Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E19 - Lost in Translation

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Lost in Translation
Release Date: July 21, 2022
Written By: Tom Gidman
Synopsis: Hitch tries to settle a dispute between animals.

• Brohoof 2

Finally got a Hitch episode! I thought this one was pretty adorable with the critters fighting and the accents they had were funny too.

That song in the episode was great too!

Another awesome episode as usual!

• Brohoof 4

Finally a Hitch episode!! And a very adorable one at that!

The song was also really good as well.

Overall just thought it was extremely adorable with all the critters fighting and stuff.

• Brohoof 4

I thought this was a fun one.  I enjoyed seeing that Hitch's ability to speak to animals is going to be something explored further in the future with both this series and Make Your Mark.   And overall seeing Hitch struggle to get the animals to contain themselves was fairly entertaining.  Plus we got ourselves the first Hitch solo song, so that's a win in my book.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Another great episode of TYT! :eager: The Pegasnails are ADORABLE! :pinkie: 

Also, this was the first episode without the entire Mane 5. :wau:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

A good episode! Nothing spectacular, but the animals here seem to be both more civilized yet savage. XD

Still, everything was cute. No complaints!

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

A good episode! Nothing spectacular

Admin translation: NO PIPP MAKES EPISODE LESS INTERESTING! :angry: JK.:P

I kinda wish the non-pony animals in FiM spoke like the animals in TYT do. I'm not really sure what to think about that, TBH. 

Hmmm...I'm mixed on this one, maybe leaning slightly to a thumbs down.  I kind of like that this episode took a different approach by having us actually hear what the animals are saying, but I also kind of like when we don't hear what they're saying and have to piece together what's happening, so I'm kind of on the fence on whether I like it.  With that said, it is something we haven't seen before, and originality in this series is in short supply, so I'll take it.  I guess Hitch was overdue for a cringe musical number, so he finally got one that can join the others in reinforcing just how inferior the current songs are to Ingram's work. 

Of course, here we have another episode where Hitch being his usual, down-to-Equestria self wouldn't have worked for the story, so we got the forced, quirky Hitch instead, which I'm not the biggest fan of.  When the episode does try to incorporate his logical side, it tries to make him go the Twilight Sparkle route, when it's clear that he's a much better Applejack.  It's also clear that he's not nearly on the same level as Fluttershy when it comes to dealing with animals, though I suppose that can be chalked up to him being inexperienced.  I'm ok with Sunny swooping in to suggest the animals talk things out, in a somewhat Twilight Sparkle fashion, because at least she's not being portrayed as Horse Jesus like Hitch was in her Alicorn episode.  The talks seem to reach a very contrived and and abrupt resolution though, likely in service of staying within the allotted runtime.  I mean, they both like the same berries, so they already had something in common.  The whole "wait, you like to bake?" thing just played out way too quickly and conveniently for me.  

So...this is definitely not one of my favourite episodes, though there are worse ones.  It's not Bunny Hop cringe, or turning Hitch into a psycho.  I don't think it's one of the better ones either though, and is definitely not in line with the streak of...I'll say satisfactory ones we have been having lately.  

• Brohoof 2

"Rules and regulations fix everything!" 

HA HA HA HA HA 

No, even if they hadn't gone the route of the rules and regulations not working, I'd still be cracking up. Foal Me Once may be a better Hitch episode, but that was a tough one to top. Three of the members of the main cast being absent for once felt weird, but I'm sure they're glad to be left out of being taught firsthand that some animals are jerks. I enjoyed finally seeing the non-pony animals talk and Hitch finally getting his own song. First a weirdly good song about trash, then a weirdly good song about rules, wonderful. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad there was a Hitch-focused episode this time! I always love when Hitch is the star. I was a bit confused about the fighting animals, though, and why they didn't just migrate over to separate bushes or something.

I also have to wonder, do the G5 ponies really think they can just make everyone get along all the time? I have a feeling, in MYM perhaps, that they'll eventually learn that they can't control everyone around them, and other ponies/animals/ etc. (even the Mane 5!) will have spouts every now and then, and some ponies/animals may never like each other! 

• Brohoof 1

Raccoonicorns and Pegasnails...

Only in My Little Pony would you encounter such creatures and with unique names to boot. Hitch was given the main spotlight this time around and we can see that his penchant for having rules ends up blowing up in his face. I will admit that the conclusion felt a little forced as once again, time just wasn't on their side. However, I found the idea of Sunny and Hitch running away from critters who had now joined forces as hilarious.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hitch songs are great. It feels rather strange for the audience to be able to hear what an animal speech-understanding pony is hearing when they are talking to a non-talking animal.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

I thought that the episode wasn't one of the best ones. 

I didn't really care for Hitch's song; there've been really, really good MLP songs, but his rap sure wasn't one of them. 

I don't know why, but I feel like Izzy's rap as part of her Fit Right In song in ANG was harmless, but I don't feel like Hitch's rap was harmless in this episode...maybe because Fit Right In was a good song and already extremely varied with shifts in tempo and pacing, and the rap kind of fit into its back-and-forth of fast and slow. 

By contrast, Hitch's rap is simple and...for pete's sake, it's not the 90s anymore, and it hasn't been for over two decades!  What's next?  Are you going to have Sunny do a disco song three episodes from now???

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, HereComesTom said:

I thought that the episode wasn't one of the best ones. 

I didn't really care for Hitch's song; there've been really, really good MLP songs, but his rap sure wasn't one of them. 

I don't know why, but I feel like Izzy's rap as part of her Fit Right In song in ANG was harmless, but I don't feel like Hitch's rap was harmless in this episode...maybe because Fit Right In was a good song and already extremely varied with shifts in tempo and pacing, and the rap kind of fit into its back-and-forth of fast and slow. 

By contrast, Hitch's rap is simple and...for pete's sake, it's not the 90s anymore, and it hasn't been for over two decades!  What's next?  Are you going to have Sunny do a disco song three episodes from now???

It'll be in the episode where they dance for all five minutes to  bring ponies together even more.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I wonder if we are going to meet an animal that Hitch can't understand, simply because they don't talk at all, not because that is what their species is like, but just because that is how they are.

:sealed:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 2

On 2022-07-22 at 10:10 PM, HereComesTom said:

NGL; I would totally dig some disco in this show. :nom:

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

NGL; I would totally dig some disco in this show. :nom:

You know...if it was well-done, it might actually be awesome!

I guess that's kind of tautological; if Hitch's rap were really well-done, I might be praising it.  I mean, I loved that "10% luck, 20% skill" song!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...