Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes you calm, relaxed, or happy?

fuzzystuff12

Sleep. Sleep is very relaxing. Sadly I am about ten hours short of the sleep I need to function. I hate mornings and Mondays. I would sleep through them in ten seconds flat. Wait... That doesn't work, does it?

Things that make me happy generally don't make me calm. I think its because I get easily excited. Anyway, happiness is brought upon by: Profit in TF2, Friends, Winning games, ponies

Calm is brought upon by: tea

Honestly, this may sound strange, but ponies have helped me through a lot of things, including a recent death. I watch ponies and it just lifts my mood. I also draw and listen to music when I need to calm down or get in a happy mood. But, ponies is always my number one go to source of relaxation. I feel I would be in a way worse place if I was not a fan of MLP.

• Brohoof 1

One thing that always used to make me happy and keep me calm was legos. I always loved building castles and having little wars with the knights. Ahhhh good times. As for now, My Little Pony generally keeps me calm, no matter what happens.

Baking. I love making things, and I love seeing how much people enjoy eating them. It's just very rewarding for me.

Also Tom Hiddleston. What a cutie cute.

Loki all the way. Why is he so awesome? I want to write a fanfic with him, but I have no ideas. He's my favorite character (yes, I'm just trying to fill the requirement now).
  • Brohoof 1

Loki all the way. Why is he so awesome? I want to write a fanfic with him, but I have no ideas. He's my favorite character (yes, I'm just trying to fill the requirement now).

AHH FELLOW FAN YAY.

Loki's a personal favorite as well, thought I totally blame my best friend for making me like him so much. Good luck with your fic!

drawing, listening to music, singing, playing the piano, sleeping, talking with friends, being fluttered, knives (i dont know, holding one, throwing it and catching it and such make me feel relaxed), yo-yo and more :)

Usually something linked with ponies in some way. Either song I have linked with 'em in my mind (You're gonna go far kid),

or, while outdoors, I look up at the sky, and find a cloud that's shaped like Dashie :3.

(And if there are no clouds, I tell myself : Dashie must have been busy clearing this all up. She's probably napping on one of the threes :) )

Listening to some music usually calms me down in times of stress and fury. It relaxes me and makes me think about the music and not on the object that made me hot-headed.

If that fails, then I draw some pony-elated stuff or something that has to do with mythical stuff from Greek legend or medieval times.

If all else fails, go on MLP forums and chat with my loyal subjects. :D

The sound of trains, the smell of grass, and I really like calming spa music. :) I also like to look at clouds and see what they look like, and collect flowers, find strange bugs in my backyard. Reading helps get my mind off things and petting my sweet little kitty, and organizing my room.

Edited by PinkiePie Forever

I guess I'll be the one to say it... weed works very well for both of those criteria. I don't do it often, but every once in a while, there's no better way to just have not a care in the world, and chill.

On a more regular basis however, music is always a great way to let your mind run free, perhaps picking a type of music that matches the mood you're trying to remove from your mind; I find expressing your built up feelings in such a way really helps put them into perspective, and rids you of them.

Finding a nice quiet place in nature, wherever that may be. By a river, in a forest, an empty field, the great ocean, and what have you. Just to sit and watch the beauty and hear the sounds that the world has to give us. Perhaps gaining some inspiration for writing or drawing. So peaceful.

Of course, ponies are also a good relaxant. It's pretty easy to put on a great MLP episode, forgetting your worries and get lost in their world.

A good nap is always refreshing as well. :P

Edited by Abstract

I can't believe I'm saying this, because I have never been one to think of myself as obsessed with the show, and would never ever even begin to think of mentioning "ponies" as one of my favorite things or anything like that. However, watching episodes of the show really helped me calm down early last month when I was about to tear myself apart in stress (the stress was literally making me sick..er).

My dogs also make me happy.

Well for one thing, drawing is always a joyful thing that I love to do, creating something with a pencil and your imagination is just a wonderful feeling, another thing that eases me, and makes me happy is little things, for example, for me it's going out on a nice morning and getting a Coffee at a Coffee place, or going out to town to go to a favorite store, things like that are what make me happy and calm.

I am always happy and calm when playing League of Legends, where retarded bot feeds so hard and gives up 17 deaths combined in 15 minutes. Also illicit drugs.

I'm a guy who likes his music. :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

I'm never happy or calm, but I'm happier and calmer when I walk to the woods close to my house. There's this one tree that I always climb and I'll just sit there for hours and write poetry and just watch the little creek flowing and people walking by. It sounds cheesy, but it really helps calm my nerves since I have a very weak mental state.

Edited by Arya Stark (PDS)

The only thing I found until now that makes me happy and/or calm is to walk around in the city streets, listening to music. Also, I sometimes stop at the park and sit down on the grass, just chilling and still listening to music.

And when I say "music", I mean brony music. A few like OdysseyEurobeat's and TheLivingTombstone's always put my in good mood! :D

Oh, not to mention Pinkie's Smile Song~

1. Cuddling boyfriend

2. If boyfriend is not available for cuddles then our doggie

3. If neither of these people are available for cuddles then I cuddle my Chiberitsue plushie

If cuddling is not an option then usually taking a moment outside, closing my eyes and breathing in nature and feeling connected with the earth works.

And at the most desperate of measures my mind reboots with some much needed nyan cat, seriously nyan cat is my reboot screen when all other attempts at calmdom or settling my nerves.

Duh, the forums.

The people on this forum are so nice, I love it here. :3

You guys make meh happy your all so fun. :D

<3 You all.

Also listening to Hoodie Allen makes me feel better.

Or Pinkie's smile song. :3

Edited by I Sarcasm I

Well, my thermals make me feel all warm and fuzzy ;) Combine that with ponies and I'm the happiest person around. Also, just convincing myself that I'm happy makes me very happy :lol:

Usually when I have a absolutely terrible day and i'm at my wits end, there is usually 3 things that act as a triad in kinda my own personal philosophy.

To happiness is to have: Good food. Good drink. and something good to watch or friends to enjoy the other two things with.

So other words: when its pouring outside and I come home soaking wet, nothing like a good stew with some cider to go with some good mlp. :)