Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Much is a "Bit" Worth?

Stalliongrad

I love those gold coins but in terms of U.S Currency how much is one Bit worth? What can you buy with it? It seems 1 Apple is worth 5 Bits. Im guessing. And what symbol does it use like $£€¥ just a thought.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure on value, but they use $ judging from Cutie Marks in the show. Makes me think they evolved from us or something. A cherry costs a bit, right? Just work from stuff like that.

• Brohoof 3

Not sure on value, but they use $ judging from Cutie Marks in the show. Makes me think they evolved from us or something. A cherry costs a bit, right? Just work from stuff like that.

What do you mean, "they use $ judging from Cutie Marks"? Do you mean like something like Filthy and Stinkin' Rich's cutie marks?
  • Brohoof 2

Of course remember that most of their technology and economy is 100 years before we are. Or at least 50 years. Regardless a dollar was worth a whole lot more back then.

That makes sense i never thought of that. But that raises the question how many do you need to "be rich" haha :D

Of course remember that most of their technology and economy is 100 years before we are. Or at least 50 years. Regardless a dollar was worth a whole lot more back then.

I don't think that just because they have old time technology means their time base is in the past. They are only ponies, you know. They might not be as technologically advanced as us.

I dont get it, a peach could cost 4 bits and a cherry 2. A peach is way more expensive then ONE cherry. How much is a whole BAG of cherrys?

Ahhh.. we are all overanalyzing everything again. I always forget that this is a kids shows with magic ponies and it probably wasn't meant to get analyzed this much :P.
  • Brohoof 2

Well it depends on how many bits you have and how many other people have bits. If you are the only person with bits and you are selling them. They would be priceless. Bits aren't real in this world so the only way to get a bit is to go to Equestria somehow and bring one back. I can only image how much somebody would pay for something that was actually from Equestria.

Edited by Bohtty

Well it depends on how many bits you have and how many other people have bits. If you are the only person with bits and you are selling them. They would be priceless. Bits aren't real in this world so the only way to get a bit is to go to Equestria somehow and bring one back. I can only image how much somebody would pay for something that was actually from Equestria.

Meh, a brony, if it was proved somehow it was from equestria, if he was a rich brony he would probably pay thousands for it.

Meh, a brony, if it was proved somehow it was from equestria, if he was a rich brony he would probably pay thousands for it.

I would image countries would spend billions on an object from another dimension, just to study its properties and what not.
  • Brohoof 1

I would image countries would spend billions on an object from another dimension, just to study its properties and what not.

That too. Actually when you think about it that way, it would be priceless in a way. After it is studied enough it might go in a museum and such.

That too. Actually when you think about it that way, it would be priceless in a way. After it is studied enough it might go in a museum and such.

Nah, I bet the buyer (if a country) would hide it from public knowledge. Or if they found some special property that was useful then maybe they would turn it into a bomb or smelt it into a weapon.

Nah, I bet the buyer (if a country) would hide it from public knowledge. Or if they found some special property that was useful then maybe they would turn it into a bomb or smelt it into a weapon.

Oh god, if they did that I would seriously be pissed (about the bomb and weapons and such). That beautiful artifact deserves to be stored in a museum with the highest security.

Oh god, if they did that I would seriously be pissed (about the bomb and weapons and such). That beautiful artifact deserves to be stored in a museum with the highest security.

Countries would fight over it. Inevitably somebody would die from its existence in our world.

OR they could steal it and no pay you and then hide it away. Then they would also probably abduct you to question you about how you got it. You would have to find a big fish in the black market to help you sell it. That would be the safest way to do it.

Countries would fight over it. Inevitably somebody would die from its existence in our world.

OR they could steal it and no pay you and then hide it away. Then they would also probably abduct you to question you about how you got it. You would have to find a big fish in the black market to help you sell it. That would be the safest way to do it.

Oh man, this is getting seriously ridiculously off topic xD. But yea, it would be a huge thing if a bit was transported to here.

Oh man, this is getting seriously ridiculously off topic xD. But yea, it would be a huge thing if a bit was transported to here.

Nah this is on topic. We are discussing the value of the bit and the value you would be so high that it would probably provoke action by the Home land security and other nation's security forces.

Nah this is on topic. We are discussing the value of the bit and the value you would be so high that it would probably provoke action by the Home land security and other nation's security forces.

Ahhh... I don't know if it would go THAT far. I mean, it would be worth a ton, but if an alien shard crashed on earth I don't think it would cause all the ruckus you are mentioning.

Ahhh... I don't know if it would go THAT far. I mean, it would be worth a ton, but if an alien shard crashed on earth I don't think it would cause all the ruckus you are mentioning.

That alien shard is from this world. A bit is from another universe entirely. It could be capable of breaking the laws that govern our universe. It might also be the key to time travel. It's a little different than an alien artifact. The bit would be absolutely priceless.
  • Brohoof 2

That alien shard is from this world. A bit is from another universe entirely. It could be capable of breaking the laws that govern our universe. It might also be the key to time travel. It's a little different than an alien artifact. The bit would be absolutely priceless.

I guess, if somehow we were able to use the DNA and the content inside that bit, we might be able to do alot of things and figure out theories with it.

Trade between our world and theirs would be catastrophic. I mean they could give us a trainload of gems and we would supply them with enough food that they would never have to farm. This would bankrupt all of the earth ponies and ... It would just be "bad."