Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did Lyra & Bon Bon become a ship?

Blank Flank

They were seen together alot in the first season for some reason.

As for Octavia and Scratch.. They both appeared in the same episode, but they weren't together.

I guess it's because they're both musicians?

Edited by Marshmallow

For some reason I think of Lyra and Bon-Bon as the "Odd Couple" of Equestria. I don't know if Lyra is messy or if Bon-Bon is neat but I think such opposites would make a great couple! They'd argue and bicker, but always make up!

LOL

I should have used the term. That's my "Head Canon" take on them!

as have been said, Lyra and Bon-Bon were seen frequently together in the show doing various stuff. the shipping process shortly took by its feet afterwards.

now as for Scratch and 'Tavi, i'd guess they're being shipped together because of them both being musicians or something. i really have no idea about that, but laid-back, always-serious 'Tavi and the wild, party-animal Scratch kinda fit together.

I never really looked into Lyra and Bon Bon, although I have seen how much popularity they've gained in the community. Since the show hasn't elaborated much on their characters, there seems to be a lot of room for fanfics & shipping based upon their common occurances together.

Edited by 83awsm

• 4 years later...
(edited)

Whoa, this thread is like mega old, but I'm curious: the scene with sitting Lyra had Shoeshine rather than Bon Bon; how many scenes did Lyra and Bon Bon actually share together in the early seasons? Could be just because I haven't seen the older episodes recently, but I don't really recall them being seen next to each other in that many shots.

EDIT: Wow, somehow I managed to miss Slendermane's huge collage. :P

Edited by PacificGreen

The magic of the fandom. You just need to see 2 ponies standing beside each other, BAM, you got a ship.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

They were sitting together in the Pilot...literally, that's it

Edited by Megas

In a lot of the early episodes Lyra and BonBon were almost always seen together. The producers swear this was a coincidence and that they simply chose two ponies out of the computer files of animatable background ponies to put in at random, but the fans noticed and figured that they must have been close friends (or more).

Octavia and Vinyl weren't seen together until Slice of Life, but the fans figured that since they both loved music (even if they were otherwise direct opposites) they must have been friends.

I'm not 1000000% sure but I'm pretty certain that Bon Bon and Lyra actually live in the same house in the app game do dad...at least I know they did when I still had my account before my iPod died XD

I think those first eps of the show of them just hanging out on that  random bench scene just seemed to flip into the minds of the fandom and we got the shipping!  Slice of Life and the EQG-Movies just pushed it more but it also is just fun to see what the fans of us do with them!  :o