Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weighted Blankets

J.T.

I would love to try one, especially in the winter when I want to get all cocooned in my bed. As it is I have to sleep with a lot of blankets to get the same result, so it would be logical to try a weighted one, even though they are a bit spendy. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't normally use them. I tend to move around and don't like being in one spot when I am trying to sleep, and weighted blankets don't help much, hahaha.

• Brohoof 1

No way! I'd get too hot, and like Ody says above me, I tend to move around a lot in my sleep and cannot under any circumstances feel weighted down. :please:

• Brohoof 2

I mean, my ideal sleeping position is burrito'd up in a bunch of warm blankets while the room temperature is freezing. I do move around quite a bit while sleeping though, like others before me have said, so I dunno how much I'd be able to stand being completely immobilized.

I'm willing to give it a try though.

• Brohoof 1

I used my younger brothers once and it was alright. I sleep kind of oddly though. I don't flop around or toss and turn enough to wake anyone up, but sometimes everything gets moved around or I find myself in an awkward position, especially if I'm on a couch. I've actually been found dangling over edges upside down on multiple occasions. :laugh:

Anyways, I liked the blanket, but it's so dense when bunched up that the next morning my back was strained because I got it so I was basically laying across a soft log, but that's still being uncomfortably bent. I see why people get them for their calming effect, and I love feeling enveloped in a hug as much as anyone, but wouldn't personally get one for myself.

• Brohoof 1

I kinda want to get one myself, or one of those stretchy blue things you sometimes see circulating facebook.  That one looks really breathable and would be ideal for summer.  I don’t quite remember what it was called...  

Never tried them before (because I never heared of them before), but I maybe would in winter. I mean, if they hold one really warm, I guess it would be more comfortable and practical to have only one warm blanket instead of 3 or 4 different blankets.

I use them very rarely, as I tend to get really hot during the nights, which would require me to take the blanket off anyways.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I have a weighted blanket, a 20lbs one. I really like the weight on me. Stops me from rolling around in my sleep so much, and you feel a bit more snug in bed. It can help people sleep with anxiety disorders as well.

• Brohoof 2

I have one. I like it! Just takes getting used to. They are indeed very snuggly and warm - perfect for cold winter nights.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Retro*Derpy said:

I have a weighted blanket, a 20lbs one. I really like the weight on me. Stops me from rolling around in my sleep so much, and you feel a bit more snug in bed. It can help people sleep with anxiety disorders as well.

8 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

What good things?

Ziggs, I was about to respond, but saw Retro's response, the good things were pretty much what they wrote.