Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Magic the Gathering Thread

Evilshy

69 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Color? Yes, you must pick just one (color combos are a bit further down)

• White
    • Blue
    • Black
    • Red
    • Green
  2. 2. What formats do you play?

• Standard
    • Modern
    • Legacy
    • Vintage
    • Limited (draft, sealed, etc)
    • EDH/Commander
    • Other casual formats (Highlander, Prsimatic, Pauper, 2HG, etc.)
  3. 3. Favorite Color combos? (nicknames because I feel like it)

• WU (Azorius)
    • WB (Orzhov
    • WR (Boros)
    • WG (Selesnya)
    • UB (Dimir)
    • UR (Izzet)
    • UG (Simic)
    • BR (Rakdos)
    • BG (Golgari)
    • RG (Gruul)
    • WUG (Bant)
    • WUB (Esper, dubstep)
    • BUR (Grixis)
    • RBG (Jund)
    • GWR (Naya)
    • WBR (Oros, Kaalia)
    • URG (Intet, Animar, rug)
    • BWG (Teneb, Ghave)
    • RWU (America)
    • GUB (Vorosh, Mimeoplasm, bug)
  4. 4. Player type? Mark all that apply

• Spike (plays to win. Not afraid to use "cheap" strategies to do so)
    • Johnny (building decks is just as fun as playing them. Looks for weird combos and deck ideas, and plays mostly for fun. Tries to win in unique ways)
    • Timmy (the most casual player. Likes decks and cards because they're fun and/or cool to use, even if they're not very good.)
    • Vorthos (judges cards more by flavor, and how the card is when everything, from name to art to text, fits together)
    • Melvin (Judges cards more by mechanics, looking at how different effects piece together, on individual cards and between them)

Not sure if i should grab a fatpack of innistrad or another commander precon to mess with. I'm leaning towards the fatpack. Also, for the same price I could get the last 4-5 cards for my niv-mizzet EDH.

Anyway, I know at least some of you play mtg as well. Can we get a general discussion thread going?

Edited by Evilshy

Oh my...I used to have soooo many decks. Blue/green, Red/black, White/blue.

I loved my black/red deck the most though.

What card types do you prefer?

My Green/Blue deck was more of my competition deck I guess you could say.

Favorite card type? Lol I like and use them all. Current decks I'm running are:

Mono red goblins w/ plenty of artifacts

Mono white equipment

Niv Mizzet EDH, basically just blue/red control with a heavy emphasis on card draw

Mimeoplasm EDH, pretty standard graveyard shenanigans

Ruhan EDH, aggro-control. Basically, I either take control of all your big creatures or prevent them doing anything, then kill you with mine.

And various other decks in different states of construction, most aren't playable yet, other are, but suck horribly lol

I want to build a token EDH deck around Ghave, but I also want more innistrad, since I only have the few packs i got from the prerelease.

Still do!

Which reminds me! I need to work on some of my decks!

I usually go with Green solo or green with something else and if I just want to win I use my Sliver Deck. :D

I haven't played in ages, but I remember that my green/blue deck consisted of mostly blue for walls and defensive stuff as green was what I used for offence.

My favorite green monsters had regenerate...I had some sort of a worm that had it. It was decent, I think a 4/6 =/. One of my strongest creatures was a behemoth of some kind. Giving it artifacts made it a tough piece of work to deal with.

Edited by Hayze

I'll never forget a game where I had a handful of instants and my cousin decided to let my trampling 4/4 through. All of a sudden it was a 21/21. The look on his face was priceless! :D

• Brohoof 1

I'll never forget a game where I had a handful of instants and my cousin decided to let my trampling 4/4 through. All of a sudden it was a 21/21. The look on his face was priceless! :D

I've done something similar with a 2 headed dragon card...It was red, just can't remember its's name...that thing was a monster. My friend banned me from that dragon whenever we played XD.

That was one of my last victories as both my cousins that I play with started to buy more and more single cards and made ridiculously powerfull decks. In Magic sadly money can solve all your problems. :mellow:

Not always. If you're good, then money does help a lot, but a skilled deck builder and player with mediocre cards can often beat someone less skilled with good cards. I've done it many a time.

Not always. If you're good, then money does help a lot, but a skilled deck builder and player with mediocre cards can often beat someone less skilled with good cards. I've done it many a time.

It's all about the planning and preparation than just sheer power.

I never really got into Magic myself though I've always wanted to, it always seemed like it'd be pretty fun to play and the monsters are pretty cool.

Instead I spent my youth playing Yu-Gi-Oh! for a card game since it was a lot easier to me. :P

That and there used to be tons of kids at school that'd have Yu-Gi-Oh! duels on the lunchroom tables all the time. Ahh those were the days.

Trust me if you compared my decks to theirs you'd see that they have a strong advantage and the only way they'd loose is if they were only getting lands. I'm talking about dropping about $60 per deck here filled with rares and maxed out on 4 of some of those cards.

I have to find my cards some day...I had a considerable decent collection of rare cards that added value and worth to the entire collection.

Posted Image

Is my most memorable card, right beside my Wurm.

Posted Image.

The Wurm served me well so many times as did the dragon.

You say you havent played in awhile, but balefire dragon came out about 2 months ago.

Yeah, I haven't. I consider about 2 months a while. I may of over-exaggerated a bit with ages, but it felt like forever. As time went on I played less and less, till I just stopped. About the time I got serious into WoW. Edited by Hayze

Oh okay.

Well, that went well. Bought a fatpack of innistrad and pulled a Lilliana of the veil, a snapcaster Mage, and an Olivia voldaren, which i sold to the shop for ~$32, making the fatpack cost about $3. So then I used that money to buy another 4 packs of innistrad and 5 of m12. Didn't open anything of major value in those, but some guy traded me a few hymn to tourach for some some of my better commons and uncommons, and I traded a bloodgift demon for a few cards for my ruhan EDH :D

• 1 month later...

I love it, I had quite a few cards, but time and the lack of a partner to play against made me loose them. I wonder if the game on steam is any good.

Edited by Neikos

so I have never made my own topic before... so I don't know what to do

i'll just start by saying trix would use a blue control deck not green and red.

and my fnm place Is doing legacy next friday and I made a burn deck that has

4 lighting axes,4 lava spikes,4 lighning bolts,3quenchable fires,4 reverberates,3 flame javelins,3 rift bolts,3 ember haulers,3 brow beats,3 searing blazes,3 goblin fireslingers,3 cinder pyromancers, and 21 mounains

its doing an average of at lest 20 damage in 5 to 6 turns and some times 4 do any of you have some ideas to improve

Oh my, as I said, it's a looooong time since I played, and even then I wasn't really familiar with every rule! I don't remember anything... sorry!

Thats awesome right there! Twilight will win through...

I don't know look at there faces Twilight looks frustrated and trixy is confident

I love it, I had quite a few cards, but time and the lack of a partner to play against made me loose them. I wonder if the game on steam is any good.

I hear it is and you could look Into seeing if there are any Friday night magic places near you