Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weekly Skype chats

Ezynell

Just an Idea I've been tossing around in my head, something not too different from our synchtube events, but more of a way to get us to know eachother better and blow off some steam at the end of the week. Whaddo you think, guys?

Isn't there already a skype group? Also, I think the chatbox gets rid of the need for a skype group.. unless you're thinking of a Skype Voice chat... if so... that'd be pretty cool... but I'm sure since most people use Skype on mobile... they'd crash from the mass amount of people in the group

Isn't there already a skype group? Also, I think the chatbox gets rid of the need for a skype group.. unless you're thinking of a Skype Voice chat... if so... that'd be pretty cool... but I'm sure since most people use Skype on mobile... they'd crash from the mass amount of people in the group

Yes, I was thinking of voice chat.

In theory it sounds pretty cool... but too many people at one time would get a bit noisy...

If we had the same amount of people as the synchtube party I'm sure it wouldn't get too noisy. Its atleast worth a try

Throughout the afternoon, I'm usually in some sort of a Skype call with at least two or more people. For me, group calls of around up to six or seven people seem to work just fine (I believe there is a cap of about ten people per call). I can hear everyone clearly provided that each person makes the effort to eliminate any background noise on their end. I'd be happy to go give the idea a trial.

• Brohoof 1

Throughout the afternoon, I'm usually in some sort of a Skype call with at least two or more people. For me, group calls of around up to six or seven people seem to work just fine (I believe there is a cap of about ten people per call). I can hear everyone clearly provided that each person makes the effort to eliminate any background noise on their end. I'd be happy to go give the idea a trial.

Yeah, as long as people are polite and don't try to talk over each other, large conferences can go just fine.

Also, the differencies in time zones might cause a big problem for the planing of these events. As LRP said: Would be way to many people talking at once.

I do like the idea though.

The timezones will be a problem, So will the noise in the voice chat, but i guess we can find a solution for that too

I'd probably join in if someone started it! I like voice chats, they're easier to do while multitasking.

I'll take any excuse to add bronies to skype :P And a big group voice chat is in in the picture. hell sign me in.

i would enjoy this!

I'd be interested! I prefer voice chats to text chats.

100% for this idea.

Yeah, as long as people are polite and don't try to talk over each other, large conferences can go just fine.

I don't know about you guy's, but I like the idea sorta.

Sorry for the mass quote, people don't really respond when you just start posting on a thread again.

Anyways, it seems that the majority of users are for this idea, so next we have to decide a time. I'm thinking the hour before our usual synchtube parties. What about ya'll?

Edited by Ice

Sorry for the mass quote, people don't really respond when you just start posting on a thread again.

Anyways, it seems that the majority of users are for this idea, so next we have to decide a time. I'm thinking the hour before our usual synchtube parties. What about ya'll?

That would only leave us around an hour for talking if we plan to go to Synchtube. That is a little short to me.

That would only leave us around an hour for talking if we plan to go to Synchtube. That is a little short to me.

We could do 2 hours before... anyways, I'll try it out next week, and see if I can get Feld0 to support the idea

We could do 2 hours before... anyways, I'll try it out next week, and see if I can get Feld0 to support the idea

sounds good but frankly if it is gonna work out it probably should not have time restrictions. yes it should have a start time and estimated end time but overall I think it should be given a time where it can go on for as long as people want it to (much like Synchtube). Having it on the same day as Synchtube is probably not the best.
  • Brohoof 1

sounds good but frankly if it is gonna work out it probably should not have time restrictions. yes it should have a start time and estimated end time but overall I think it should be given a time where it can go on for as long as people want it to (much like Synchtube). Having it on the same day as Synchtube is probably not the best.

I guess it could go into the synchtube party! I would love to chat about the videos while watching them as long as nopony spammed the mic