Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does everyone here think of season 1 versus season 2?

CaptainAwesome

Season 2 is when they eventually put more and more stuff dedidcated to us in there, when the bronies were starting to get recognized in-show. That's one main reason as to why I think it's better.

Also, the quality of animation, humor, intelligence, darker tones, and all other positive aspects has increased dramatically (not saying that S1 was horrible, I'm saying that S2 was just a lot better). From the beginning to the epic memorable finale, season 2 was undoubtedly the best in my opinion, and most definitely the most successful.

(Also, poll, plz? :3)

i posted a poll like this on facebook in my local group, season one was voted better, by a long shot, i prefer season 2, but i find alot of season 1 has the more midrange episodes where as season 2 has the worse ones aswell as the better ones.

MLP is like cheese,

gets better with age ~

Shankveld, you forget too mention that old cheese is an acquired taste. ;)

You can have very valid reasons for not liking... this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

When it gets too old it will get cancelled ;) ~

I enjoyed both season 1 and season 2 equally.

Same as this lad right here. I can't put one above the other, for a multitude of reasons.

I liked season 1 because that was the moment I got to know the brony community and it was a great start, but after the final episode I felt like the world crumbled beneath my feet. so during the time there wasn't a season airing, so my expectation for season 2 was: it should be as good as the first season, and the first episode should be worth the long wait.

after all season 2 lived up expectations and I really loved Discord so...

when the final episode aired I thought it was the best ending of a season ever.

so:

I thought season 2 was the best season because it lived up to my expectations. and my expectations were based on the last episode of the first season

From what I've seen of season 1 (haven't seen all of it...) I like it, but I've seen every episode of season 2 and it's a million times better imo.

Epic Cheese picture*

Cheese is my favorite kind of food. GiVE ME!

• 2 weeks later...

I like season 2 better, although season 1 does have Winter Wrap Up. I think the characters had more endearing scenes. Also, I think it was a great move by the writers to make it so that each pony could write to Celestia about friendship. Due to this, episodes can be more centered on each of the ponies, having everyone learn lessons and not just Twilight.

Season 1 was pretty cute. I sat down and, before doing anything related to the brony community, watched all the episodes that were out in broadcast order. Season 2 definitely had more of a kick to it, and took the pony antics up a notch. All in all... Naw, can't pick a favorite :D

(edited)

I found season 2 funnier, i think its because season 1 was directed for younger audiences, then when the fan base grew and the creators put a little more adult humor in it I enjoyed it more

Edited by thesteampunkninja

Well, of course season 2 is better. They didn't go wrong and mess it up like some shows that I know.

It was actually them improving the quality of awesome and..

Luna: "Aha! The Quality has beem DOUBLED!"

• Brohoof 1

They both sucked, y do u liek dis crap?!?!?!?!?!?

JK, who cares, both seasons were awesome!

Degrees Of Perfection

I've been wrestling with this question since before Season Two ended, and have had to give it a lot more thought than I would have expected.

Both seasons feature some of the finest visual art, music and overall entertainment I have ever seen in my life. Either could stand alone, and stand tall.

Deciding between them is like deciding between excellent and outstanding, but when the dust settles, I find myself believing Season Two is the stronger season, and without disparaging or belittling Season One in any way by doing so.

Ohh i loved season 2 more than season 1, but I enjoyed them both. Like thesteampunkninja said, there seemed to be more adult humor in the second season which was nice. It was a lot of fun. Also, I really enjoyed the songs from the second season more than the first. In fact, all my favorite songs are in the second season. Smile, Big Brother Best Friends Forever and This Day. But season 1 was really fun too, great for a first, introductory season.

I enjoyed season 2 more because they threw out the whole "YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE PRINCESS EVERYDAY TWILIGHT" thing. This allowed other characters to take the spotlight; like Pinkie in the twins episode. I feel the creators kind of realized that Twilight was not everyone's favorite character and thought the fact that it just focused on her made the show hard to work with.

• Brohoof 2