Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Big Mac and Sugar Belle get a wedding episode?

FlareGun45

(edited)

So what's next in Big Mac's life? He hasn't had his special episode this season yet, since it seems like ever since season 5, Big Mac's getting at least one special episode for him! So what could that episode be? Perhaps maybe taking the next step with his relationship with Sugar Belle? Maybe getting to know more about his bromance with Spike? Or maybe seeng his siblingly bonding with Applejack? How about ALL THE ABOVE?

I know we had quite a few wedding episodes in the series, but maybe with continuing the theme this season of "changes", maybe we could finally see Sugar Belle and Big Mac get married - and Applejack could be the leading mare to organize it! We're wondering what Applejack's final episode could be, right? Gonna Seed was a good episode, but we ain't leaving AJ with ONE episode this season! C'mon! She didn't even get her final song yet! Of course there'll be some conflict with AJ's organization, cause knowing her, she might push too hard in making it perfect for her big bro in his special day! A moral we've seen before, but this episode would be more focused on the feels!

And guess who could be the best man? C'mon, who's Big Mac's closest guy friend? I doubt he'd pick Discord! :P I love the friendship between Spike and Big Mac, and we don't see alot of it in the series! And both times, Discord's there too hogging the spotlight! Spike and Big Mac have alot in common: both work hard for the ones they're closest too and don't get enough credit? We've seen how hard Big Mac works for his family in Gonna Seed!  How about Bridesmaids? Night Glider? Starlight? I dunno, Sugar Belle and Starlight haven't been shown to be close - neither is Sugar Belle and AJ, but for planning the wedding and all, I'd have the feeling Sugar Belle would choose her as her Mare of Honor!

And in conclusion: where would be a good place for Big Mac and Sugar Belle to get married? Under the apple/pear tree of course! Who knows? Maybe we might even see the Apple parents spirits! That'd give us a ton of feels, wouldn't it? Applegeek would lose it! Oh but that leaves the question of where Big Mac and Sugar Belle would live! Equal Town or Sweet Apple Acres? That'd be an interesting conflict too!

So, Sugarmac wedding episode! Yay or nay?

Edited by FlareGun45
  • Brohoof 2

It would be pretty neat, but I have a feeling that it's not part of the rest of the episodes of this season.

• Brohoof 1

Given we only have half a season left to go, the chances of this happening is slim to none. However, I think the comics might be able to make something work as they might carry on long after the show ends.

I’ve been pushing for the Wedding since Perfect Pear, so yes regardless of whether they went this direction or not, I think it is a great idea. 

Also the entwined tree would be the obvious spot for the wedding. 

28 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Given we only have half a season left to go, the chances of this happening is slim to none. However, I think the comics might be able to make something work as they might carry on long after the show ends.

Why would you think the odds are slim? We still have 6 more episodes that could fill this slot (not including the finale), and AJ's second episode of the season hasn't been revealed yet, and there needs to still be that one final Big Mac episode since every season since season 5 has had at least one!

Just now, FlareGun45 said:

Why would you think the odds are slim? We still have 6 more episodes that could fill this slot (not including the finale), and AJ's second episode of the season hasn't been revealed yet, and there needs to still be that one final Big Mac episode since every season since season 5 has had at least one!

Depends on what Hasbro allowed the writers to do.

Oh, certainly. I'd be surprised if Hasbro wasn't a l l  o v e r  i t. They love weddings and nice stuff like that. Sugar Belle and Big Mac are excellent background characters that deserve another episode that delves deeper into their story, especially because this MLP generation is drawing to a close.

Besides, there are a whole bunch of lessons about friendship to be learned at weddings...

It would certainly be a pretty awesome idea for an episode, as it would really seal Big Mac and Sugar Belle's relationship. Somehow, don't think it will happen within the rest of the season. Then again, I have been wrong before.

(edited)

Big Yes.  That episode would be pretty funny, especially if Pinkie Pie has to plan the wedding, and Rarity wanting to go all out with the attire. In the end, I bet they just want something simple with all their friends given their lifestyle.

One twist would be that the royals are invited like Celestia, Luna, and of course their nephew, Blueblood  Then as a hat tip to the Trixblood fans, have Trixie and Blueblood fall for each other after several egotistical arguments.

Edited by Mongo

You can literally have a blast with this episode in several subplots inspired by some of the posters above:

1. Spike and Discord competing for Best Man.

2. Sugar Belle and Big Mac wanting a simple venue like his parents but Pinkie and Rarity plan for an all out blast. Trixie even wants to meddle by handling the entertainment.

3. Sugar Belle wants Starlight as a Bridesmaid, which makes her uncomfortable given she enslaved Sugar Belle and still can't forgive herself.

4. The Royals coming who have never experienced a commoner wedding and are afraid to offend anyone with their status (except Blueblood who Celestia is pushing to let go of the lines between royalty and commoners).

• Brohoof 1

I think showing a new family happening from scratch and becoming a firm household would be a good educative, positive subject.

Buy I don't think the show would go for it. They are too hesitant to make any kind of decisions which effects future episodes and hard to put back.

42 minutes ago, R.D.Dash said:

I am not sure, would that be pandering to the fan base?

Having Big Mac and Sugar Belle break up so Big Mac can be with Fluttershy or Cheerilee is fanpandering! Big Mac and Sugar Belle getting married is story-driven! ;)

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I think showing a new family happening from scratch and becoming a firm household would be a good educative, positive subject.

Buy I don't think the show would go for it. They are too hesitant to make any kind of decisions which effects future episodes and hard to put back.

Given there won't be any future episodes though, I think that is less of an argument :)

11 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

I am not sure, would that be pandering to the fan base?

Not any more than:

Spoiler
  • Scootaloo's Parents.
  • Celestia+Luna SoL Episode.
  • Villains Episode.
  • Evil Ram from Gen 1 (or whatever).
  • Reviving a douchey 'dark' unicorn to prove a point.

I think it’s would be pretty cool if Big Mac and Sugar Belle were given a wedding episode. We’ve seen about 3 separate weddings throughout the series, but I think this wedding would have a special meaning. I’m not sure if this is the correct theme, but I feel the theme would be the idea of an end to an era, but the beginning of something new. I feel like the lesson could be that the wedding could signify that it’s the end of a journey. However, it also means that the journey has only just begun.

We’ve seen Big Mac and Sugar Belle in certain moments throughout episodes. Especially having two episodes that focused on their relationship. So, I can see this as a fitting conclusion to the relationship, while opening up many more possibilities for their future as a coupleI can see some interesting subplots for other characters like Spike, Starlight, Discord, Applejack and others. I’m not sure if it’ll happen in this season, but I’ve wondered if another wedding episode would happen. 

15 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

Having Big Mac and Sugar Belle break up so Big Mac can be with Fluttershy or Cheerilee is fanpandering! Big Mac and Sugar Belle getting married is story-driven! ;)

4 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Not any more than:

Hide contents
  • Scootaloo's Parents.
  • Celestia+Luna SoL Episode.
  • Villains Episode.
  • Evil Ram from Gen 1 (or whatever).
  • Reviving a douchey 'dark' unicorn to prove a point.

Hm, I suppose although the problem is that their marriage would be somehow felt forced. People would be happy, but at the same time they would shrug it off somehow.

58 minutes ago, R.D.Dash said:

Hm, I suppose although the problem is that their marriage would be somehow felt forced. People would be happy, but at the same time they would shrug it off somehow.

Forced in which way?

They have been a couple for a while already.

She takes lessons in Ponyville to spend more time with him.

She has spent the holidays with him and his whole family, as her marefriend.

A marriage is actually a natural development, whether it happens on screen or not is another story, but it is the natural development for their relationship.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

Forced in which way?

Like it's not part of a show, (I don't know) the writers felt they need to put check mark on their relationship status. Even though it's perfectly normal.

Edited by R.D.Dash

Hell no. I hate this ship with a burning passion. Every time they're in an episode together it ends up making Big Mac look like a complete idiot.

• Brohoof 1

The fact there is arguing about this is ridiculous.  She loves him to death and he the same as seen in many episodes.

They should get married.  Again, many funny subplots can spawn in this episode.

Another good tie-in based on the Perfect Pear episode, Big Mac wanted to come back to Burnt Oak to hear more stories about his parents. What if he goes back to learn about the special things his Dad did for his Mom in order to make Sugar Belle more special.

And in this day and age since the woman now proposes to men too, why not have Sugar Belle ask Big Mac despite his aspiration of asking first?

18 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

Like it's not part of a show, (I don't know) the writers felt they need to put check mark on their relationship status. Even though it's perfectly normal.

Fair enough, I agree that the show is not about that and an episode about the wedding itself could feel out of place.

It could still be a good context for an episode about friendship and family, the wedding doesn't need to be the central plot.

• Brohoof 1