Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on My Little Ponies inevitable death?

MidnightStallion

Your Thoughts on MLP's inevitable death?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. How do you want MLP to end?

• I want it to keep running as long as possible.
    • I want it to die with some dignity.
    • Undecided.

So we all know my little pony is probably the greatest thing on t.v. right now, but even stars have their falling out. Do you want it to go out with some dignity or keep it running as long as possible?

Me personally, I would have to let it die with some dignity, I don't want it to be the next pokemon with 11 series and only the first one is even slightly nostalgic.

• Brohoof 4

Meh, after a while most shows I've loved and watched in the past have gotten boring. I like this show alot, but I wouldn't want it to go on forever, cuz I like to see an amazing ending to things that are talked about for a long time.

I would like probably 4-7 seasons.

Edited by Scootabloom

MLP has long been about the community and the universe for me. Not really the show. So if they make new episodes or not won't really affect me. ( I still have to watch about 4-5 eps from season 2 )

I don't believe that the show will go out on a bad tone. The writers are good, and so is the rest of the production team. As long they don't get replaced, chances are it will be great for some time still.

Edited by Neikos the Omniscient
  • Brohoof 2

Here, have an agreement.

It's nice to see the show's life elongated by memes, fans, and fellow bronies. That at least ensures it for a good run. I don't think it should soldier on for too long, though. Things that live that long - shows especially- tend to get redundant and unappealing. I'd feel a lot better if the show ran its natural course and went out with a bang while it was still original, rather than if it carried on for much longer than it should have and loses our interest completely.

• Brohoof 3

Once it goes out I want it to go out good, not run for like 22 seasons and just be boring and no one even really liking it by then, because it just get unoriginal, boring ,etc.. If the show ends it dosnt mean the end of the community, we can still like the episodes that were made and talk about it, now why don't you stop thinking about the end and enjoy your life right now?

• Brohoof 1

*shrug*

Everything good must come to an end. All you can really do is gather up the memories that made My Little Pony special to you and carry on with your life with them in your heart.

• Brohoof 1

Ugh, I really dislike this subject, but I still will share my thoughts with you on this. I want it to continue as long as possible for various reasons. A show like this comes around once every decade. By that I mean, a show with characters that are relate-able, and all around awesome. A show with an awesome story from the get-go. A show that has a HUGE fandom surrounding it. A show that can appeal to everyone. (as in young children-adults, both genders).

I've seen it time and time again were this show actually changes peoples lives (if you don't believe me then you should reconsider that thought). The show helped people cope with their problems and depression. It's really amazing if you think about it.

I know you probably think I think this show is a huge golden cube with diamonds in the middle, I don't. I just think it's a really great show and it should go on as long as possible.

• Brohoof 4

I've seen it time and time again were this show actually changes peoples lives (if you don't believe me then you should reconsider that thought). The show helped people cope with their problems and depression. It's really amazing if you think about it.

I understand this, I am one of those people. Considering I didn't have the best childhood (I don't want to go into detail) this show is an escape to something innocent, like how I wish my childhood was. However, even with that in mind, I don't want to see something I love and cherish become a moldy pile of shit. Even with these great writers, there are only so many original ideas one can come up with.

• Brohoof 1

I may be unpopular by saying so but I don't want this to go on too long. If it goes on too long stupid things start to happen such as losing the original flavor when writers have to come up with new and novel ideas

I want it to have a lengthy run then go out with dignity

I say as long as it is this generation G4 that lasts a long time, i am okay with it being around for a decade but.... if it goes to g5, i will never be a fan again... ever...

Long live G4

I don't care if it goes another 10 seasons... i would love it only if those seasons are as good as the first 2 have been, but if it goes downhill it will be bad, and i'm sure hasbro knows this, knowing the actual viewers and all its fandom.

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Of course, i would love MLP to last for a long time, but it saddens me when good shows start to suck when they go on for a really long time. (Best example I can think of is Spongebob.) So I'm kinda in between the first 2 choices. But we can't predict the future saying "The show will suck after X Seasons". I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

• Brohoof 2

>The show should go for as long as it can, while not going so far that the episodes begin to noticeably drop in quality. I'd say 6 or 7 seasons would be a good length to stop at.

>The talented fanbase in it's infinite community and imagination continues the show unofficially, as proven to be possible, through videos like this one.

>Thusly, the show never 'really' ends.

>?????

>Pony world domination.

• Brohoof 1

I would like it to go down with some dignity aswell. I would like at least a comfortable 6-7 seasons before it ended so that way when I decided to re-watch the cartoon in the future I will have a lot to watch and enjoy the good ol' days.

I would like the show to go until they ran out of material, but I like to think that as long as our community can continue to put out great fan art the show has yet to truly die. So it won't be on T.V. for a while, but that doesn't mean that we can't experience the same quality of stories and art that we've come to know and love. We are a dedicated fanbase that is capable of great work.

Bottom line: The T.V. series may die but the ponies will live on as long as there are bronies to continue their legacy.

• Brohoof 2

>The show should go for as long as it can, while not going so far that the episodes begin to noticeably drop in quality. I'd say 6 or 7 seasons would be a good length to stop at.

>The talented fanbase in it's infinite community and imagination continues the show unofficially, as proven to be possible, through videos like this one.

>Thusly, the show never 'really' ends.

>?????

>Pony world domination.

Exactly my thoughts... The community is so awesome that the show is just a little extra... We have all kinds of pony related stuff like music, art, fanfics, games and soon fanmade episodes. And even if the show stops at season 3, I would be fine. There are so many awesome fanfics I'm planning to read that 2 alicorn lifes wouldn't be enough :P

Edited by Scrunchy Hooves

If they're going to die, they must die right. I love to think it'll go on forever, and would always be the best, even if they get old, but I know neither of those would ever happen.

It's sad to think of its fate. Especially when it seems right around the corner. :­(

Ummm.... Both? I want it to go on for as long as possible, but i also want it to end on a high note. 5-10-20 seasons. doesn't matter. so long as it remains good. and when the axe does fall from on high that those working on the show have time to make the show go out with a bang.

I'd say both. Let the show run for several seasons, until there is nothing more left to be said, and no more lessons really need to be learned. Finish with a feature-length episode that draws upon everything we've seen and exceeds it, and have it become one of the best animated "kids" movies ever created. Then as the show gives way to the next stage of the franchise, which would be G5, (In which I hope Hasbro would be smart about and hire good people to run to make it good in it's own way) the G4 series shall live on in the community, and we'll pick up where they left off, making our own episodes.

As long as the brony community exists, ponies will thrive. Heck, the fandom may even last for decades, maybe even a century. We can only watch and see...

When I first saw the title of this, I thought you meant as in the ponies actually having to die at some point in their life. Boy did I derp...

As for the topic, I'd love the show to be running for as long as possible. But like most shows, it'll eventually hit a brick wall where the episodes become uninteresting and it seems kind of pointless in continuing to produce more episodes. So I'd prefer if the show went out with some grace and dignity where the last episode they ever made was just as amazing as the first episode they ever made.