Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which characters from FiM would you like to see reappear in G5?

eddeams

On 11/6/2020 at 2:43 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

None.  FIM was ended well.  Just leave something alone for once.  I only want to see a completely new world with new characters.

I would prefer this.

But if we HAVE to have cameos, I’d of course root for Princess Celestia. Ahuizotl too, but that’s about as likely as me spontaneously sprouting wings.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/6/2020 at 2:43 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

None.  FIM was ended well.  Just leave something alone for once.  I only want to see a completely new world with new characters.

What he said :D

Though in the case they do bring back background characters and stuff for G5, then I would like to see Spitfire, the Princesses, and Lightning Dust :ooh:  

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

I would prefer this.

But if we HAVE to have cameos, I’d of course root for Princess Celestia. Ahuizotl too, but that’s about as likely as me spontaneously sprouting wings.

Celestia seems like a likely candidate if they ever do a time travel story. Seeing Ahuizotl's brother "Archiezotl" would be cool, too. :nom:

• 1 month later...

Here is the characters I would put in G5, I would have most redesigned or replaced by new characters.

I would keep the mane 6, but I would have Braeburn replace Applejack. Why not have a hot cowboy part of the team? That would definitely sell toys for sure. Have him be the male mane 6 member. 

Celestia / Luna -

Would take upon similar roles as they do in the show but I would have Celestia be the onethat went evil and turn into Daybreaker/Nightmare Star and being sent to the sun. While Princess Luna would rule equestria, the elements of harmony would defeat Daybreaker as the first villain in the show however I would plan that arch out over an entire season, focusing on a season where Daybreaker succeeds and takes over Equestria, and the heroes have to stop her and hide from Daybreaker's guards, the Sunbolts or Flarebolts.

Maud Pie -

I obviously like Maud Pie so I would like her to return and be featured more prominently.

Starlight -

I would have Starlight return in G5. However if G5 is intended to be an entirely new universe, I would have her be discovered earlier on in the show, ruling the town of no cutie marks. I would make her more menacing and powerful, being the one to steal the alicorn amulet instead of Trixie and having a more violent and depressing past that explains why she is as she is, however I wouldn't reform her until later in the show.

Trixie - 

Would more or less be the same pony as she was in the show, however her backstory is different. She is a former student of Princess Luna, she wasn't one to make friends and eventually left Luna's side in order to pursue stage magic. She is a little more villainous, seeing Twilight taking her place by Luna's side. Eventually she finds an artifact similar to the alicorn amulet but having different powers and is defeated by Twilight.

Moon Dancer - 

Would keep her more or less the same but her friendship with Twilight would be more developed.

King Sombra - 

I would have King Sombra brought back as the Spirit of Darkness and shadows. A dark tyrant from the past he is freed from his stone prison at some point by Grogar, and wreaks havoc across the land and wanting to retake his throne, he was once the ancient ruler of Equestria and went mad with his power.

Queen Chrysalis - 

Would keep Chrysalis and changelings as is, never have them reformed. If they are reformed, their holes are simply filled in. 

Sunset Shimmer - 

Stays in Equestria and during Daybreaker's reign over Equestria, she is taken under Daybreaker's wing to keep up the fight after Daybreaker is defeated. A failsafe to preserve some of Daybreaker's magic and ideals should Daybreaker get defeated, same personality.

Lord Tirek -

Tirek would be a more relatable villain with his history being shown in the show. He would basically be the same, but smarter and more menacing. He is eventually reformed and he returns home and sets things right with his father.

Discord -

Discord, is a lovely character. I may not have him reformed but, I'd like him to stay in some capacity. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

I'm calling it right now: In the post credits scene of G5 movie, Spike will reappear as a adult dragon.

I'd love this movie to have a post-credits scene of anything at this point - even if it's Spike, one of the princesses, or even a G4 villain. Because right now after the movie airs on 9/24 we pretty much have to wait an entire year for the series to premiere in Fall of 2022. o_o So any kind of tease would be welcome, lol.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Truffles said:

I'd love this movie to have a post-credits scene of anything at this point - even if it's Spike, one of the princesses, or even a G4 villain. Because right now after the movie airs on 9/24 we pretty much have to wait an entire year for the series to premiere in Fall of 2022. o_o So any kind of tease would be welcome, lol.

We get a whole special in spring 2022 + Hasbro won't just let the brand hibernate for 6 months before and after that so we can expect something, whether it's tiny webisodes on YouTube or (hopefully) something from IDW.

Calling it now: there will be a mid-credit gag, probably involving the flying pomeranian. The special has much higher chances of actually having a post-credit scene setting something up plotwise.

Edited by TransPirate
  • Brohoof 1

Personally none. Want to stay as far from references/bringing back characters as much as possible. Make the show stand on it's own rather than lean on callbacks/pandering. 

2 hours ago, TransPirate said:

We get a whole special in spring 2022 + Hasbro won't just let the brand hibernate for 6 months before and after that so we can expect something, whether it's tiny webisodes on YouTube or (hopefully) something from IDW.

I didn't hear that. That's great news! I was expecting to just sit and re-analyze the movie for 12 months, if possible. XD

Personally, I would REALLY love to see Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Chrysalis return. They've been stuck in stone for YEAAARRS by now and I kind of want to see how they would react to the new generation. Maybe get the Mane 5 to reform them somehow since we're clearly lacking Alicorns in this generation to turn them back to stone, it would also be funny to watch the Mean 3 adjust to the current times.

• Brohoof 1

I predictably would like to see King Sombra come back. It's most likely that the villains will return out of all the characters due to them not being affected by the time gap. Also, laziness. Much easier to reuse villains they already have than to write new ones. Not saying I want laziness though and I would want them to do something original with the villains if they were to bring them back. 

• Brohoof 2

I think the only one from student 6 who could still be alive is Smolder but yeah would be nice to see hippogriffs or any non-ponies really, doesn't seem like there will be any in the ANG tho

Edited by TransPirate

39 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Honestly, none of them.  I'd rather they put all of their effort into making something new and original, rather than rehashing the past.

Now, that I can agree on.

I would like to see an episode where the Mane 5 go back in time, and they all turn into Flash style animation and meet the G4 ponies. :squee: So basically, all of them (even bacon mane please!)

• Brohoof 2