Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you still watch mlp if it became a full blown anime?

Muffinnz

Would you still watch mlp if it became a full blown anime?  

40 users have voted

1. 1. Would you still watch mlp if it became a full blown anime?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

24 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Can you explain ir a bit more? Right now I can only think of the visual style and MLP:FIM is kinda close to anime anyway...

I think OP means like...if it had much more drama, romance, fight scenes like the Tirek encounter, more mature themes and less "friendship, GO!" kinda thing

So yes, I would

• Brohoof 2

Absolutely! It would open up all the limits that keeps hindering MLP to grow into something fantastic. If the show and characters were allowed to grow with the stories, but otherwise, an Anime wouldn't really be any better (the artstyle of MLP FIM was good as it was, and doesn't need any Anime style stuff)

• Brohoof 2

Absolutely not; it would follow every bad cliche possible, I can just feel it. I mean yeah, it could be fun to watch, but just replace the mane 6 with generic anime girls, change the world a bit, and poof you got yourself a typical anime.

• Brohoof 1

That depends on a lot of things. If it's like every stereotypical anime, then no. If it's basically just MLP with a bit more drama, fighting, and mature themes, then I'd give it a shot. Anime is really hit or miss for me.

• Brohoof 2

Ehh I don't think so; I don't really like the anime art style.

As for the show handling more mature themes, that could be either a hit or miss. I think the show's done well so far when it touches on more serious things but it's hard to say if some of the charm would be lost if the whole focus was changed to be a bit darker.

• Brohoof 1

I read the My Little Pony Manga and wow it was incredible! 

So i would def. not be against an anime as long as it wasn’t all tropey cuz then that would be annoying, cringey, and distracting. 

In other words, only in art style. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Blivy said:

YES actually, and also depending on how its written I may actually REALLY like it as well! Just depends how it wrote! 

119.png

If they were pretty girls in an anime, their eyes would need to be MUCH bigger :)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

one of Lauren's shows got an anime show in japan and it became popular. *cough cough* the powerpuff girls z *couch cough* 

so, it would be that bad to see an anime show out of it, plus i heard many bronies say the show is kind of close to anime. and the addition the  kotobukiya anime figures of the girls wouldn't bad to see them in a show or something in japan.

• 6 months later...