Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

McDonald’s toy sets you collected

DubWolf

Anyone really try to get all the toys of a certain theme?

I beat remember collecting the Finding Nemo ones among many. I was never able to collect all 101 Dalmatians (gosh I had probably like.... 60 types. Maybe more but some duplicates ). I know there were others but these I remember well.

i went to McDonald’s a little too often for those Dalmatians... how dare my mother let me! I sometimes only just got the toy.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

I remember I would sometimes ask to trade in a duplicate toy for the toy I wanted :P 

I collected the Littlest Pet Shop toys, and probably some others that I don’t remember. Didn’t go to McDonald’s very often.

Understandably :wacko: .

You wouldn’t be able to trade toys now :P . Weird, I hope that doesn’t become the norm.... 

• Brohoof 1

I didn't collect any specific set of toys from them per se, but me and a friend of mine thought the escape to Madagascar ones were annoying from the sounds they made and while I liked the movie I wasn't particularly interested in playing with them either, so we decided to smash them open by placing them on a tree stump and taking a pickaxe to them, then saved up the electrical parts, and soon we were doing that to other toys as well.

My girlfriend collected all of the original Lion King Plushies for the second movie and we were working on getting all of the scenery toys from the "live action" version.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1

We didn't go to McDonald's very much if at all when i was a kid..just getting one toy of any kind from there made me so happy. ^_^ I remember when the little Ty plushies were being sold in Happy Meals, that was probably the only series of Happy Meal toys I wanted to collect. 

• Brohoof 1

I haven’t touched a toy from McDonald’s since the Neopets line came out. I was obsessed with those things. 

I’ve collected some Star Wars sets and have some really old ones handed down from before I was born. Happy Meal toys are pretty cool, especially when you don’t have to buy the meal to get them. Sometimes I just ask to buy the toys and they’ll let me pick the one(s) I want for less money than the whole meal.  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hm I only get the ones I like. But the only ones I actually collected from McDonald’s was this

36A66175-DC8F-4A2D-94E8-E757BAC65CAD.webp.c89beb514274e788cbf46bda168bd1ce.webp

Overall I think Burger King sells theirs a lot better. I actually collected all from these line  

These are what you called a Gucci worthy watch back in the old days 

1431E02B-CC13-4122-B82A-0476EFC7FC0F.thumb.webp.e2c15365ebe41f56eddd4f0b4c5c28cf.webp
4B983107-854F-4D37-84AC-09D5CFF3BC9D.jpeg.8bec7b6beafe9509256d6a119ff13f65.jpeg

And yes pokemon was the biggest hunt spree for toys 

69BF7890-00B6-4F0F-B11C-B3D977D03D50.jpeg.0618bc3ef3d5e8dbd28e8bc866c80ac2.jpeg
My siblings and I were able to manage to get ‘em all haha. Sadly I no longer have any of these in my possession..

• Brohoof 1

I had some of the Sonic LCD toys, but I think Burger King had the better toy sets. I actually had the Pokeball with the golden Pokemon card that came out to promote the first movie. I would have taken better care of it if I had known it was going to be valuable:worry:

59 minutes ago, Megas said:

I had some of the Sonic LCD toys, but I think Burger King had the better toy sets. I actually had the Pokeball with the golden Pokemon card that came out to promote the first movie. I would have taken better care of it if I had known it was going to be valuable:worry:

Oh my god yes these Pokémon cards. Guess we were just too young, carefree and excited about getting free pokemon cards, to even think like a ‘scrappers’. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

I had a bunch of Pokémon figures from buying and some I snagged when they were donated to the library I work at but room is an issue for my room with all my stuff and I brought them back so the kids could get them as prizes. I do still have Lunala and Solgaleo though. Kinda weird how they used to be Burger King when the recall happened and then McD’s got the license. 

I used to have some of the stuffed toys they put out and wish I still had my Lion King 2 toys.  Also kinda would like to get the Animorphs toys. Wanna say that was KFC or Taco Bell but can’t remember.

9 hours ago, TBD said:

Hm I only get the ones I like. But the only ones I actually collected from McDonald’s was this

36A66175-DC8F-4A2D-94E8-E757BAC65CAD.webp.c89beb514274e788cbf46bda168bd1ce.webp

oh my goodness, I actually had that bl;ue sonic racer one in my garage. The little beeps as you got faster used to get me paranoid XD

• 8 months later...