Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

8 hours ago, Thuja said:

Turnip Exchange?  I'm not very familiar with that.

Yes!  That was me!  Sorry I didn't notice your post from before!  Last I noticed you couldn't find me on an in-game list or something?

There's a site that lets you look for other islands where people have high turnip prices: https://turnip.exchange/  I've listed my island there before, and also found islands where I can sell my own turnips when I don't have a spike in a given week.

I think that either I need to meet you on your island via dodo code or you need to come to my island via dodo code to get listed on each other's in-game friends lists.  When's a good time of day to set something like that up?  I'm in the USA Eastern time zone.

• Brohoof 1

You can send each other a friend request when you play together on one island at least once and then you go to add friend through your profile's page in the home menu and then search for users you played with. This normally helps without using a friend code. Of course to find each other, you'll need to know each other's profile after each online session. It kind of happened to me before when I sold my turnips at another person's island and got a friend request from this host without using a friend code.

I'm enjoying the Wedding event between Reese and Cyrus these past few days.

June 1

FB_IMG_1591377626074.thumb.jpg.42900519da83c96f4cda28b2203e1911.jpg

June 2

FB_IMG_1591377635488.thumb.jpg.a5e557cb813c857c7189e93495a67155.jpg

June 3

FB_IMG_1591377642151.thumb.jpg.944e4ac768cb1462590e3aca5dbe825f.jpg

June 4

FB_IMG_1591377649334.thumb.jpg.63983e1a39c254868910140d01ac75b9.jpg

Plus I plan to obtain Wedding Furniture of my own to decorate my 2nd floor. It will make a great substitute until I find some actual Fairy Tale stuff.

• Brohoof 1

That's pretty much creative there. When it comes to reception, that's the easiest part to create. the wedding part, well I normally put 6 benches on each side and 5 wall decorations on each side on the wall. I believe there's more to than just wedding furnitures. I checked the villagerdb for NH (which was useful as moridb for NL) and there's more wedding stuff to grab as well. Here's the list of the wedding items.

9 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

There's a site that lets you look for other islands where people have high turnip prices: https://turnip.exchange/  I've listed my island there before, and also found islands where I can sell my own turnips when I don't have a spike in a given week.

I think that either I need to meet you on your island via dodo code or you need to come to my island via dodo code to get listed on each other's in-game friends lists.  When's a good time of day to set something like that up?  I'm in the USA Eastern time zone.

Ah ok

Either one is fine, I'm in central US time zone.  I usually play at random times in the day so whatever works best for you I'm good with.  I usually don't come online(on my computer that is) until the afternoon.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I need to start the wedding event soon before it ends 😬

It goes on until the end of the month, so you have time. However, no Wedding set objects can be ordered from the catalog, so if you want multiples the more days you play, the better.

The site that I shared should tell you guys which of the wedding furnitures you can get. The event ends at the end of the month so you should have all the time you can get.

I wouldn't advise letting your villagers go if you don't have their poster(s) and picture(s) yet. There's a way to get their posters however they need to be resident on your island and you don't need their amiibo to do it so if you're making them move out, you wanna unlock their posters to your special goods catalog as a last chance. All you have to do is go inside harv's phototopia,via his land and then go to the edit mode and then go to your storage menu and then you'll see the residents icon there and then you can place in all of your villagers. After that, you can leave harv's island and their posters will be available to you in the special goods catalog under posters tab.

As for villager's pictures go, well it's the same way as you get their pictures in WW, CF, NL, and PC. You just have to talk, give gifts, do favors for them (as needed), and return their lost items to them. here's the gift guide if you guys need it so it can help you build up friendship to your villagers. Jock villagers on the other hand, well in addition to what they're favorite is, you can give them sporting stuff like exercise bike, punching bag, and other stuff like those.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Thuja said:

Either one is fine, I'm in central US time zone.  I usually play at random times in the day so whatever works best for you I'm good with.  I usually don't come online(on my computer that is) until the afternoon.

I found another option; I think I found you on my friends list, so I can use the Nook Shopping catalog to mail exercise items to you!  I've sent you an exercise ball and an exercise bike already; I also have Upright Lockers in my catalog, but the only two colors I have are red and yellow.

Speaking of, I've got a pull-up bar in my catalog as well, but the only colors I have are red and black.  Which colors would you prefer?  Or would you prefer both so you can have alternating colors of lockers, like they sometimes do in real life?

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

I found another option; I think I found you on my friends list, so I can use the Nook Shopping catalog to mail exercise items to you!  I've sent you an exercise ball and an exercise bike already; I also have Upright Lockers in my catalog, but the only two colors I have are red and yellow.

Speaking of, I've got a pull-up bar in my catalog as well, but the only colors I have are red and black.  Which colors would you prefer?  Or would you prefer both so you can have alternating colors of lockers, like they sometimes do in real life?

Ah, really?  That's cool!  For the upright locker, you can send either one you prefer to send.  Or both, it's really up to you!

The red pull-up bar would be nice!  Thanks for sending me this stuff in the first place!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

Do any of you guys have celeste visiting and/or have meteor shower going on? I'm looking for either one or both, but mostly that I need meteor shower. I don't have enough gemini fragments to make a gemini closet. As of celeste goes, I still need some DIYs from her and i'm not finding much on my search lately.

This my reception party yesterday. I forgot to give my character an appropriate outfit before starting the party. D:

qX9kus2.jpg

• Brohoof 1

This game got me through the pandemic.  I'm at the stage now where I'm slowing down, but I am doing the wedding side-quest so I can fill up my storage with useless stuff I'll never use for the sake of completing an objective.  Hey, it gives me something to do.  Now that I'm starting to transition back to work I have less free time again, so I guess I'll see how things go.  I'm kind of upset with a friend of mine who came to visit and stole my only purple hyacinth without asking, so I'll have to pour over my friendship tomes to decide how to proceed with her.  

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

This game got me through the pandemic.  I'm at the stage now where I'm slowing down, but I am doing the wedding side-quest so I can fill up my storage with useless stuff I'll never use for the sake of completing an objective.  Hey, it gives me something to do.  Now that I'm starting to transition back to work I have less free time again, so I guess I'll see how things go.  I'm kind of upset with a friend of mine who came to visit and stole my only purple hyacinth without asking, so I'll have to pour over my friendship tomes to decide how to proceed with her.  

That's pretty harsh for taking flowers without asking. if you guys aren't best friends, then your friend shouldn't be able to shovel up the flowers since you have to be best friends to shovel up some flowers. The other thing is that you have to be strict with the visitors including your friends so you have to let'em know not to take (unless permitted) or run over the flowers. Buying stuff from the shops are optional, but if you're close to closing time, then they have to make it a last min or hr chance otherwise they'll miss the opportunity to buy what they want. A Lot of people are strict with their flowers lately unless they ask to water the flowers to get more of the hybrids. The other optional thing for the visitors and friends to do is grab the DIY recipe from the villager, but that all depends on who's crafting and what they're crafting and the other is celeste and meteor shower.

2 hours ago, Envy said:

This my reception party yesterday. I forgot to give my character an appropriate outfit before starting the party. D:

qX9kus2.jpg

Actually everything is all about looks regardless of your outfit, and hair style. I did forget that too, but I decided not to. Just so you know that there's a wedding fence after you complete the wedding reception party although you get the wedding fence DIY recipe from harv.

Anyway I'm gonna start selling these recipes right now. they're making a mess in my house and i'm not sure if HHA evaluates the basement room. I wanted to give'em away here, but that all depends on what you guys have learned so far and I can eliminate those that have learned the recipes. It's just that these recipes aren't the ones i'm looking for.

• Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Anyway I'm gonna start selling these recipes right now. they're making a mess in my house and i'm not sure if HHA evaluates the basement room. I wanted to give'em away here, but that all depends on what you guys have learned so far and I can eliminate those that have learned the recipes. It's just that these recipes aren't the ones i'm looking for.

The main room of my first floor is covered entirely with extra DIY recipes. I still get an S rank every week. lol

• Brohoof 1

On 6/7/2020 at 3:43 PM, KirbyFluttershy said:

That's pretty harsh for taking flowers without asking. if you guys aren't best friends, then your friend shouldn't be able to shovel up the flowers since you have to be best friends to shovel up some flowers. The other thing is that you have to be strict with the visitors including your friends so you have to let'em know not to take (unless permitted) or run over the flowers. Buying stuff from the shops are optional, but if you're close to closing time, then they have to make it a last min or hr chance otherwise they'll miss the opportunity to buy what they want. A Lot of people are strict with their flowers lately unless they ask to water the flowers to get more of the hybrids. The other optional thing for the visitors and friends to do is grab the DIY recipe from the villager, but that all depends on who's crafting and what they're crafting and the other is celeste and meteor shower.

Yeah, she's a good friend.  It's all good though, as she returned the flower.  I let her know that there are some flowers I'm willing to part with, but I politely said she should ask first next time.  So, she's forgiven and we're good now.  I was kind of upset about it though, especially given how difficult it is to grow a purple hyacinth.  Well, that and it was one of the first hybrids to appear on my island.  Curiously it wasn't two blue hyacinths that created it.  It came from the blue, pink and orange hyacinths I took from an island excursion and planted next to one another.  I highly suspect it was the blue and pink one that produced it, but there's no way to be sure.  Maybe I've gotten too attached to code though...

I use blue hyacinths to make purple, but if you want to grow more of the same color, you'll have to plant the same colored flowers, at least 2-4 flowers. That's how I got most of the hybrids. You may wanna grow extra flowers so that way you'll have some extra to use as materials or give them away. Probably at least more than 2-4 flowers to grow. If it helps a little more, well you can have people to help water your flowers to increase those chances. I normally plant my flowers in a plus or X formation.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:19 PM, Envy said:

The main room of my first floor is covered entirely with extra DIY recipes. I still get an S rank every week. lol

Really?

Because that sounds like a cheap, lazy way to get a high rank that the programmers forgot to edit out

It's my birthday tomorrow! (10th June) obviously as I've not played any AC games before New Horizons, I'm excited to find out what happens. (I have a rough idea, but no spoilers please 😌). 

11 hours ago, Harii Moxxiie said:

It's my birthday tomorrow! (10th June) obviously as I've not played any AC games before New Horizons, I'm excited to find out what happens. (I have a rough idea, but no spoilers please 😌). 

Happy early birthday!

Just to let you guys know about doing the wedding day event, you can change clothes and outfits while doing the photo although the clothes and outfits will be reverted back to what you were wearing before when you're done with the photo shoot. What you can't change is the hair style, and color while doing the photo shoot so if you need to change hair style and color, do it before you go to harv's island if you're not confident with what you picked.

• Brohoof 1