Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Period Story?

Emerald Heart

Okay, so this is a question for all my ladies out there.

Whether it was embarrassing, painful, or whatever... what was the worst period you've had?

I have a couple.

1. This happened back in middle school during the Winter time. It was freezing cold outside, and I was running track (when I was actually athletic). I had forgotten to bring painkillers, and the cold was actually making me feel worse. I pushed through it though, I wasn't a wimp. Though it suddenly became too much, and I felt sick to my stomach. So, much ro my embarrassment, I threw up on the field. It was awful. 
  2. I can't tell if this one was worse than the one before. This one happened last year, but I forgot exactly when. My parents were out shopping, so I was so alone. I was feeling god awful. I had just been in the bathroom, thinking everything was fine. I decided to lay on my bed for a bit because my craps were unbearable. But things got worse when I started getting really sweaty, and felt very nauseous. I had to wobble my way to my bathroom, as I couldn't seem to walk in a straight line. When nothing happened, I tried to go back to bed, but found that I could barley keep my balance. I was starting to see double too, and ended up just laying in a phedal position on the ground all clammy, my vision getting worse. I managed to pull myself up to go get my phone, having to clutch onto stuff as I walked over to my nightstand, then walked right back. I texted them my problem, then stayed in the bathroom for many, many hours, unable to move. My Mom even brought my pillow in there.

--

I know this subject is very personal, and you don't have to respond if you don't want to.

Edited by Emerald Heart

I have my fair share of embarrassing period stories. 

I was having such painful cramps one time, I made a quick trip to Target to fetch some painkillers and I was walking through the store having literal contractions with both hands on my lower back like I was pregnant. I think a lot of people thought I was too. :laugh: Especially with how tired I probably looked. 

Word of caution tho, I dunno how much this will relate or anything, but be careful which pain killers you use, and if possible, don't use the same one over and over.
(taking too much ibuprofen back to back can cause ulcers and nasty stuff)

Hmm, there have been a couple times I forgot to take my birth control pill at the right time :unsure: 

But otherwise I don’t bother with periods; no pain, no blood, and I save money (pills are covered by insurance, tampons and pads are not).

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, Meson Bolt said:

Word of caution tho, I dunno how much this will relate or anything, but be careful which pain killers you use, and if possible, don't use the same one over and over.

Oh I know. I try not to over take those kinds of things anyhow not just because of that but also because your body can even become immune and desensitized to them. 

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Meson Bolt said:

Alright, well, yeah.

I rotate from Tylenol to ibuprofen to acetaminophen to try to avoid that.

• Brohoof 1

I got mine for the first time in middle school whilst sitting in English class. I felt something odd happen but didn’t question it. It wasn’t until I looked down did I realize that my jeans were drenched/stained...bad. It was actually my turn to present a project to the class too. I wasn’t about to let the entire class see that I just period all over myself so I went to the nurse. She gave me the appropriate supplies but me not knowing how to use feminine products, I had to figure it out myself. It was a bit scary for me! Thankfully, the day was nearing its end and only had one class left: gym. I sat out the entire class. I still thank God to this day that I had a sweatshirt I could tie around my waist that day to cover my pants. 

I had it real bad during gym and was waddling around until one of the teachers let me use the restroom. So that was fun to deal with while running around. I had to deal with it a couple of times and once it was when everyone was changing to leave.

One girl in the locker room liked to tease me and just generally be annoying and banged on the door when she heard the noises of the feminine products. She kept banging until I answered her and she randomly said “I’m on my period too” as if that meant we had something in common and we could just instantly be friends.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/28/2020 at 4:23 PM, Splashee said:

I can't remember.... Oh wait.

I think you are all brave talking about it here :coco: I am glad to be a male.

Eat a couple bags flaming hot cheetos, wait a few hours and have the male period experience! :Pharynx:

12 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

As crazy as it sounds. I really wish I had a story to contribute. Alas, I have cheated nature in this area. :yeahno:

Lucky actually, you can be pretty and not die once a month! 

12 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I had it real bad during gym and was waddling around until one of the teachers let me use the restroom. So that was fun to deal with while running around. I had to deal with it a couple of times and once it was when everyone was changing to leave.

One girl in the locker room liked to tease me and just generally be annoying and banged on the door when she heard the noises of the feminine products. She kept banging until I answered her and she randomly said “I’m on my period too” as if that meant we had something in common and we could just instantly be friends.

OH well a few years from now that will make a great story! 

• Brohoof 2

One occasion comes to mind from a little over a year ago when I was supposed to train a new group of ladies at work. This required a lot of smiling, physical posturing and leading by example, which under the circumstances was asking a lot. I had such severe cramps I wanted only to crawl into the nearest dark corner, think about rolling fields of daffodils and check out of the human race for awhile. I’m no stranger to back pain, but I had pain broadcasting all over the place and I felt like crap. I had a pinched expression on my face, a bad case of the sweats and had to lean on anything I could find to stay upright. Normally it is what it is and I just take a painkiller and forge ahead through it, but this round was diabolical! Finally I threw dignity to the wind and simply told the trainees outright that I was having a glorious full-on feminine rebellion going on and referred them to my best friend and colleague, who carried on in my stead while I attempted to compose myself. If nothing else, the ladies were a little more friendly and at-ease when they saw my human side in all its um...splendor.

This one time when I was younger, I foolishly made the decision to ride my bike while I was on my period...  I never liked tampons since at that age(and without proper therapy) I was pretty dysphoric about what was going on down there so I didn't want to deal with it too much.  I was wearing a pad though...  Anyways, the ride to the store wasn't bad but when I leave the store and hop on my bike....  I felt a massive squish, it was rather unpleasant.  I didn't say anything to anyone so I spent the ride back with probably a disgusted look on my face and an ever encroaching feeling of being wet.  As soon as I came home, I ran inside and immediately to the bathroom and y'all…  It looked like a damned murder scene, the blood soaked through my pants and I had these two large stains on my butt and in my crotch.  Thankfully, no one said anything about it but I never touched a bike again after that.  Never.  Even now with transitioning and not having to worry about periods anymore, I'm just like, "Nah, I'll walk".

1 minute ago, Splashee said:

You really should bicycle again though. Don't let one bad memory ruin something so unique and fun as bicycling.

I know but now I can't afford getting a bike these days, I just take the bus if something's too far away for me to walk.

3 minutes ago, Thuja said:

I know but now I can't afford getting a bike these days, I just take the bus if something's too far away for me to walk.

At least I know from experience, you doing need to put training wheels on again after such a long time. You will still remember how to bicycle :coco: I hope you will find a way to ride a bike again.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

oof, thankfully mine are very mild (the stories at least), but still annoying. back in sophomore year of high school I bled all the way through my light gray jeans and it was super noticeable :sealed: luckily my cramps were so bad I got to leave classes early! yay endometriosis....?

and then another occurrence when I bled while I was sleeping and bled through two means of protection, my sweatpants, AND my bedsheets. luckily I use a mattress cover. which still has a sizeable stain:please:

• 4 weeks later...

Worst period story? I'm a dude, but my worst period story is the time I was working as a janitor at McDonald's. A lady left the bathroom and... she left a trail of blood from there to the front door. I had to rush to clean it up.

Cleaning the girls' room was the worst aspect of that job... but then I did find an abandoned non-McDonald's Applejack toy in there once, so that was nice to add to my collection.