all that. I know it's naive of me to say let's just get along, but it would be nice.

I dunno and I just think it's kind of stupid how generations have to blame other generations like that. It is what it is I suppose. 

• Brohoof 1

this is a topic that really...has no bases to sit on wether that all of the blame the millenials get is their fault or not if we go into the serious matters of the investigation.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:41 AM, SharpWit said:

You're right. Officially when it come to statistics, anyone born in 1980 to 2000 is a Generation Y Millennial.  Even Doug Walker is one since he was born in November 1981.

Also, it's ridiculous to blame us millennials for every thing wrong, when the year we were born doesn't necessarily determine our actions or behavior in life, like our destiny and future are set in stone. The future is full of possibilities and its outcome can be controlled.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

You're right. Officially when it come to statistics, anyone born in 1980 to 2000 is a Generation Y Millennial.  Even Doug Walker is one since he was born in November 1981.

Also, it's ridiculous to blame us millennials for every thing wrong, when the year we were born doesn't necessarily determine our actions or behavior in life, like our destiny and future are set in stone. The future is full of possibilities and its outcome can be controlled.

Technically no, it's actually fairly abstract on where generations lie since everyone has a different idea on where it is. Some say Gen Z starts at around 1995 while others say it's as far as 2000.

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Technically no, it's actually fairly abstract on where generations lie since everyone has a different idea on where it is. Some say Gen Z starts at around 1995 while others say it's as far as 2000.

Personally I go with the researchers who personally said every 20 years is a new generation. It was in the Almanac I read years ago. If you want to label the generations differently than me, go ahead.

(edited)

It’s just another form of “young whippersnaps don’t know how to respect their elders (and by extension, our institutions).”

Goodness knows, maybe us whippersnaps are only “killing” this, that, and the other thing because we can’t be like our parents and just accept their lifestyle and worldview.

And guess what? We’re going to be running things soon. 

Edited by OptimisticNeighsayer

I absolutely blame ancient Rome for failing to become a unified empire and breaking apart creating tons of cultural differences and further conflicts which shaped our world.

This is dumb. Entire generation is NOT responsible for everything. I won't say us millenials are saint, but I will not pretend that other generations didn't do anything wrong.

Yes, everything is my fault because I'm a millennial. It's not like all of the policies and cheating happened prior to my having become an adult or anything. Nope, I'm just lazy and entitled because businesses pay like shit and the good jobs are hogged by people who should have retired years ago. I have no house because housing costs are insane. I'm still fighting against medical issues because insurance covers sweet fuck all and medical care is ridiculously and prohibitively expensive. When I have to pay two to four times what previous generations did on lower salaries, what the fuck do they expect?

I can't blame everything on the previous generations but they sure as fuck didn't help the problem either. They're a symptom of even larger problems with modern society: greed and apathy.

9 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Personally I go with the researchers who personally said every 20 years is a new generation. It was in the Almanac I read years ago. If you want to label the generations differently than me, go ahead.

Never said I would label generations differently from you. I'm say exactly what I've seen from research.

(edited)
2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Never said I would label generations differently from you. I'm say exactly what I've seen from research.

MY research had the researchers labeled generations 1980-2000. It doesn't have to be the same as yours.

Let's just agree to disagree. I'm not trying to pick a fight. Just stating how I see it.

Edited by Will Guide

• 2 weeks later...