Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your Favorite Mario Game

this thread hit me in the nostalgia glands :o

Not sure why, but I personally find Xbox and PS games to be more generic...

to each their own I guess.

Though I'll agree on the PS3 looking pretty badass.

If I wasn't broke, I'd get one instead of having to play with my friends' every rare occasion...

The Galaxy series and New super Mario Bros Wii still are great Mario games, you should try them out if you haven't.

Shit, that's coming from the system that puts out countless exercise games, while another is putting out games like Resisitnace, A. Creed and A. Combat, D. Souls...

I never once felt like I was playing a generic title on the PS3. Sorry, and while I may be a N.Boy at heart, PS3 beat the living shit out of the Wii in terms of quality.

(edited)

Super Mario World is number one.

Closely followed by Bros. 3 and Galaxy 1+ 2 (when played together).

The Super Strikers (both of them) were amazing, but the Karts (all of them) are just a bit better IMO.

64 and Sunshine were bucking awesome as well...

Hm...

Do the Smash Bros. Games count?

Edited by Vinyl Pon3 Scratch
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Super Mario World is number one.

Closely followed by Bros. 3 and Galaxy 1+ 2 (when played together).

The Super Strikers (both of them) were amazing, but the Karts (all of them) are just a bit better IMO.

64 and Sunshine were bucking awesome as well...

Hm...

Do the Smash Bros. Games count?

Smash Brothers don't count because they aren't based on "Mario".

But everything else are correct answers

Edited by SweetieBelle Excel

(edited)

Shit, that's coming from the system that puts out countless exercise games, while another is putting out games like Resisitnace, A. Creed and A. Combat, D. Souls...

I never once felt like I was playing a generic title on the PS3. Sorry, and while I may be a N.Boy at heart, PS3 beat the living shit out of the Wii in terms of quality.

I love my Wii and I haven't even played an exercise game, unless you count Wii Sports, which came for free. lol

I think I have around 50 games and none of them are exercise games...and no, most of them do not require you to wave your controller like a retard. :wacko:

Those are the crappy third party developer gimmicky games that every console has to raise sales; I mean there's Kinect and the Arc too...

lol going off topic, sorry...

Mario Kart Wii is probably my favorite Mario game on the wii.

Edited by Metzger

I love my Wii and I haven't even played an exercise game, unless you count Wii Sports, which came for free. lol

I think I have around 50 games and none of them are exercise games...and no, most of them do not require you to wave your controller like a retard. :wacko:

Those are the crappy third party developer gimmicky games that every console has to raise sales; I mean there's Kinect and the Arc too...

lol going off topic, sorry...

Mario Kart Wii is probably my favorite Mario game on the wii.

Yeah, all the 1st party games kick A. But the 3rd party games make up 70% of the library.

Paper Mario. I enjoy platformer games, but not as much as RPGs, and Paper Mario is a fantastic RPG. It spiced things up quite a bit from the standard turn-based RPGs, it also isn't anywhere near as frustrating as any of them (including Pokemon, which is still easy, but can make me want to throw my 3DS out the window anyway) making it a much more accessible game for me personally.

Wow, a lot of people sure like Paper Mario.

Now I feel bad about not beating Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door 5 years ago.

The Thousand Year Door was dedinitely the best. I beat it again last year and found so many little secrets, references, and it was just such an enjoyable game. Wanna play it again now.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

._. There are too many favorites ones but i guess i have to say Super Mario World 2: Yoshi island, followed by SMB3,Paper Mario (all games) and SMG.

Yoshi island felt somewhat special to me, the art style, gaming experience and atmosphere is something cute and unforgettable. <3

(Remix of Flower Garden)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b9Vtp4S9CYk

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 3

._. There are too many favorites ones but i guess i have to say Super Mario World 2: Yoshi island, followed by SMB3,Paper Mario (all games) and SMG.

Yoshi island felt somewhat special to me, the art style, gaming experience and atmosphere is something cute and unforgettable. <3

Oh god yes! Yoshi's Island was an amazing Mario game! The art style was so awsome and unique unlike any other game I have seen really!

post-2483-0-55539300-1340233470_thumb.jpg

The music is definitely awsome too and quite cheerful! I love how Yoshi is the main character and Mario is just a baby that Kamek is trying to kidnap. :) After playing it again a couple months ago though I must say I wish it was harder! It felt way too easy though it was still really fun! Maybe it's just because I'm like 10 years older now haha.

Unfortunately I think Paper Mario might be my favorite Mario game, though I'm not 100% certain on that! There are so many good games...I think in no particular order my favorite are Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Bros. 3, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars. I'm basically a big fan of every RPG haha!