Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

VioletLinked

(edited)

Hey guys! It's your bro VioletLinked.

Many of you should already know I'm a programmer, and I need your opinion on something.

I've always wanted to test out some different gameplay Ideas, but I'm wondering which to do first, but keep in mind the game that I would make would (hopefully) be relativity short since I have stuff to do. I'm actully not to busy with The Yogscast game at the moment, and Cupcakes: The game in in Pre-Dev, so I have some time to test out some stuff.

So here is the big question: Which would you rather see? A MLP beat em' up like Scott Pilgrim, a Ponified Multiplayer Kirby adventure, or a Hellish and classic NES/SNES style MLPified Castlevania adventure with Rarity?

I'm also doing a quick gamejam here:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/22682-had-an-idea-gamejam/

(This and the gamejam are separate, and they are both being done for fun.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes so far:

(Many are from my steam friends)

Beat em' up: 8 (Shock Slayer and Ben N. and Rainboom and parlazente and Dr XFizzle and SrFrog and Hazardus_Havard and Lobstaarr)

Kirby: 8 (DJ Shadow and P. Fushia and ArcticMA and Tom TD, and RaccoonBL, and Kirby and Switazoid and Octavia's Cello.)

Castlevania: 5 (Troggle and RageDemopan and Jecsa Much and Storm Nova and Tom)

Edited by VioletLinked

(edited)

an MLP FPS where instead of guns/bullets, it's character-specific items or its a colored beam from an Element of Harmony

AJ = Apples

Rarity = Gems

Rainbow Dash = ?

Twilight = Books

Pinkie Pie = Cupcakes

Fluttershy = ?

oh, we're given the choices. Uh, put me down for the Scott Pilgrim beat 'em up

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

(edited)

KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY

KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY

I dont think I can overstress my vote for the Kirby game anymore than i already have. Yes, I did type all that. Copy and paste is for the weak.

Also, why no poll?

Edited by Kirby

I dont think I can overstress my vote for the Kirby game anymore than i already have. Yes, I did type all that. Copy and paste is for the weak.

Also, why no poll?

I'm new... how do you make polls?

---Updated Votes---

=D

(edited)

---Updated Votes---

=D

Honestly, ive never made a topic before XD

Either way, I believe there should be some "manage poll" option when you go to edit the OP. It was on the right of the screen when I went to find it.

Edited by Kirby

(edited)

Edit your original post, use the full editor. There should be "Manage Topic Poll" or something like that on the right hand side.

Anyway, I vote for the Castlevania like game.

Also, it's good to see more programmers interested in game development around here.

Edited by Tom
  • Brohoof 1

A Scott Pilgrim Beat Em' Up seems the best option here.

If it's anything like THAT game you'd get the option of playing as any of the mane six at least along with their own custom attacks and up to four player possibility.

Heck, if it was actually licensed I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Seriously, I'd go pawn something just to get the money for that.

• Brohoof 1