Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would ponies react to humans coming to Equestria, and vice versa?

Xievie

I was wondering what everyone thought if Ponies or humans crossed over to the other's world, and how residents could react?

Also, let's try to eliminate the fact that MLP exists for a second. So there are no ponies on T.V. and no Brony fanbase on Earth.

Both sides have no clue what is in their world.

knowing this planet, some bad, bad things would come of that world switch

If we went to Equestria, maybe after time we'd be accepted, but if they came here, total and utter mayhem. Maybe that's what the Mayan's were saying, on 12/21/12. I mean, knowing our governments, it would be the end of the world. Since we enjoy overreacting and NOT trying to make peace.

Edited by p51

I have a feeling bad things will happen to ponies. On the news, everyone bugging it. Tests on it.

Honestly, even not knowing what it is I would feel bad for the poor thing.

Humans would be shown to Celestia. No idea from there. Are they gonna try to send him home? Turn him into a ponyvif he is willing? We don't know

MASSIVE WAR!!! its certain to happen because us humans have territorial complexes and besides that there are a large number of people who eat anything equine. we must also account for the social and political gaps that our 2 societies have. overall it is a terrible thing if ponies came to earth but if we were to go to equestria and we rulled the fact of insanity out we would start the diplomatic process of equstrian citizenship and possibly usng the land to assist in our living situation. by doing so we would start to make the land around us decay through misuse and eventually if not stopped by the princesses, we will kill equestria on accident like we are doing with our current planet.

in summary: BAD IDEA unless it was only a handful of each species.

erm humans in Equestria, im sure the ponies would be curious but then try to find a way to send the human home.

Ponies on earth well MLP ponies, well what would humanity normally do if met with something that came from a different world that we cant explain... well i can think of 3 things, non stop media coverage, religions cult called the bronies, and the government trying to dissect them

Humans would try to corrupt Equestria in search of wealth and power and they will do it through violence and uses of warfare. Ponies would create peace treaties all over the whole earth and unify the whole earth into one nation and call it Equestria. Ponies would also stop glabal warming and help the enviroment, while at the same time improve human habits.

That depends. If the pony found a good person who understands that if the pony is shown to the public, well, bad things will happen. So the person keeps the pony hidden and tries his best to get the pony home (kinda like ET).

But in Equestria I don't think it matters who would "find" the human. They would probably send him/her to Celestia and try to get him/her home.

Depends on how many people and ponies are involved, and the circumstances of the switch. If it was a few people and ponies, let's say, 6 friends with the mane 6, then there will be minimal panic, but very high amounts of curiosity. The humans would become Celestia's responsibility and would be brought to her, whether by their own choice or by force, to determine the cause of this, while the Mane 6 would encounter shock from humans who see them, but with their combined abilities, they may be able to escape the military and find someone who is sympathetic to house them until there is a way to reverse the switch.

If we're talking about a whole population, then of course there will be mass panic, and how it would play out would depend entirely on whether if these people/ponies have their leaders with them in the alien world. Celestia, Luna, and the Mane 6 could easily stop a war with the humans even on Earth with their own power, with Celestia being their official representative, Luna the military strategist, and the Elements as a last resort to prevent their own destruction. And Humans in Equestria even with military resources would have a hard time against a population of dedicated ponies. (And any other harmful creature they stumble upon such as a manticore, hydra, dragon, or cockatrice) If they didn't have their leaders, you might as well be leading them into a slaughter, because that is probably what would happen to the invading species.

• Brohoof 1

Human in ponyville -- initially attacked with intent to subdue by rainbow dash as the other ponies mostly run. They would find they did not speak the same language and eventually he would probably be tied up by applejack and rainbow dash and brought first before Twilight. Twilight might or might not have a language spell. It would be much better for the human if she did. If she did, things could defuse as being able to communicate would solve quite a few issues and while the ponies would be wary they would probably untie but watch closely if communications could be established. Barring that the human would probably end up trussed up on a train for Canterlot.

If it were a human who knew about MLP instead, and the human were fast thinking, they would quickly find some dirt or such and make the symbol for twilight sparkle in the dust. This would probably avert the tying up and would simply move the ponies to wary. They would bring you before twilight and you might try pointing at various things and saying what they were in english -- like twilight sparkle unicorn, rainbow dash pegasus, wings, apple, muffin, etc. Even if she didnt have a spell basic communication could happen in a few weeks. One other thing I would try is writing a message to celestia in that case as maybe they could figure it out that way.

----

A pony sent to our world would have an awful lot more trouble. First off the world has insufficient magic for a pegasus. It would immediately be drowsy and would find that it couldnt fly. A unicorn would not have enough magic available to cast much in the way of spells. Maybe with a lot of effort it could levitate something but that would take a lot of time figuring things out. If we had no experience with ponies it might end up on a farm somewhere as an exotic animal without us ever even knowing it was intelligent. If it were to show intelligence then it might if people are watchful end up in a lab somewhere.

If it were to be in a world that actually knew about MLP it would end up a major scientific thing trying to figure out the hows of it. Unless it ended up in a pony convention or a brony found it first, it would almost certainly end up in a lab for study. I would probably be the optimum person for a pony to appear in front of because I could help with some of the magic issues at least in some small ways. Actually the highest natural magical concentration in the New Jersey area is at the delaware water gap. The lowest natural magic concentration is in the new brunswick area (remember this if you ever consider rutgers as a college)

Edited by silvadel

• 1 month later...

They'd greet us with open hooves and tell us that we can all be friends, but then our tanks, aircraft, and battleships would eventually dismantle their establishment and we would call it second Earth.

Realistically speaking.

• Brohoof 14

Twilight: Why hello, creature! Welcome to Equestria. What's your name?

Fluttershy: hi... im f-f--f---f------uttershy.

Pinkie: WOAHHHHH YOU HAVE FINGERS. FINGERS FINGERS FINGERS FINGERS FINGERS

Rarity: Oh my, some nice shoes you have there, darling.

Applejack would bring us to her home and bake us a pie with Granny Smith.

And Rainbow Dash is too good for us humans. ;3

• Brohoof 1

Considering they have all manner of strange creatures wandering around, that are intelligent, I don't think it would be that extreme of a reaction. Maybe a bit of townsfolk panicking such as they did with Zecora, and I'm sure Celestia would want an audience with some of the new creatures in Equestria to find out what's what, but after that, provided the people that meet Celestia don't do or say anything incredibly stupid, I'm sure everything would be fine.

Until Lyra.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

^ basically what Aegisreflector said.

Yea the ponies might be a little frightened at first, but knowing how friendly pinkie acts they would warm up to us pretty soon , and then some idiot will think its a good idea to mention that we a omnivores and that some of us actually eat ponies :/ = post-6061-0-15453600-1349095088_thumb.gif

Edited by zRevenantz

Basicly, it would be like this:

"WTF are these ugly creatures?! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! ALLIENS!".. by the way are you sure ponies can speak human? (Yeah, in show they does, but how do you know how would they speak irl?)

Lyra would be amused. Her people returned for her back.

• Brohoof 1

^ basically what Aegisreflector said.

Yea the ponies might be a little frightened at first, but knowing how friendly pinkie acts they would warm up to us pretty soon , and then some idiot will think its a good idea to mention that we a omnivores and that some of us actually eat ponies :/

I don't think it would go to THAT extreme, but I honestly believe that humans and MLP ponies simply can't coexist.

Sure, the ponies have their flaws, but they're usually solved in like a 22-minute episode and it makes the ponies have a stronger personality every time. Humans are stubborn, fowl beings that hate change, or lessons for that matter, and instead of trying to understand the mysterious or the awkward (such as these ponies), they just resort to stereotyping them to make the human race feel a lot more superior. It's really sad.

• Brohoof 1

why haven't i read that one Lyra fanfic yet?

I'm less curious about how the ponies would react, and more along the lines of how the humans would react. I mean, who knows what hilarious chaos would ensue if an obsessive brony made his or her way into Equestria and started being the most annoying fan thing ever? On the contrary, if an explorer just happens to discover Equestria, it would be interesting if they try to take over and colonize the place.

oh yeah, and

Humans are stubborn, fowl beings that hate change, or lessons for that matter, and instead of trying to understand the mysterious or the awkward (such as these ponies), they just resort to stereotyping them to make the human race feel a lot more superior. It's really sad.

No need to insult out species. Not all people are like that, only the jerks. :) It's entirely possible for humans to coexist with Ponies. While there will no doubt be a social barrier at first, I would expect it die down as time goes on. Ponies themselves had a social barrier and discriminated against each other, as shown in the christmas episode. Edited by Lord Bababa

If you are talking about an incursion of one, and you come through as a pony, I can tell you. If you decided to withhold parts of the truth but say you are an outsider, you would have a fairly hard time convincing Twilight Sparkle that you were sane. If you could jump that hurdle or decided to tell her everything she would end up writing a letter to Princess Celestia about you. This would result in you being taken to Canterlot and interrogated. Celestia has very little to gain and very much to fear from incursions from other realms like ours especially if you told her about a million bronies scrying on equestria, so she would be very skeptical of your intentions. If you could convince her to her satisfaction, then you would be released, but kept track of.

If you came through as a human I think you would have even more trouble.

If the languages were different it would be even worse.

Edited by silvadel

If you are talking about an incursion of one, and you come through as a pony, I can tell you. If you decided to withhold parts of the truth but say you are an outsider, you would have a fairly hard time convincing Twilight Sparkle that you were sane. If you could jump that hurdle or decided to tell her everything she would end up writing a letter to Princess Celestia about you. This would result in you being taken to Canterlot and interrogated. Celestia has very little to gain and very much to fear from incursions from other realms like ours especially if you told her about a million bronies scrying on equestria, so she would be very skeptical of your intentions. If you could convince her to her satisfaction, then you would be released, but kept track of.

This is indeed a possibility, but not every society is like this. For example, the first Indian tribe that Columbus encountered welcomed him with open arms and they all swam out to the ship with gifts and offerings, and then of course Columbus had to do all of the horrible things he did but that's another story. I also think the first Europeans in Japan were at the very least accepted until they tried to convert people to Christianity, where they were banned,

There's a whole bunch of variables that would go into this. Since both species speak English, I'd say that the chances of a human being imprisoned at first sight is low because we would be able to talk to them and would be able to make agreements. That being said, if we had a rude guy get in there and act like a jerk I think it would be entirely possible for him to be perceived as a threat and then imprisoned.

Horses are stronger than humans, anyhow, so if we did try to fight we'd probably get our asses handed to us :3

Edited by Lord Bababa

Oh it wouldnt be at first sight. Thing is you could probably enter ponyville and keep your origins secret for quite some time, and that would probably be the best way to handle things -- keep a very low profile, and make some friends before dropping the bomb.

Once Celestia knew of your origins though, things would spiral out of your control pretty fast. She would see you as a very large potential threat and would act to protect equestria from you first and your welfare a distant second.

• Brohoof 2

Their would be a small chance they would react violently due to the ponies peaceful nature they would'nt anyway (though they would proprably hate us due to our violent nature)

Who knows maybe Celestia would deem humans too unpredictable and make some sort of barrier to allow humans she deems worthy (which is more than you think)

I would'nt think the ponies would worry about us being omnivores remember there are omnivore animals in thier world too.

• Brohoof 1

Their would be a small chance they would react violently due to the ponies peaceful nature they would'nt anyway (though they would proprably hate us due to our violent nature)

Who knows maybe Celestia would deem humans too unpredictable and make some sort of barrier to allow humans she deems worthy (which is more than you think)

I would'nt think the ponies would worry about us being omnivores remember there are omnivore animals in thier world too.

I would hope Celestia would have some sort of test to deem who could live in Equestria. And of course, I doubt they would freak out that we're omnivores, cause they have griffins in the show, and griffins in meat (right?).