Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you act differently in real life?

Shiki

Yes, I am less friendly in real life (Swedes are generally boring people who keep to themselves). But also because have interests that can't easily be shared, I have to adjust to the environment and the people around me. It is quite annoying and tiring. :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

I'm mostly the same with being a little shy with talking to other people and with being more quiet but I open up more if anyone talks to me.

Edited by Starry Sky
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, I keep to myself unless I am around people I know. I'm not the one who likes to participate in pointless conversations like small talk.

I'm similar in real life, but I'm about 100x more introverted and very restrained. I type more of how I think rather than how I end up actually acting.

I also generally don't talk to people, and got "Most Shy" in my class for ample reason.~

Edited by AngelDustlicious

Nope, I despise being fake and try to be as true to myself as I can. I'm as shy and introverted here as I am in real life and as honest about my opinions when someone gets me talking here as I am in real life. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh god, yes. I’m less reserved on here and I talk A LOT more. I’m way better at typing (messaging and texting)... in person I’m very quiet and nervous. I speak an appropriate amount, I’ve been told. But not nearly as much on here! :D 

I'd honestly say that on the forums in particular I'm a lot more PG than in real life, as well as being a bit more reserved than I usually am. I also swear like a sailor. :orly:

But other than that, I'm the same ol' duffer. B)

My online persona is pretty similar to how I act in real life. I might be more of an asshole is real life, but I dunno if it's fair to make that call.

Edited by Cash_In

50 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

I'd honestly say that on the forums in particular I'm a lot more PG than in real life, as well as being a bit more reserved than I usually am. I also swear like a sailor. :orly:

But other than that, I'm the same ol' duffer. B)

I'm a lot more PG-13 than I am IRL, 

Every oher fucking sentence has a swear word in (when not around my parents, etc)

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I rarely talk unless spoken to. So much so that I get yelled at by family members for being quiet. It's whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

I acted pretty much the same here and irl, the only slightly different is I'm a bit more unfriendly. People irl tends to tick me off more than the ones online. 

I'm way more quiet irl, especially around people I don't share interests with. Social settings just stress me out so much. At work, for example, I only talk to someone if they speak first. When I do reply, it's usually about a two or three second delay followed by a one or two word answer.

That's one reason I love the internet and cosplaying so much. It's a lot less terrifying if people can't see your face. It's still scary, just not nearly as much.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't talk to nearly as many people as I do on here, since I prefer being by myself. I'm also much less likely to actually engage in a discussion since I usually consider it too much of a hassle to actually defend my viewpoints. I am just as pretentious IRL as I am here, though, that part is completely real.

I'd say the forum version of me is more cheerful and in some ways more extroverted than the offline version. Also a lot more popular. :P At the same time, it's a filtered version of myself in one regard – I try my best to keep all kinds of negativity (which really is inevitable sometimes) away from here. Of course, that's not always possible, but I feel I've done pretty well at that lately.

I can't deny the online version is a lot closer to the person I'd like to be. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...

I'm borderline mute irl and can come off as hostile...online I'm also pretty quiet but not nearly as bad and I'd like to think I'm somewhat approachable, resting bitch face sucks lmao

• Brohoof 1

I suppose I can be more myself online, and express my opinions more freely. When I meet and speak with people irl, I'm a very censored, repressed, dumbed-down version of myself.