FINALLY, a Pony Life trailer.

CastletonSnob

Animation erros, like the characters just sliding when they shouldn't, animation pacing... Spike is somehow the only one to look good in this style. omfg... ew? I guess... Man this feels like a whole rollercoster.

4 hours ago, Splashee said:

I agree with you, only 10 years ago. I thought FIM was meant for toddlers with Pinkie Pie's humor and the art style being too off from the G1 art style (not looking like ponies etc). The theme song for FIM was also, - and still is - horrible to this day.

For each new generation, they simplify the pony style, and make it cuter. I think they succeeded! Being made for toddlers? I saw a sentient Gummy in there, actually having eye contact with Rarity... That is more than the non-sentient Gummy from FIM.

Anyways, agreeing and disagreeing will happen at this point. Let's just watch the first episode, and then make the judgment then. I think 4chan will decide for us whenever if it will be a hit or not. That's where the Internet memes and odd sub-cultures are born.

So, after a dive into my beloved shitpond /mlp/ is, I can tell you 4chan is neutral ground to Pony Life.

Most oldfags are giving it a chance at best, calling it cancer at worst (and still watching it).

It seems the real battle in opinion is between the barbiefags and fillyfuntasiafags who hated the trailer and the regular veterans who either don't mind, think is shit but better than equestria girls, or simply are somewhat excited to see how bad the show can get to be. In general, the self awareness of the show seems to be a desirable trait for anon, and the flanderization of the characters seem to be the thing most dislike. There are proPL and against PL at almost equal rates, if not more proPL people on 4chan.

That's my report, @Splashee

• Brohoof 1

I had hope for this series (albeit small) and this sorta ruined it. This is just too silly of an approach for generation 4 and I can’t get behind it. This looks like it’s going to be cringey/hard to watch. Even so, I will watch the first episode.

Silly, to pass the time. What I’ve expected, and surely the developers aimed. Pretty sure I’ll watch it to the end, but it won’t have FIM’s impact. Which is OK, I really don’t think that’s their goal. Just some horse content before G5 next year

• Brohoof 1

It's pretty much MLP's version of Transformers Rescue Bots, targeted to a younger audience than the franchise's usual demographic, but shouldn't be anything offensive.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I watched what dr wolf said on it he talked about how the videos were unlisted? But ye um interesting hahhaa some kind of comedy I guess. Like they seem to switch from one thing to another very quickly, maybe it's just the trailer but it makes my eyes hurt lol. Everything sooo dramatic. 

Edited by flurry

trailer: whatever it tries to show

me: EqE4vfd.png

trailer: PONY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!

me:

yGr347f.gif

trailer: okay i'll hide then *is unlisted*

Mmm I don't know, the trailer is too silly, too chaotic and isn't intriguing in any way. The style... is not so appealing tbh, the characters look odd, are hardly adorable or whatever.

oFAYIeb.png real sp00py :P 

FiM had that magic, this .... :mlp_icwudt: .... doesn't have :mlp_maud: ; Everything feels so rushed, so forced, so messy.

I guess this just focuses on the actual target audience - just a wanky energetic show for little kids. I'll still give it a go to see what it really is about, but if it will be like the trailer, I'm abandoning the ship. I don't want to ruin the impression I have on FiM. :darling:

Hard pass. The moment I saw animation changes I knew what's up ahead and was confirmed in my worries.

Overly simplified animations, designs and backgrounds literally mean attempts to cut down on costs all the while trying to sell the "same thing". FiM had some substance to it, this seems to aim at slapstick and overused jokes and tropes I guess.

And they changed Rarity's cutie mark, I hate them now. Plus,is it just me or is she mainly depicted as helpless useless sidekick character in trailer :x ?

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Pony Life doesn't look too bad, IMO. I'm also relieved that they kept the original voice actors. :kindness:

I am also playing the devil's advocate here in saying I do not find this too bad from the trailer. I actually chuckled at the joke with Celestia and the seemingly self-aware joke at the end. Glad this trailer at least gave us a better overview of the show than "FEELING GOOD AS HELL!". :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I am also playing the devil's advocate here in saying I do not find this too bad from the trailer. I actually chuckled at the joke with Celestia and the seemingly self-aware joke at the end. Glad this trailer at least gave us a better overview of the show than "FEELING GOOD AS HELL!". :ButtercupLaugh:

Hasbro's never gonna live down using "Good As Hell" for the first Pony Life trailer.

• Brohoof 1

I will just watch the first episode and see how it "feels". I will lose a few minutes of my life, but then not bother with it ever again. It's not the first time they create (imo) odd content. You have to keep your workers busy after all. :D

(edited)

The theme for the trailer is still not right but a little better than "Felling Good as Hell". I'll watch few episodes and see but it's trying to be like other shows that has Teen Titans Go in it. They change Rarity's cutie mark. :glimmer: I knew it will happen like this because during FiM, we said: "After FiM is over, you will never see a good MLP show like this. They will probably go back to G3 style". They did kept the same voice actors. The ponies do look cute. But the show itself...Idk. It doesn't appeal to me. It's like the show suck out magic of friendship.

3fca139d2c7a1f5260215bf9c1d0552f.png

I rather watch this instead because they look so adorable in clay. :wub:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Cl0udChaser

I don't care much about where this is heading at, I still think the design and concept is adorable. It's like watching the chibi version of mlp :kirin:.  I can't wait to start watching mlp again. 

Goodness! So, I've been a member of this forum since the early days, but since I haven't participated in any discussions for a good while, I wanted to make a fresh account, so excuse me if I look like a new face.

Anyway, It's always super cool seeing people talk about a project that I had the privilege of working on... even if it's not all good feedback, haha! :ButtercupLaugh:Just wanna say, it was a pretty unique ride for various reasons (thanks Covid) and I was totally blown away by how everyone worked to get this through the ball park so smoothly given all the challenges. 

Honestly, It's a fun little show! But I also totally understand why it might not appeal to everyone as it's not quite the same as FiM, and that's fine, we're all entitled to our opinions! It's cool knowing FiM will always be there to go back to.  
(I got a few chuckles out of it, anyway.)  :P 

The original purpose of this post was to answer one or two questions about the show and the animation style itself, but I decided to delete what I wrote just in case I accidentally say something I shouldn't without meaning to. 

We should be thankful/grateful that the principal voice cast has come back as Hasbro could've had other voice artists handle the job instead. Also, we knew what we were going to be getting (Despite them waiting until now to start churning out trailers) from this since this is the direction Hasbro wanted to take. This was never meant to be on the same level as what Friendship is Magic was and instead be its own thing which could make fun of modern conveniences and whatever else you can think of without needing anything serious. How long will it go on for? Hopefully a couple of years but that will depend on whether the toy line is successful or not.