Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Name tags

Dreambiscuit

Do you work at a job or frequent any other area of interest that requires you to wear a name tag? Does it bear your first name only or the whole thing? Does it have your picture on it or any other information? Do you wear it pinned to your clothing or do you wear it like a lanyard? Please feel free to show your name tags here, but blur out any personal information like last names, photos (optional) or anything you wish to keep private!  

I do technically have a badge, but I don't work with the public. The only other people I see at work are coworkers, so I don't have to wear it. We just use them to gain access to different areas of the complex.

My work doesn’t require us to wear name tags. However, our names our sewn onto our uniforms.

Not working at the moment. My last couple of jobs had a name badge :P . Last one had a photo ID (it's in the forums somewhere :toldya:) , the one before just had me listed at a Team Member and my name :wacko: .

This makes me think of Spongebob and the time he lost his identity :P .

Edited by WWolf

Never. I don't need a picture to show what I look like, my face does a good job at that already.

I do want a name tag that says "Joel", because it in not my name.

• Brohoof 1

I wear a uniform, and my uniform has my last name sewn on the front right pocket. My patrol cap also has my name sewn on the back.

Aside from that, certain details that I work require me to have an identification card in full view all the time. I generally prefer lanyards over clipped cards, mostly because I'm used to wearing one. Back when I was going to college I had to wear one with my ID card.

Never had to wear one. Granted I've never worked at a "job" so of course I've not been in many situations that would require them. I would like to wear one of those "Hello my name is" tags and it would just say "My name is Nope." 

• Brohoof 1

I am required to wear a nametag at all times, whether I’m in front of the public or behind the scenes. But until this past year or so I wasn’t able to wear my nametag at all because it would have been inappropriate for the specific job I was doing. Now I wear it full time and have a little five year pin attached to it. It displays my first name and where I’m from, which used to be Las Vegas, but I changed that more recently to Anaheim to reflect what I now consider my true home. 

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Splashee® said:

I do want a name tag that says "Joel", because it in not my name.

I'll change that to "Jared". Any "J" name on a name tag looks great. How about "Jeric"? Sounds bossy!

The closest thing I had to any kind of name tag was a Securitas ID card. Technically I was only meant to be a cashier, but I was "conscripted" to help out with the security check of the counting house facility some mornings. Patroling to check for any break ins and stuff before opening the facility up for work for the day. A case of "send in the canaries to make sure it's safe to enter" now that I look back on it in hindsight... :confused:

On 8/18/2020 at 12:48 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

However, our names our sewn onto our uniforms.

Whoa I think that's pretty fancy :grin:

My name tag is just a laminated badge with a clip that has my name on it, nothing fancy. I don't wear it very often though because I work outside most of the time and when your outside you don't have to wear your name tag, so I usually don't :P

My workplace had a cheap plastic piece of garbage they called a "nametag". They got tired of ordering people customized tags, so we just got blank nametags with label maker tape stuck on it :/

I resorted to using a made up name, since the people in my area were... not the most upstanding citizens /:

• Brohoof 1