Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FINALLY, a Pony Life trailer.

CastletonSnob

(edited)

Woah!

Gonna edit after watching.

AFTER WATCHING:

Ok... seems... teen titans go-ish, but not to thundercats roar shitty tier... I guess I'll give it a try and hope they keep the self awareness up. I mean, they seem to be mocking themselves through the trailer, so, who knows? It could be the kind of show one watches as a guilty pleasure when there's nothing else on tv.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 1

I have no Idea what to say to this, the Pony Characters new style looks fine but the Backgrounds look like trash sometimes.

The Humor seems to be okayish but nothing i really look forward to. It seems to be a nice Show to watch once and then forget about it, which i will probably do.

It is a shame, from the character design it kinda looks like The Amazing World of Gumball, even though it will probably not even be half as good, i really hope it is not the talked about G5...please dear god no, please let G5 actually be something else and still be upcoming.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Lucky Bolt will fall in love with that Applejack, I am 100% sure! :mlp_yeehaa:

And for me, I am excited. It has Princess Celestia :sunbutt:

And the theme sounded very upbeat and dance-techno-pop, like Equestria Girls first movie theme. I don't complain about anything here. :wau:

Edited by Splashee
EDIT: Is that Rainbow Dash and Applejack actually singing the theme? O.O
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Woah!

Gonna edit after watching.

AFTER WATCHING:

Ok... seems... teen titans go-ish, but not to thundercats roar shitty tier... I guess I'll give it a try and hope they keep the self awareness up. I mean, they seem to be mocking themselves through the trailer, so, who knows? It could be the kind of show one watches as a guilty pleasure when there's nothing else on tv.

All this show need is blessing from 4chan, and we will have a new category of Bronies again B) Keep me updated Jesse!

@Lucky Bolt Applejack is driving a racing car..... Come on! This is made for you :Pharynx:

EDIT: She's also breaking the 4th wall talking to the camera all the time! The animation for their walking is less quality than FIM. Gummy seems to be sentient?

Edited by Splashee
Watching in 0.25x speed to see all the details in animation and design o.O

It's obviously for kids and I mean, really young kids, toddlers. It definitely won't have the impact that FiM still has, no matter what.

As for the design, I thought I'd like how they looked but now I don't. Right down to the cutie marks being wrong. I think the song is also horrendous as a theme. Not even remotely memorable. Me personally, I'm just gonna ignore it and enjoy the FiM material we still have. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 1

On one hand, the animation is clearly taking advantage of the cartoony medium. There’s way more slapstick than what you’d normally find in FIM, especially post-S1.

On the other, every character is the same eccentrically. Not confident about the humor. :/

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

It's obviously for kids and I mean, really young kids, toddlers. It definitely won't have the impact that FiM still has, no matter what.

As for the design, I thought I'd like how they looked but now I don't. Right down to the cutie marks being wrong. I think the song is also horrendous as a theme. Not even remotely memorable. Me personally, I'm just gonna ignore it and enjoy the FiM material we still have. 

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree with you, only 10 years ago. I thought FIM was meant for toddlers with Pinkie Pie's humor and the art style being too off from the G1 art style (not looking like ponies etc). The theme song for FIM was also, - and still is - horrible to this day.

For each new generation, they simplify the pony style, and make it cuter. I think they succeeded! Being made for toddlers? I saw a sentient Gummy in there, actually having eye contact with Rarity... That is more than the non-sentient Gummy from FIM.

Anyways, agreeing and disagreeing will happen at this point. Let's just watch the first episode, and then make the judgment then. I think 4chan will decide for us whenever if it will be a hit or not. That's where the Internet memes and odd sub-cultures are born.

• Brohoof 4

post-24370-0-30945800-1474565847_thumb.png

Looks like it's shrunk and dumbed down to be cranked out quick to sell a toy refresh.:unamused:

On the bright side, it sounds like the mane 6 VA's had some additional work.

I'll definitely take a look when it comes out, but I don't think I'll like it. It just oozes "cheap cash grab":confused:

Lol it’s as exciting as I expected which is not at all, and what they did to Rainbow’s design is unforgivable. 

That said I’m still gonna give it a chance.

• Brohoof 1

Well that was definitely...interesting? I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, honestly, but, it's giving me good vibes so far. Heh, Applejack was driving a car... @Splashee that's something we never got in FIM. :ButtercupLaugh: I'm definitely going to give Pony Life a chance, I'm curious for the premiere. 

11 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

Lol it’s as exciting as I expected which is not at all, and what they did to Rainbow’s design is unforgivable. 

I know, they butchered her. Lol.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ah yes, contrived, hyperactive 'this character is, like, so awkward' gags, oversimplified, vector-esque animation and self-indulgent meme faces. We've got an impending masterpiece on our hands, folks.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

Went in expecting something horrid and honestly, it really doesn't look half bad for what it is. It looks far better than the original images that were with the announcement of it. It obviously is cute, looks like it will have a lot of energy which could be fun and perhaps it would be neat to see some beloved characters be in a more silly tone. Dunno, I don't hate it. Obviously a trailer only says so much so it is a case of definitely having to see it in action. At the very least, I'm not dreading it.

Also, I doubt most people can deny that this is cute:

2082854948_MyLittlePonyPonyLifeNEWPonyLifeTrailer.gif.c36a1f39dcb8741f300b644124a40595.gif

• Brohoof 5

I think the biggest gripe i have with it so far is probably how cartoony it feels. if that's a thing to say. It feels too much like the current flare of cartoons. Which i think i enjoyed the different form that at Least FiM had over the other cartoons that were out because of it's own art style. But, keeping in mind the target audience i guess it's really unfair for me to judge it. I don't like teen titans Go, but the audience it's targeted for enjoyed it. While i did enjoy Gumball as a brain dead show to watch. I guess it's more to see how this turns out in that aspect as it's just like the bridge series till the next generation comes out. Good for the team though to have their original voices that's always cool. (I believe someone said it here?)

Not a fan of that theme song though, it was too choppy vocals wise in my opinion.

34 minutes ago, Darksword66 said:

Not a fan of that theme song though, it was too choppy vocals wise in my opinion.

Hmm, I only hear a MLP remix playing in the background, to be very honest, it should like this:

Spoiler

And the lyrics side makes me think about this:

Spoiler

And looking at Equestria Girls, just like this makes me really want to see ponies instead, and Pony Life does it better that colorful people?

It is just in style with 2020 pop instead of 2010 pop. That's the only new about it. TO me it sounds very MLP theme which I am bored of listening to by now.