Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Please Don't Bury G4

Justin_Case001

I've been a little worried about something for awhile.  So, regular readers of my blog will know that I'm not too keen on G5 for reasons that I won't rehash here.  However, I realize that the MLPF wouldn't and couldn't survive or thrive if they just boycotted or ignored G5.  That's ridiculous, and I wouldn't ask it.  I'm not out to dampen anyone else's enjoyment of G5, and I wouldn't want the forums to become a forgotten anachronism.  I fully expect the forums to grow and evolve to keep up with the times (however much I might personally bemoan it).

That said, I humbly request to the staff that you do not completely bury G4 until we have to go to a dank, musty, basement archive twenty clicks deep before we see Twilight's face.  Please don't replace everything on the forums with G5.  I'm talking about things like the background, the emotes, the reactions, etc.  At least make it a 50/50 balance.  Add G5, but don't take away the G4 emotes and reactions.  Don't push aside, archive, and bury every trace of what brought us all together in the first place.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 6

I agree but I don't worry personnally ^^' Even if the G5 movie was cool, he exists because of G4, before Gen1-3 was just "stand alone" we'll say but they not just create a new generation but a sequel, and a good sequel, didn't think it was possible in 2021 ;w;

I just want to tell if MLP have this iconic status, it's because of G4 ^^' I think staff know that :c

Even if yesterday I saw the video of ForgaLorga and make me sad ;w;

I am not particularly worried G5 will replace G4 here.

The actual generations are linked to the pony toys, and not to any show (especially the G2 pony toys, they don't have a show). G5 only got one movie so far, and it clearly referenced the G4 ponies a lot (showing support for the G4 toy line). With 9 seasons, a movie, and two specials, and Equestria Girls, and Pony Life, I don't feel worried it will just be buried or disappear from this forum.

5 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

archive twenty clicks deep before we see Twilight's face.

You just have to watch 30 seconds into the G5 movie to see Twilight's face. Not even G5 could hide her. I don't think we can either.

Spoiler

Also, just for fun, FIM is trending on Netflix right now. It is still popular somehow :yay: Yay!
trendingN.png.6bdcb43c599ca160403a525ff4866e40.png

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Splashee said:

I am not particularly worried G5 will replace G4 here.

The actual generations are linked to the pony toys, and not to any show (especially the G2 pony toys, they don't have a show). G5 only got one movie so far, and it clearly referenced the G4 ponies a lot (showing support for the G4 toy line). With 9 seasons, a movie, and two specials, and Equestria Girls, and Pony Life, I don't feel worried it will just be buried or disappear from this forum.

You just have to watch 30 seconds into the G5 movie to see Twilight's face. Not even G5 could hide her. I don't think we can either.

Hide contents

Also, just for fun, FIM is trending on Netflix right now. It is still popular somehow :yay: Yay!
trendingN.png.6bdcb43c599ca160403a525ff4866e40.png

They could at least put back all pastel human movies and the final season tho :dry:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-10-12 at 7:06 AM, Steve Piranha said:

They could at least put back all pastel human movies and the final season tho :dry:

That's out of our control, sadly.

On 2021-10-11 at 10:06 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah it's strange the first equestria girls movie has been missing from Netflix for a long time and for some reason the final season of FiM has been on Hulu

2 hours ago, Will Gazzzze said:

Yeah it's strange the first equestria girls movie has been missing from Netflix for a long time and for some reason the final season of FiM has been on Hulu

And Horse Life I think :huh:. Still, makes little sense for them to not be on Netflix since Hasbro clearly trust it the most :dash:

I have no intention on burying G4. Even if G5 becomes as popular as FiM, G4 will always be a significant part of the Brony experience here as far as what we use in terms of ponification elements on MLPF. As far as topics and images and such … 

That is all on this community to keep it alive. 

• Brohoof 4

22 hours ago, Jeric said:

I have no intention on burying G4. Even if G5 becomes as popular as FiM, G4 will always be a significant part of the Brony experience here as far as what we use in terms of ponification elements on MLPF. As far as topics and images and such … 

That is all on this community to keep it alive. 

yes so brain wash your children with gen 4 now! make babies and spread the sunny vibes! then we will achieve world peace;!! AND FINALLY WE BRONIES CAN RULE THE WORLD AND RENAME IT EQUESTRIA!!! THEN WHEN THE TECH IS RIGHT WE CAN TURN ALL HUMANS BEINGS INTO PONIES!!! THEN WE CHOOSE OUR LEADERS AND IMPLANT THEM WITH ALICORN DNA!!!!.......:Cozy:

:)....

my plan is brilliant.:derp:

• 2 months later...

Hopefully the original Brony legacy will live on for a long time, but we don't know about the way in which the fandom will change in the coming years. Also, I don't mean G5 by this, in fact, I'm looking forward to watch it (haven't done it yet).

• 3 weeks later...