Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need some advice on a tattoo I might be getting soon

Tenor Clef

Im going to be turning 18 in 15 days and decided that I want another tattoo. Since I love music and I live ponies to the point where both of those things have changed me forever, I figured it would make sense to get this. Posted Image I really like it, but should I get a pony related tattoo? Do you guys think I'll regret it eventually?

• Brohoof 4

Just my opinion here, but getting a tattoo of a thing that your interest in could pass is a bad idea. Your interest in ponies might diminish one day, and you might get sick of looking at.

But, if you don't think you'll ever grow tired of the tattoo, then go ahead and get it.

Just don't get it on your forehead or anyplace else that it might make finding a job nearly impossible

• Brohoof 2

Do it. DO IT NOW. AND POST A PICTURE ONLINE. WE ALL WANNA SEE A VYNIL SCRATCH TATTOO! And I mean everypony will wanna see it, don't think about what others will say! Just do it if you want to! It's your choice.

• Brohoof 3

I was planning on getting it either on my forearm or my right calf. I just spoke to my mother and she also brought up the fact that if it's visible, it could hinder my chances of getting a job. With that being said, if I decide to get it, it'll be on my calf. Plus, as shade said, everybody wants to see a scratch tattoo hahaha (that's not the biggest motivator here for me

Being a Brony is NOTHING to be ashamed of. just keep your head up high, son! Women love confidence!!

Edited by Scootacool
No need for filler, 100 character minimum.
  • Brohoof 1

I feel like this isn't the best picture to use though. Like, the glasses and cutie mark seem a little messed up to me. I could be wrong though. But I love the concept of the her hair making a heart and all that

This would look best on your calf but don't think your forearms are out. Most employers don't care about tattoos because they don't harm anything. If you are a good worker, that is what they will care about. My mom works in a kitchen all day and recently hired a guy with a bunch of tattoos. Her only issue with the guy was his facial hair. Because it could get in the food. He offered to shave, she gave him the job. Tattoos don't make you any better or worse than other people applying for a job. Your work ethic certainly does though.

And yea, her cutie mark would be tilted slightly to adjust for her leg but her glasses are about right since she's looking down a bit. Just looks a little weird. Show it to your tattoo artist. Most of those guys are pretty talented and can make some adjustments for you.

That said...

I wouldn't get a pony tattoo. MLP is super popular right now but this show won't be around forever. It will end and your interests in it will, presumably, diminish.

And with THAT said...

I've been craving a Gears of War tattoo for YEARS. And it will be my next one because I absolutely love that series. (And I found the perfect thing to use to cover a regretted tattoo.) And honestly, if I could get a subtle crossover with AJ and Fluttershy, I'd have a MLP tattoo.

Once had a friend offer to pay for a tattoo for me but only if I got Fluttershy's cutie mark on my ass. Much as I hated to pass up free ink, I had to pass. haha

This would look best on your calf but don't think your forearms are out. Most employers don't care about tattoos because they don't harm anything. If you are a good worker, that is what they will care about. My mom works in a kitchen all day and recently hired a guy with a bunch of tattoos. Her only issue with the guy was his facial hair. Because it could get in the food. He offered to shave, she gave him the job. Tattoos don't make you any better or worse than other people applying for a job. Your work ethic certainly does though.

Depends on the type of job. A restaurant will hire somebody with tattoos because if you're in the back cooking or washing dishes, nobody will see them, and really, it's not a job that you need to look professional for. I'm guessing the tattoo guy your mom hired doesn't serve customers or wait tables?

If you're trying to get an office job, where you're expected to look professional every day, or a sales job where you're interacting with customers a lot, visible tattoos would probably be a problem. I'd say get it on the calf, so you can show it off when you want to, but it's still easy to hide when you need to.

Posted Image

If you really wanna look like that... then, sure. But I think it's stupid personally putting something that will last for LIFE on your body, just because you currently enjoy it. But that's just my opinion, and that person above is like, a friend of my friend. Never really talked to her, but I can see that being a BIG mistake. :/

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

You have to be realistic about your interests. They aren't going to last forever, just be rational about things like this.

Also why the hell is the minimum 200? ahflkdshfdsklhfdskfhsdklfhdsklfhdsfklshd

Edited by MrMeep

In my opinion tattoos are like permanent scars. I personally wouldn't take them. But if you have doubts why not put it somewhere less revealing... Shoulder?

Well the thing is if you're statisfied with how it will look currently.

You have to be certain not to regret it later.. Or else lasering.

But hey! If its a cute tattoo i don't think anyone will be intimidated by ot woch mostly causes problems at jobs. Now look... If you take that tattoo you are screaming "IM A BRONY". Try to imagine what wpuld happen. Are the consequences not bad? Do it!

Roop's given the most practical advice here. Never make a permanent decision based on a fleeting interest, be it with interior decor, tattoos, career paths, etc.

I'm not warding against getting a tattoo as much as I am warding against that particular one.

I would not get it if you even think you may start to lose interest in ponies later on. If you get a tattoo, make sure you will always love whatever it is or what it references to forever. Not to mention as others have stated, finding a job with a pony tattoo might make it somewhat hard, depending on the job and if it is visible or not.

Well, you know, just saying, what about when you aren't a Brony anymore. I think I speak for everyone when I say eventually the fandom will pass and the show won't even be on anymore. I would recommend that you get a tattoo of something that you know, without a doubt at all, that will always be relevant to your interests.

I really like it, but should I get a pony related tattoo? Do you guys think I'll regret it eventually?

Howdy Dusk!

I've moved your thread to General Discussion because it didn't really fit in Life Advice. Threads in Life Advice tend to be more about dramatic and highly emotional situations.

I know that tattoos are serious business, but I figured that you would probably want to get more responses to your topic. Quite a few members avoid Life Advice due to the high level of emotions in a lot of those threads.

Back on topic though, I think that you should get the tattoo. I doubt that you would regret it. Think about it, you said that ponies and music have changed your life forever. Well, what better tribute to that than a tattoo? On the other hand though, if your interest in ponies ever wears off, then you would probably be unhappy with a permanent reminder of this.

Maybe wait a week or so after your birthday and then see how you feel about it? If you find yourself feeling strongly about getting the tattoo, then you should just go ahead and do it. If you have doubts, then maybe you shouldn't.

Also why the hell is the minimum 200?

Only because the thread was in the Life Advice section. The Life Advice section has a higher minimum character limit due to the seriousness of most of those topics.

• Brohoof 1

It would defiantly be cool, but you got to think about how cool well it be in 30+ years? Not to mention ink poisoning, but that is a low chance. I might get one on my arm :P Just make sure you know that this is the one you want.

I think its an awesome idea ;) The onlty thing I could say against it is whether you think you will regret it later on. But if this is something you really want and you think you wont regret it later on down the track then........ Go for it, cause it would be a really sick tattoo :wub:

Uhhhh, not gonna lie, that might be a bad idea. I got a tattoo this summer, and don't regret it in the slightest, but here's the thing; tattoos should really reflect a deeply held personal belief of some sort. Now, that's not saying I don't love MLP, and if you love MLP that much, then by all means get that as a tattoo. But you have to understand, when you get a tattoo, you're making a very loud and very public statement (well, depending on where you're getting it) about something. So you have to be certain that, if you get this, you will never regret getting it, because let me tell you, it would be a regular pain in the flank to get any tattoo removed!!! Hope this helps!!! :)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

As a man with quite a few tattoos, I should caution you about getting something you may regret. Not to say you will regret this, though. Just be sure to think it through, first. Out of the 12 I have, I only regret one. Just because you don't eat meat/meat products for several years, doesn't mean you should get a tattoo that says "vegan," because if you DO start eating meat again, you'll feel like an ass.

Anyway, I have a tattoo of a zombie Hello Kitty. I also have a tattoo of a smiley face. But they both have meaning to me. Just make sure that you'll love the tattoo you get, and make SURE you really want it.

With that being said, I want to get a tattoo of Vault Boy from the fallout games. And possibly Pinkie Pie's cutie mark.

A Tattoo is for you, nobody else. If you want something as a tattoo don't let anyone else make the decision for you, its on your body not theirs. You should however carefully think about any tattoo you may have done, think it over for a year if you must, just make sure you are absolutely sure.

My view on tattoos are that they are a representation of who you are when you get them, i love metal, have done for years and my favorite band is disturbed, i know that WILL change later in life, but i want to remember who i am now, that's why i'm booked in to get this tattoo on the 3rd:

Posted Image

(just "The Guy" not the whole cover)

If you are asking forum members if you should get it then in my opinion that shows uncertainty, which means i would suggest you think it out a little longer. But as i said above, a tattoo IS FOR YOU, if you want it then get it.

• Brohoof 1

I can take some pain...but yeah i dont know if i want a tattoo

They aren't that bad. Only hurts twice, when they start and when they switch to the fill needle.

As for the tattoo? Do what you want. If you think it's something you aren't going to want to remove, go for it.

• Brohoof 2

I would say not right now, the shows not even over yet so none of us know if this is going to be a "fan for life" thing or not.

If you absolutely must, get something subtle like your favorite ponies cutie mark.

I personally wouldn't get ink, but my opinion is if someone's going to, they really should get something that's deeply meaningful to them(A religious symbol for example, or something that you identify with somebody close to you that's passed).

I would advise against getting the tattoo myself. The odds of you still being into ponies in 20 years are probably quite long. The fact that you are concerned about it rather than just having done it means that you have kind of made the decision against it already at least somewhere in your mind -- One generally makes a thread like this to be talked out of something.

• 3 weeks later...

An update! I've decided not to get the vinyl scratch tattoo. But I am getting a spitfire cutie mark. I'm sitting here with my friend while she gets what she wanted done. I'm hella excited. Posted Image

Edited by Dusk Moon