Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 so far

CastletonSnob

Uh, Its alright i guess. The movie was a great introduction and the shorts were better than expected.The special was a little lackluster and lacked substance but it shows they have a plan going with the show forward. The comics and game seem promising

• Brohoof 2

It's quite a bit early to say that it's a worthy successor or not, BUT I think it's heading in the right direction! Just need more of MyM and the comics; as well as slice of life variety from TyT to really judge it fairly.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Considering G5 is the successor of G4, I think it is likely that it will continue to feel lackluster, but hopefully it will be enjoyable like G1 and My Little Pony Tales are.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

Nope, still too early to make a judgment call. We are still shy of only one hour's worth of content from Tell Your Tale, only have one pilot special from Make Your Mark, and only one issue of the comics has been released at the moment. 

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

No, I’ve given up on it now because all it ever does is let me down. It’s just too impossible to replace G4.

Same for me.

I also plan to stop trying to be the fan I used to be, as it's only causing me pain and indecision.

I wish you luck, my fellow bronies.

(edited)

G5 might not be off to a great start, but let's not pretend FiM was some 10/10 masterpiece or the best show ever.

I know that's considered sacrilege, but it's the truth.

Edited by CastletonSnob
  • Brohoof 2

It's not worth being associated with G4. It is far too late to fix all the decisions Hasbro did for this. It is actually far too late to fix the end of FIM as well (such as School of Friendship and Equestria Girls). It is not really about G4 or G5, but rather, the Brony fandom has not been fed the nutrition they need to keep going strong in this modern internet world.

It's what it is, a 3D movie that took too long to produce. And if it had kept the VAs for the rest of the G5's shows, then it would have been something people could relate to, similar to other franchises where fans have had a connection to characters through their real life counterparts.

With MYM forcing us to know exactly what happened in the movie + TYT (which didn't do a good job at all), all we can do is wait for something extraordinary that would become the talking point for fans. An example would be Zipp becoming the main character, and started dating Hitch.

I still say, we will have to wait and see. One episode of MYM is not going to tell us if it is good or not.

• Brohoof 1

Way too early to tell. Make Your Mark only had one special so far and still have eight episodes to air. Tell Your Tale’s much more frequent, and it looks like it’s beginning to hit their groove.

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, CastletonSnob said:

I do like how the G5 movie, shorts, comic, special, game and upcoming series are all connected, unlike G4, where the show and comics rarely had much to do with each other.

G4 made the mistake of not having the Comics in the show. The show really lacked without it, but there was a lot of the comics I didn't like. G5 needs to stand on it's own, without connections to G4.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

No, I’ve given up on it now because all it ever does is let me down. It’s just too impossible to replace G4.

When you put something like generation 4 too high up on a pedestal, the successor going to let you down no matter what happens.

This is why I'm more of a "take it as it is like a roller coaster and enjoy the ups and downs of the ride" kind of viewer

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

I do like how the G5 movie, shorts, comic, special, game and upcoming series are all connected, unlike G4, where the show and comics rarely had much to do with each other.

I hope they bring up what happens in the game because it's a plot point that hasn't been revisited yet on any of the post-movie shows. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

When you put something like generation 4 too high up on a pedestal the successor going to let you down no matter what happens

FiM was a great show, but let's not pretend it was some 10/10 masterpiece or the best cartoon ever.

I don't think it'll ever too G4 but at the same time, I'm happy about what G5 is, which is really just something pleasant to pass the time with. I don't have to feel bad about being late to something like I do with FNAF or G4 since the G5 lore isn't hooking me enough to where I'm thinking about it constantly. I think the G5 characters are quite lovable and cute but based on the quality we've gotten from everything so far, it is good, but not great. Nothing wrong with good, though. We can always hope for great, but sadly I don't think the dev team is planning to up their budget anytime soon (unless they surprise us!).

• Brohoof 2

Too early to say because we've only been given a small taste of what G5 has to offer. Maybe wait until the new show proper has completed its first season or set of episodes and then a more favourable comparison can be made.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
19 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I don't think it'll ever too G4 but at the same time, I'm happy about what G5 is, which is really just something pleasant to pass the time with.

People didn't think Friendship is Magic would be anything special either & it became one of the most popular animated shows of the past decade. :)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

This new generation is off to a great start in my opinion. The movie was fantastic, TYT is so much fun to watch, MYM was pretty magical and the video game was short but sweet too.

G4 is still fantastic too, but you cannot deny that G5 is heading in the right direction too. The New 5 are all wonderful new ponies to admire, the songs are catchy and memorable and the new Equestria will be even more awesome.

• Brohoof 3