Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology what soundbar or speakers do you have?

Angle Alastor

so im in the market for a soundbar with true i mean true surround sound that can pack a punch in movies and games , i was wondering if anyone here has one and can tell a bit about it ? im thinking of getting the vizio 36inch 5.1 soundbar...also what do you think about them ? :3 

I have a pair of modified (different midrange and tweeter, different filters) Radiotehnika S-90D in my TV room.

I use a pair of Сонет 25АС-202 on my PC desk.

Those are stereo though.

Edited by Pentium100

A sound bar can't do surround sound. They can say whatever they want but surround sound is discrete channels around the room. You need 5.1 minimum, 7.1 is becoming more common, and 16 channels eventually. Also you need a processor that does Dolby Atmos, DTS, Dolby Vision, and HDR.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:57 AM, Pentium100 said:

I have a pair of modified (different midrange and tweeter, different filters) Radiotehnika S-90D in my TV room.

I use a pair of Сонет 25АС-202 on my PC desk.

Those are stereo though.

your speakers look really cool

• Brohoof 1

I have an RCA sound bar for my TV and it sounds great. It does some funny things when I play VHS tapes; something about the connector from my TV/VCR setup seem to confuse it. But otherwise I have no complaints and imagine it’s pretty similar to the Visio sound bars. It’s not what I consider true surround unless there are other peripheral speakers, but the stereo effects can be pretty nice.  

• Brohoof 1