Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is most likely to be a mom?

Silly Lily

I think probably the best mother would be Fluttershy because of her gentle and kind nature.

Rarity and twilight would be too busy to handle kids and Rarity gets too easily annoyed. Also imagine the amount of frilly and fancy outfits she'd make if she had a baby. :wacko: I'd feel bad for her kid.

I can see AppleJack being a mother because she understands what it means to be a family and how kids feel.

Ranibow Dash is too lazy and busy and Pinkie Pie..... I'm not sure..

Note: NONE of them will have a foal during the series itself as that would be too mature for the audience...

Rainbow Dash gets drunk and has a one night stand with Soarin. Unfortunately she finds out she is with foal. How will Rainbow Dash deal with this major change of events? And how will this affect their friendship and her chance at the wonderbolts?

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

The last time this topic was posted in was four months ago. We've seen all of season three by now, and I believe it's an interesting topic to bring back up now that we've gotten to see the main characters in action even more. I wonder if anyone's views have changed.

As for me, I believe at this point, Fluttershy would definetly be one of the tops. Yes, she's deathly shy, but she's shown on numerous occasions that she's capable of overcoming it, even no longer being deathly shy in general. Once you look past that, the fact is she's taken care of animals all her life, learned a lesson about taking care of kids in Stare Master, and has been maturing with her patience ever since then (Discord, anypony?). She'd be a terrific mom one day, methinks.

I think all the Mane Six would be decent moms, though. They all have their own style and and would definitely have matured enough by the time mom-hood came. Some are simply more likely than others.

• Brohoof 2

Either Rarity or Fluttershy, for two different reasons however:

Fluttershy is most likely to make the "best" mom. She's kind and compassionate, and has been shown to be good with children (The Stare Master). She seems to be the only animal caretaker in Ponyville, so she's got job security too. Providing for her children doesn't seem like it would be a problem, as she lives relatively frugally (her biggest expense being her animals). However, Fluttershy is the least likely to actually have a child of her own. She's very introverted, so talking to a stallion (let alone courting one) would be very difficult for her, unless they were very laid-back and go-with-the-flow, like Big Macintosh (rejoice Flutter X Mac fans!) or someone similar.

Rarity on the other had is the most likely to actually give birth to a child. She (unlike Fluttershy) is very extroverted, finding it very easy to talk to just about anyone. She's the only pony to have been shown to want a relationship, and has flirted with other ponies in the past. However, Rarity wouldn't necessarily make the best mother. Despite being the element of generosity, she has been shown to be very self-centered at times. She also is not very good with children, as she doesn't always treat Sweetie Belle right. Her job is also client-based, so her income almost definitely fluctuates, and her biggest expense is most likely her exuborent lifestyle.

• Brohoof 2

I think the most likely would be Applejack as she has quite the large family and having a lot of kids is often a plus for a farmer. Second most likely would probably be Rarity as she is so far the only Mane 6 member to have been known to have a love interest though the supposed stallion of her dreams did turn out to a bit of a jerk. But she does strike me as somewhat of a romantic so she will probably find someone better. I could easily see all of them becoming mothers though.

I have to say the candidates for most likely being a mother are:

1. Applejack

2. Rarity

3. Fluttershy

4. Twilight

5. Pinkie Pie

Sorry Dashie, but those are my 5 candidates for a mom. RD wouldn't have time because, of her goal in getting into the Wonderbolts.

Hmm... I'd say Applejack. She seems to be a good sister, so I think she'd make an excellent mother. Either her or Twilight Sparkle, because Twilight's smart. Although if she's an Alicorn, I don't know how much parenting time she'll have.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't get the people who are saying rarity.  Yes, she is a big romantic, and is the only one we've seen even attempt to bag a stallion, but even getting married doesn't necessarily mean you want to or will have kids.  And I really can't see Rarity being all that comfortable around or having the patience to deal with children. 

Fluttershy has the most motherly *qualities* but it's going to be difficult for her to approach a mate. 

That's why I say Applejack. She's more outgoing than Fluttershy, and she values family, as seen in her relationship with Apple Bloom.

From what I would expect, they're all in their teens. She seems like the type that would get over her immature feelings after a while and settle down with a nice stallion.

I agree. I bet Rarity would be ecstatic to have a child of her own to teach the beautiful art of fashion. And how to sew dresses. ;) I also say Applejack, because she is so caring and it is obvious she would be a wonderful mother. I just couldn't imagine who the lucky stallion would be. 

I have to say the candidates for most likely being a mother are:

1. Applejack

2. Rarity

3. Fluttershy

4. Twilight

5. Pinkie Pie

Sorry Dashie, but those are my 5 candidates for a mom. RD wouldn't have time because, of her goal in getting into the Wonderbolts.

Sorry dude, I agree with some of your choices,(like Rarity and Applejack) but how do you think Pinkie and Fluttershy are gonna start dating? Seriously! I mean, I see where you're going with Fluttershy, she would be an excellent mother. She is thoughtful and caring and has great experience to how children (specifically ones as difficult as Angel) act. But she is just way too shy to even approach a stallion to say hi. Now to Pinkie. Really? She's got experience with kids, but I could just never see her getting married or even dating. She seems to me to be more of the, 'oh, yeah, sure, I'll watch your kids while you and your boyfriend go out to dinner' type. She is a babysitter. NOT a mother. Twilight. is. too. busy. trying. to. rid. Equestria. of. evil. She doesn't have time for kids! Enough said. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I think Fluttershy would make the best mother, but I don't know if she'd be the type to actually get together to give birth to a child in the first place, being so shy.

I think Rarity would be the first as she seems like the one who is most interested in love, being the only one of the mane 6 to actually show any thought about it so far.

Pinkie is.. Probably to crazy. I dunno what would even happen :P. Although she would be great with babies kinda.

I could see Twilight being a mother, but she may or may not be liked by her child, I could see her as getting married maybe, although she is a bit introverted in a way. So she may not spend enough time out to worry about that type of thing.

Applejack would probably easily become a mother seeing as she already is almost like a mother to applebloom in a way. Just has to get a interest in love and stuff first.

Rainbow dash seems to be the least likely. Even if she has Scootaloo now as her little sister I don't think she seems like the type to love someone and take care of a child.

So I think it would be a tie between Rarity and Applejack, for different reasons. As for who would make the best mother is would be Fluttershy, and I think Rainbow Dash is the least likely, Twilight and Pinkie just fit in the middle somewhere.

Well it depends on if you add fanfiction interpretations to the mix; in particular Pinkie Pie's parties are sometimes... far beyond what is in the show. But if we don't take into account any alternative character interpretations, the only pony who's ever shown particular interest in starting a family is Rarity. Second after her is Applejack, who is from such a large family that she probably never really considered NOT getting married and having kids, but that might be a ways off. Fluttershy is Fluttershy, but in theory might adopt or something. The others I can't see intentionally becoming parents for a long while (if ever).

On the other hand for best mother I would choose Applejack for lots of experience dealing with her family and shown in practice with Apple Bloom. Fluttershy would be kind, but she might be too lenient and if the child is smart and not particularly nice it could manipulate her (in theory... It would have to be smarter and eviler than Discord at least). Third may be surprising, but I think Rainbow Dash, while unlikely to really settle down, could be a great parent depending on the child; she would make mistakes, but seems to know how to set and enforce limits and could be a lot of fun if the kid has the right personality.

LOL.

"Stare Master"

"Sister hooves social"

"Baby cakes"

cute though. ~

When in any of these episodes did Rarity say she hates baby's? In SHS it showed how much Rarity CARED about Sweetiebelle, not hated.

AJ I think she'd be a hardworking mum, I doubt a single mum either. She'd be very responsible and if she treats her kids anything like she treats her little sister they'll turn out honest and well grounded.

On the Flipside I see Pinkie being a mum, she wouldn't be able to resist having foals of her own to play with and then be shocked by the sheer level of responsibility, to which baby sitting is nothing compared to it.

Edited by Fridge

You've all got it wrong, Rainbow Dash would at some point get knocked up by one of the Wonderbolts. Like any of those crazy fans, she'll sleep with any and/or all of them, regardless of gender.

Of course, Rainbow Dash would obviously make a terrible parent. So at some point shortly after her foal/filly's birth, Rainbow will pawn her kid off onto Fluttershy and then go back to following/trying to join the Wornderbolts.

Edited by Cowl
  • Brohoof 1

RD could very well become a "Mom by Wonderbolt", unless the Wonderbolts have rules against that. She really does seem like the most likely to have a child without thinking about it, along with Pinkie Pie. Comes with being the impulsive one.

Pinkie could easily end up having a bit too much fun at a party.

TS is already an adopted mother/sister in function. Don't really see her going for romance itself- if she ends up a mom, it will be because she hits it off with a stallion with an interest in books, who will come over to the library frequently. And if no such thing happens, I think she will still be quite satisfied with just Spike. :P

AJ is Applebloom's surrogate mom, and is quite family-minded. Will likely be a mom.

FS will only ever end up a mom if some stallion notices her despite her shyness and treats her well. She would not pursue a relationship on her own.

Rarity is unlikely to have children any time soon- she gets her fill of children from the CMC, and she's more of a career pony anyway.

• Brohoof 3

Twilight is already a mom.From TvTropes.An amusing theory, even if probably untrue.Rarity is the most likely choice, considering she's the only mane cast member that recieved romantic attention from a stallion. However, I see everypony but Dash having foals (too busy with the Wonderbolts).

You don't get it. Spike's fire is like that because he's an Eldrich dragon, meaning he doesn't even breathe fire, he breathes, quite obviously, Eldrich, which is a green, pink, or blue fire-like substance, known to teleport anything it touches. He doesn't have wings, because baby Eldrich dragons are not the same as baby fire or ice dragons. And he WON'T turn out like this when he gets older.

post-4258-0-14979500-1359901176.jpg

He will eventually get wings, though not as big and grand as that of fire and ice dragons. Trust the dragon expert. ;)

Anyway, I think Rarity is too refined to deal with kids, seeing how she dealt with her sister. I think she's gonna devote her entire life to fashion design, and possibly even shun any boyfriend she happens to get.

In my opinion I think Fluttershy. In time Fluttershy will over come her obstacles from her shyness. If shyness were something to stop anybody from becoming a future mother I might as well not have had a child myself for I too am shy and a little skittish at times. I can see Fluttershy being a very loving caring mother who'd do anything to protect her foal or foals just like she does for animals, plus she has learned to not let her fears get the best of her. If Fluttershy was able to become friends with Discord why couldn't Fluttershy become friends with another male which could turn into something more? Many people talk about the idea of Big Mac and her and yet they hardly ever show the two together and they're both very shy ponies. This doesn't mean that they couldn't end up together someday and have their own foal with a little help from their friends along the way. In fact I took the fact that Fluttershy helped Applejack out to get Discord to fix the flooding in Apple Archers as a hint that Fluttershy will help out Applejack many times again in the future which could lead to Fluttershy and Big Mac somehow interacting. Shyness doesn't have to stop you from finding love it's about over coming the shyness and like I've said before Fluttershy has been over coming her shyness little by little and someday she will learn to cope with it and find her Special Some Pony with a little help from her friends. And like I said maybe just maybe that future some pony will be Big Mac. 

Edited by SingingFluttershy1279
  • Brohoof 1

Gay=likes men

Wouldn't that make her straight tongue.png?

*super mega ultra facepalm*

Gay = homosexual = likes the same sex

Gay guys like guys. Gay girls like girls.

(I know this is an old post, but still.)

• Brohoof 2

Rarity: She probably has too high of standards. She might need to have the perfect mate, perfect wedding and everything that it would take too much time nitpicking that she wouldn't settle down early.

Twilight Sparkle: Studious and in pursuit of knowledge, she won't have much time for dating and such. She probably thinks of it as nonsense. Her brother marrying however may give her a bit of an inspiration though.

Pinkie Pie: I don't even think this mare knows what marriage is even about. Her idea of marriage might be "best person to have fun parties with." Or something.

Rainbow Dash: Not likely. She would become captain of the Wonderbolts and would only care for her duties and definitely not be into finding a suitable mate thing.

Fluttershy: She's just too shy and isn't likely going to meet many potential mates. She's already a kind of mother of forest animals anyway.

Applejack: I'm going to have to say Applejack. She follows traditions, she isn't shy and gets around, she's warm, honest and has many qualities to settle down being compatible with just about everyone. She wouldn't be picky like Rarity, I'm sure she will know immediately who she wants to settle with and would do it before the others and also be the first to have children.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1

Mom? MOM!??!!

*calmed down*

I personally think Twilie, Fluttershy and AJ would be great Moms, I think Pinkie Pies too.. Immature for kids(DONTKILLMEPPFANSPLZ), Dashie.. Well, She would be a great mom too, I could image her having a boyfriend/husband though, I'd expect she'd get alot from being so Awesome  :wub:, and lastly, Rarity.. *sigh* I think she'd be too busy with fashion to have X-Rated stuff.. Anyone Agree? :3