Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you cry?

Akemi Homura

(edited)

I cried at the end of the game Kameo when the main character's sister is just brought to her senses she so suddenly sacrifices herself to save the world. :.(

Edited by Ecnolancer

I find myself not crying as much as I used to when I was younger. The last time I cried was when I read My Little Dashie, and that was about 3 weeks ago. Well, wait. The last time someone MADE me cry was...3 months ago? I think. Something like that. For some odd reason, my 7th grade year made me, well, a bit more mature and I can control my feelings a bit better, or something. :l

I don't know. All I know is that by the 6th grade, nothing moved me at all. When my pets died I didn't feel anything. When my grand father died, I felt nothing at all. I haven't cried since then. On our wall at home, 6th grade is the year I stopped smiling in photos. Three days ago, my AP Psychology class took 20 minutes to talk about how they have never seen me change expression. I had a straight face all throughout a fight I had last Monday and I had a straight face during the entire graduation ceremony while everyone else was going crazy. I am super negative and cynical. If you see my posts around, you'll notice that a lot of them are a bit blunt. According to my doctor, I've had depression for the longest he's ever seen. I refused medication for my depression because I don't mind being negative and cynical.

What can I say, nothing effects me. I just don't get excited, I don't get sad and I don't relate well.

I'm also Asexual.

Your situation is rather unique, then. I'm surprised a person like you would even like My Little Pony, let alone put up an avatar of Rarity acting silly.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Your situation is rather unique, then. I'm surprised a person like you would even like My Little Pony, let alone put up an avatar of Rarity acting silly.

On the contrary. If someone like me, who hasn't been interested in anything in a long time, suddenly finds something interesting, wouldn't it make sense for that person to cling to it?

Anyways, I still laugh occasionally, it's just sad things that I have trouble relating to although ponies have helped me become less apathetic.

As for the avatar, it's hypnotic and whimsical lol.

i do all the time because im really sensitive. i cry when i'm the slightest bit angry. if you wanna judge me for it be my guest.

Judge you for utilizing a human function? I pity those people who do judge you for it. I would say it's a sign that your a better person. I seriously felt defective when I didn't have any urge to cry for the death of my grand father. You have something I don't. Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 2

Anyways, I still laugh occasionally, it's just sad things that I have trouble relating to although ponies have helped me become less apathetic.

Bronydom will save us yet! ;)

• Brohoof 2

I don't know. All I know is that by the 6th grade, nothing moved me at all. When my pets died I didn't feel anything. When my grand father died, I felt nothing at all. I haven't cried since then. On our wall at home, 6th grade is the year I stopped smiling in photos. Three days ago, my AP Psychology class took 20 minutes to talk about how they have never seen me change expression. I had a straight face all throughout a fight I had last Monday and I had a straight face during the entire graduation ceremony while everyone else was going crazy. I am super negative and cynical. If you see my posts around, you'll notice that a lot of them are a bit blunt. According to my doctor, I've had depression for the longest he's ever seen. I refused medication for my depression because I don't mind being negative and cynical.

What can I say, nothing effects me. I just don't get excited, I don't get sad and I don't relate well.

I'm also Asexual.

I was depressed fairly constantly between 2002 and 2011. I stopped being depressed once I got a job. I started being consistently happy when I discovered MLP:FiM. I think it just comes down to the thoughts you think and the people you are around.

I'm seeing more and more about asexuals these days. A lot of people seem to think it's evidence of perversion or emotional damage, but I think it's legit.

I cried once 9 years ago. Before that, I don't remember.

Still, that's 9 years of no crying. At all.

Now, first off, it takes a hell of a lot to make me sad. When my grandparents died (both on my dads side) I barely felt anything. Probably because we weren't very close, but also because, like I said, it takes a lot. I honestly felt sadder when my cat died. We got a kitten a few months later, and I loved playing with him, but one day he got mauled by something (we think it was a dog, but we're not sure), and I didn't really feel anything. It traumatized my 10 year old sister, who found his mangled body while playing outside (I happened to be in chat on this site at the time, I remember it clearly).

Also, when I do get really sad, I go into a state of extreme apathy. I just stop givig a fuck about everything. Video games, homework, reading, even eating. I just sit around all day, sleep, ocassionally shove a sandwich down my throat. A few times, I've been so apathetic that I couldn't be bothered to ear for three days. I just took some pills to stop the stomach pain every 6 hours or so.

And then she came back and I was totally fine. It was like it didn't even happen.

Closest I've been to crying in recent years was during the ending of Toy Story 3. I kinda wish I could cry, but like I said, I just don't seem to be able to cry anymore :/

(edited)

I can't remember the last time I really full-out cried at anything; possibly at my friend's funeral a couple years ago. I can think of times I've choked up a bit or let a few tears out, usually from really sad parts of really good shows or movies.

Edited by ErBoi

I was depressed fairly constantly between 2002 and 2011. I stopped being depressed once I got a job. I started being consistently happy when I discovered MLP:FiM. I think it just comes down to the thoughts you think and the people you are around.

I'm seeing more and more about asexuals these days. A lot of people seem to think it's evidence of perversion or emotional damage, but I think it's legit.

I've had my "dream" job for about two years now and I am, generally speaking, way ahead of my peers in that aspect. The people around me are all extremely positive and my environment is perfectly healthy. My doctor says he doesn't know how I became this way. My brain chemistry just changed this way. I refused the medication because I have no desire to change.

I think it's about as legit as homosexuality and bisexuality. I also think it's about as defective as both of those as well. It's unfortunate I think.

I've had my "dream" job for about two years now and I am, generally speaking, way ahead of my peers in that aspect. The people around me are all extremely positive and my environment is perfectly healthy. My doctor says he doesn't know how I became this way. My brain chemistry just changed this way. I refused the medication because I have no desire to change.

I think it's about as legit as homosexuality and bisexuality. I also think it's about as defective as both of those as well. It's unfortunate I think.

If you like being depressed and cynical so much, are you really depressed and cynical?

I'm not jesting as much as I might seem.

I remembered sort of loving being angry, depressed, and dark. It's not really the same as suffering. There's something pleasurable about it in a weird way.

If you like being depressed and cynical so much, are you really depressed and cynical?

I'm not jesting as much as I might seem.

I remembered sort of loving being angry, depressed, and dark. It's not really the same as suffering. There's something pleasurable about it in a weird way.

It's a fair question. I've asked it not to long ago.

I do however, exhibit a lot of the symptoms and characteristics of depression including: very low moods, feelings of worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness, self-hatred, poor concentration and memory, withdrawal from social situations and activities, reduced sex drive, and thoughts of death or suicide, lethargy, very mild insomnia and loss of motivation.

It's a fair question. I've asked it not to long ago.

I do however, exhibit a lot of the symptoms and characteristics of depression including: very low moods, feelings of worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness, self-hatred, poor concentration and memory, withdrawal from social situations and activities, reduced sex drive, and thoughts of death or suicide, lethargy, very mild insomnia and loss of motivation.

That sounds a lot like life.

At least you'd not pinned down by this stuff so much; you're able to learn to code and succeed.

I'm sure you get this all the time, but I can't get enough of that gif.

I'd use one along the same lines, but this is my pic everywhere and I don't want to change it.

That sounds a lot like life.

We will just have to see I guess then eh?

I'm sure you get this all the time, but I can't get enough of that gif.

Yah it's so hypnotic @u@
  • Brohoof 1

Almost never. While I'm a highly strung person who has a serious and slightly depressed expression on my face most of the time, it is actually easier to make me smile and laugh than it is to make me cry. Although, and this is very random, I get tears flowing at random scenes in movies probably like, um, once or twice a year?. And those scenes weren't even particularly touching or sad. Just random.

I haven't bawled in a while, but if something gets to me, or I get depressed (which can happen quite a bit), I cry. Yesterday, our family had an argument, and I started it, which got me really depressed, and it made me think that if I was dead, our family would be much more better (I'm not going into anymore detail, I'm saying better off for a variety of reasons.) which made me cry, and depressed as hell.

i'm a bit of a oddball case. i don't cry that often over obviously sad things happening; i tend to be a kind of apathetic and understanding pillar to lean onto in such situations.

however, i still feel rather fragile. since i am rather gullible a person, and not very strong, it's easy to take advantage of that, unbeknown if you actually want to do that to me or not.

i can easily snap at small things and become extremely distressed and sad, and overthink them. just yesterday, we had a silly RPish thing not to be taken seriously in the chat. but it made me seriously uncomfortable. i didn't tell anyone until i said that i'm gonna get off Skype for a while, and then i told them it made me uncomfortable and distressed.

i cried the night of the day i lost my wallet. i cried when i had no idea what to do on the mathtest a few months ago. i was sad when i decided to not get into a silly argument and decided to just leave it as-is when i could just have provided my rebuttal in the situation. i cried at the end of a school-day that was absolutely horrible. yet i shed no tears at all over things such as My Little Dashie, the ending of season 2, or hell, even when my motherfucking grandmother passed away last autumn.

i dunno what this makes me as, if i am emotionally turbulent or just overthink on small things in my life. at either way, i'm afraid to cry openly because i don't want to draw attention, hence i don't do that until i am really alone and can do that without anyone noticing. i envy the people who can let out their emotions like that when they need to do so. it's something i need to learn how to do, as well. until then, i'll continue to live on with my life as the way i am.

I try not to that much. Not for my sake, but because I don't want to make other people feel sad because of my problems.

So if I ever do cry it's on my own.

I tend not to though because I'm an optimist so I try not to let anything depress me. (Again, this is partially because I don't feel right acting all depressed around others as it may affect their mood as well.)

I did cry a little at my little dashie, but not as much as I would have expected after seeing all the hype over it.

I just try to deal with my problems and fears on my own, and only ask for help when there is no other option. (That's just me being stubborn though.)