507 users have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

I'm kind of glad Internet Explorer has at least 1 vote. I kind of feel sorry for it from time to time, sitting abandoned in my start menu.

Firefox is my favourite browser because it's open source, I find that it has fair performance and it has great stability. Firefox has been my browser for several years and I can trust the guys that back the browser.

I tried chrome, but I honestly didn't see that big of a speed boost and I was a bit nervous that Google, a company that gains revenue from advertising, has released a browser. It just feels like a bit of a conflict of interest when they start talking about privacy; I'm not saying that it is, but it feels a bit odd. Chromium is pretty good though. I've given that a spin and it's a fine alternative, but I just can't feel comfortable with it, might be the interface.

There actually was an existing thread for this (as you can probably tell by the merger that's been performed), but we appreciate that you made the effort to look.

I use firefox. I just switched over to it from chrome a month ago after finding out that it's actually faster than chrome on my shitty laptop and haven't gotten around to customizing it or installing any addons other than ABP yet.

• Brohoof 1

I'm using Google Chrome at the moment. It seems to be the fastest for me. Firefox and Internet Explorer seem slower for some reason and I've never tried any of those other browsers listed there.

(edited)

I use Firefox because it used to be the only browser with addons. That's about it. Now we have Chrome too but I'm not a fan of the data collection. Safari and Opera are just meh. IE has always been a scumbag browser because it breaks a lot of stuff that isn't specially made for it. You can either code for IE, or you can code for everyone else. But like any good web developer, I have all five installed on my computer to compare how each one interprets my work. tongue.png

Edited by GeneralDirection
  • Brohoof 1

I occasionally use Google Chrome, but most of the time I use Opera. I believe Opera is more faster than Chrome and other internet browsers.

Google Chrome. It's much faster than Internet Explorer (yes, I actually used to use that) and has an adblock extension.

If worst comes to worst, I'll just check out Firefox, since that comes along with adblock and decent speeds.

We all know it's a FF vs GC..

I use Firefox since

- I've always been using it and it works amazingly for me.

- Gotta love all the advanced features and settings that Chrome does not have.

- Way more addons than Chrome.

- Way more customizable than Chrome.

- Firefox can handle more processes and different tabs at the same time than Chrome can.

- Iike Firefox's way of dealing with loads of tabs more than Chrome's. In Firefox you can kinda scroll through them with a button but in Chrome you get these super small icons and you can't even see the text on them if you got like 15 ones open.

Chrome is a little bit faster. But the difference is so small that it does not even matter.

Started with Firefox but switched to Chrome once I realized just how much faster it was.

Now I really have to use Chrome cause of all the Pony themes I found for it. biggrin.png

To be honest, Google Chrome IS fast, but not very stable, especially with my XP machine.

Also, I have mentioned this so much to people who use Chrome: it's a botnet.

Now, I'm going to talk about Chronium. A good alternative of Chrome, and I used it when I was in Windows Vista(I broke the screen of the laptop.). On my XP machine, it kept crashing. Also, it is somewhat the same speed as Chrome. If you are a fan of Chrome, and hate that your browser is a botnet, I'd say go with that one. Going to Rockmelt, that browser is too a botnet. Incognito doesn't help either, because it too sends your cookies, and history to Google.

Now going to talk about Safari. It's a great browser on Mac OS X, but on Windows, it sucks. It has some security glitches and such.

Now to Opera. Opera is an OK browser, but it does have it's share of problems too.

I use Mozilla Firefox 21.0 on my XP, because it's pretty much the most stable browser on the interwebz.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2013-05-30 at 12:26 PM, Raymond said:

To be honest, Google Chrome IS fast, but not very stable, especially with my XP machine.

Also, I have mentioned this so much to people who use Chrome: it's a botnet.

Now, I'm going to talk about Chronium. A good alternative of Chrome, and I used it when I was in Windows Vista(I broke the screen of the laptop.). On my XP machine, it kept crashing. Also, it is somewhat the same speed as Chrome. If you are a fan of Chrome, and hate that your browser is a botnet, I'd say go with that one. Going to Rockmelt, that browser is too a botnet. Incognito doesn't help either, because it too sends your cookies, and history to Google.

Now going to talk about Safari. It's a great browser on Mac OS X, but on Windows, it sucks. It has some security glitches and such.

Now to Opera. Opera is an OK browser, but it does have it's share of problems too.

I use Mozilla Firefox 21.0 on my XP, because it's pretty much the most stable browser on the interwebz.

Pretty much my thoughts on Chrome.

Edited by uuunph

Chrome is currently my primary browser but I thinking of switching to something else. I used Firefox before and I liked it a lot but I have bad things about it recently. Still, I seem to have quite a lot of trouble with Chrome a lot of the time. It tends to be quite slow for me and extensions love to crash and slow everything else down.

Maybe it is just Windows 8 that is screwing everything up. Windows 8 seems to be the enemy of most things PC related.

Chrome is currently my primary browser but I thinking of switching to something else. I used Firefox before and I liked it a lot but I have bad things about it recently. Still, I seem to have quite a lot of trouble with Chrome a lot of the time. It tends to be quite slow for me and extensions love to crash and slow everything else down.

Maybe it is just Windows 8 that is screwing everything up. Windows 8 seems to be the enemy of most things PC related.

Extensions do love to crash because Google Chrome isn't very stable.

I use Safari. It's fast, reliable, and easy to navigate. I've used Firefox, and it was good, but not really my cup of tea. I've used Internet Explorer, but rather not go down those dark roads.

img-1512413-2-FmDzM.gif

Back in my Noob Ages, also known as Dark Ages, I used IE8, or IE9. That was about 2008, 2009, or 2010. Back then, I used Chrome on old XP computer, which was 256MB of RAM at the time. That was about early 2012.

Already stated in my previous post, Safari is a good browser for Mac OS X. However, the Windows version has quite a bit of security holes here and there.

• Brohoof 1

I switch back and forth between Chrome and Firefox when I'm having trouble with one or the other. I currently use firefox now because of the plethora of excellent addons available, even though it's not as fast as Chrome, I still. prefer Firefox.

I use Firefox, Chrome, Rockmelt and Internet Explorer.

I use Firefox to upload Youtube videos.

I use Rockmelt since it has Facebook built-in the browser.

I use Chrome because it was already installed on my School Laptop.

I use IE to complete and upload school work on. 

I personally use Chrome. While I know Firefox has got a shit ton of stuff you could get for it, all I really need is adblock, and ctrl + shift + c works as a kind of Firebug type thing (at least, for the extremely limited amount of things I use it for), so I'm set.

The appearance is also much more appealing to me. Very simplistic and not so clunky looking. 

I use Chrome. I used to use Internet Explorer when I was a kid, but then I began using Firefox and I had that for a while. A couple years ago my friend introduced me to Chrome and I've loved it ever since! <3

Safari user, here.

I used to use Firefox when I was on PCs, but when I transferred to a Macbook, I found that Firefox didn't load videos well, so I gave it up and went for Safari.

Kinda curious about Chrome, though...

I love to use Google and Google Chrome,they are to me the best web browsers in the world,they to me are reliable and dependable!!!If you don't use them I would recomend itderpy_emoticon1.png derpy_emoticon2.png img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png .

Bowser? WHERE???? wub.png    Oh, sorry... you said BRowser... Well, I use Firefox, simply because it's the one I have less troubles with and it's one of the few ones that can be used with Ace Attorney Online...