Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 of My Little Pony is Getting a Video Game!

Misty Shadow

It's likely not going to just be for phones either, "Multi Platform" implies that it will also be on consoles. :squee:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/01/new-g5-my-little-pony-video-game-listed.html

Even though I would feel bad for G4 getting snubbed in the video game department, never getting a "real game" despite it being the most popular and iconic generation of pony, G5 getting a "real game" would most certainly be a win for the franchise. I not only approve, I would also play the game in a heartbeat. :kirin:

• Brohoof 3

Hopefully, is a game that’s worth my time. And also I’m not losing hope for a G4 one, considering they aren’t done with FIM in the merchandise, and the presumed tie ins :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

Finally getting a console game is great though I’m incredibly annoyed that the moment G4 ends they immediately gave the next generation a real game after G4 got snubbed the whole time.

Given the publisher though it’ll likely be cheap shovelware but they made Transformers Battlegrounds which I thought was alright so who knows 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 4

Hopefully it will be for PlayStation 5 :mlp_icwudt: Get it...? G5? PS5?

I wonder if they will do a 3D game using the real 3D models, and the 3D models will get extracted, and...? Yea. That is quite an interesting idea :raritysillyhat: What stops anyone from making "real" G5 content if the real 3D models are leaked? Keep an eye on this. This is what 3D is good for.

• Brohoof 1

My expectations are minimal. I'm guessing it'll be very basic, one of those forgettable licensed games that has nothing to offer in terms of fun for players who aren't preteens. So there's a very good chance I won't be buying it. But maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Brohoof 1

Don't get your hopes up guys. This will probably be a cheap licenced game like the Gen 3 ones that came out on the GBA and DS. However, if this does end up being good, then yes, that would be an amazing thing to see.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Cash_In said:

Don't get your hopes up guys. This will probably be a cheap licenced game like the Gen 3 ones that came out on the GBA and DS. However, if this does end up being good, then yes, that would be an amazing thing to see.

I wanna get excited but most of the good games come out of the fandom itself rather than Hasbro in my opinion. If it turns out good then great, but I have a feeling that Hasbro or whoever is gonna work on it is gonna butcher the heck out of it. :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Megas said:

Oof lol 

Also looks like it’ll be a collectathon, which is perfect for me 

Seems pretty basic, easy, and short game. Fine for kids, but there are much better games for that audience. Pretty sure I’ll skip

• Brohoof 1

A cheap and simple game is what I expect, but cheap and simple games can be fun. I'll probably have a good time plowing through it after I get it as a way to support the franchise. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Megas said:

Oof lol 

Also looks like it’ll be a collectathon, which is perfect for me 

Judging by the screenshots this MLP Gen 5 game looks really good for a first try. :wau:

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Judging by the screenshots this MLP Gen 5 game looks really good for a first try. :wau:

For sure, games based off of cartoon shows are usually short and sweet too, so I don't see what there is to be disappointed by. 

• Brohoof 3