Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which characters from FiM would you like to see reappear in G5?

eddeams

Although it's been confirmed that G5 MLP will have a new cast of characters, which G4 characters would you like to see in the next generation of MLP? Let's go for supporting and background characters since the statement most likely refers to the main cast of ponies. You can have your reasons, such as believing certain characters in FiM weren't fleshed out or handled well enough and that a new continuity could be used to utilize them to their full potential.

Edited by eddeams
  • Brohoof 2

Whichever ones would actually fit the world they're going for (can't really know that in advance), and not feel like some act of half-assed fanservice.

I might also be open to the occasional crossover involving G4's A-list ponies and interdimensional travel a la Equestria Girls, provided that it's for a plot that uses them intelligently.

• Brohoof 2

Tirek, King Sombra, Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Queen Chrysalis, and Daybreaker. I want them to be re-imagined in a way but still the same you know? I want Celestia to have turned into Daybreaker and been banished into the sun instead of Luna into the moon.

• Brohoof 2

I'm kind of torn on whether it would be worthwhile to have some version of Discord in G5 - theoretically he could be fun to have around, but his presence would also carry a strong potential to deteriorate into mindless fanservice.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, eddeams said:

Although it's been confirmed that G5 MLP will have a new cast of characters, which G4 characters would you like to see in the next generation of MLP? Let's go for supporting and background characters since the statement most likely refers to the main cast of ponies. You can have your reasons, such as believing certain characters in FiM weren't fleshed out or handled well enough and that a new continuity could be used to utilize them to their full potential.

I would like to either see Babs Seed as a pegasus, Diamond Tiara as a Unicorn, Lyra as a pegasus, or Derpy as a Earth Pony :)

I personally would love to see cloudchaser again, and if they bring back any from older generations, I'd really love to see minty! I'm a bit thrown off by the fact they said "computer animated" for the movie... most animation is done on computers nowadays. Can't tell whether they mean 2d like the fim movie or CG? I'd prefer if it weren't cg :mlp_wat:

• Brohoof 1

I hold my memories of G4 dearly, and while it'd be fun to see my favourite ponies again in a new world, I'd honestly love to see a completely new cast! There's certainly a lot more risk there, but a great opportunity for new faces for us to grow attached to, and to follow on their own journeys, and to root for as they develop. :toldya:

That said, I'd be excited to see Octavia if they actually do bring any background ponies back!

I would love to see some some of the interesting background ponies and one off characters featured in G5. Maybe not even as main characters, but rather secondary/side ones who appear every now and then to play a role in a certain episode (kinda like what the CMC, Big Mac, Discord, and Trixie were).

For example, background characters like Cloudchaser and Flitter both have lots of potential. I think these two could be easily turned into fun side characters that interact with the main characters. Or maybe G5 could have a fun brother dynamic between Thunderlane and Rumble. An example of some great one-off FIM characters who would make good side characters would be Vapor Trail and Sky Stinger. Just in one episode these two were given such great characterization. Imagine if they had multiple episodes to develop their personalities in. Then there are the Rainbow Roadtrip characters. While the special itself was pretty lackluster, the characters were great. They would be fun additions to the fifth generation of MLP.

So as you can see, there are plenty of characters who I want in G5. Now what would be funny is if the mane six all became background characters in G5. It would be quite the switch-up. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...