Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes you calm, relaxed, or happy?

fuzzystuff12

What are those special things that make you happy or calm?

When I'm frustrated sad or stressed I have those certain things I can do and feel almost immediately better. It doesn't have to be something you do either it can be a smell or a sound too, just anything that gives you tranquility. Those things for me would probably overall have to be Drawing or painting, I find it very meditative and I could never be anything but happy when doing it. Also Ice cream on a hot day, And cuddling my cats. Posted Image

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
Updated tags.
  • Brohoof 1

Doing some good ol' coloring in a pony coloring book can keep me calm for a bit, or at least concentrated enough that nothing really bothers me. And just being around my special somepony just makes me feel so relaxed, like I can forget everything and just be with him. :) Things that help sadness though are kind of rare. I find that drawing is good for venting but I usually stuff the pictures in a folder somewhere and forget them.

• Brohoof 1

I sing as passionatly as I can in my room when I am alone. I am not a bad singer but I do feel a little self concious about my voice. Which is to say I can sing without feeling scared in front of my friends but it is just other random people I have a problem with.

What makes me extremely happy and in a good mood besides singing is the weather outside. I love it when it is a cool 66 degrees outiside where it is just cool enough to wear a jacket. I absolutly love jackets and I feel naked without one. Of course this leads into my favortie season which is fall. Even though it is cool outside nature still manages to give us extremely warm colors through the leaves and it just looks so pretty. Also during fall all warm drinks seem more satisying such as cider, coffee, hot choco, and tea.

My favourite piece of music is what it is for a reason. And that reason is that I find so much character, depth and meaning in it. Whenever other people listen to it, they rarely comment. But I think I will provide an extended comment because it deserves one.

Te Deum by Arvo Pärt was written in 1984, after Pärt managed to escape from the Soviet Union, where he might have been arrested for the nature of his music. Pärt exclusively wrote music dedicated to God's glory, much in the same way Johann Bach did- and Soviet-controlled Estonia would have none of that "religious nonsense" which is why he escaped to Germany in the 1970s.

Te Deum (Latin for "You, God") is a recitation of the old latin Catholic Hymn of the same name, composed for male and female choir, pipe organ, wind harp, piano, celesta (which is not a Princess, but an instrument that functions similar to a piano) and chamber orchestra.

The composition is in Part's signature minimalist style, using strong harmonies to evoke powerful sounds with a minimum number of changes in pitch, and fewer notes. An interesting example of this phenomenon is in the crescendo near the end of the third part where the crescendo itself only has one note which is drawn out, spaced inbetween more complex "gaps" of melody played by the orchestra and choir.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBtYwGuLNG0

I find it truly unfortunate that more people are not interested in looking into more music of this kind, or even commenting on it, because to my it is truly a fascinating approach to music. The playing of the melody also releases my imagination and allows me to envision all sorts of paths through history, ideas, memories or just straight creativity.

Even though the song is almost half an hour long, I've listened to it all the way through more than 40 times, and numerous times where I've isolated my experience, in a quiet room in the dark, with nothing as sensory input but this song alone.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

I sing as passionatly as I can in my room when I am alone. I am not a bad singer but I do feel a little self concious about my voice. Which is to say I can sing without feeling scared in front of my friends but it is just other random people I have a problem with.

What makes me extremely happy and in a good mood besides singing is the weather outside. I love it when it is a cool 66 degrees outiside where it is just cool enough to wear a jacket. I absolutly love jackets and I feel naked without one. Of course this leads into my favortie season which is fall. Even though it is cool outside nature still manages to give us extremely warm colors through the leaves and it just looks so pretty. Also during fall all warm drinks seem more satisying such as cider, coffee, hot choco, and tea.

I also love to sing. And I think everybody has a bit of insecurity about that, especially for me because I know I'm not that good. It's more of a thing I just enjoy on my own. I don't usually get time to belt it out though because people are always there to hear. :huh:

These forums. I love logging into the forums and seeing every pony else. It always makes my day to see that I'm not alone. I tend to pretty solitary at school and at home and around people in general so when I log into the forums and see that all these other people who share my interests are merely a mouse click away it always put a smile on my face! Thank you Feld0 and thank you ever pony on the forums! You guys are what make my day, every day! You are what make me happy! :D

Edited by Like A Boss
  • Brohoof 2

Being around certain friends helps keep me happy and calm when I'm having a terrible day.

Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of my go-to bands when I feel crappy.

But if I'm really angry, there's not much anyone can do. When I get genuinely angry, it can take a lot for me to calm down, and once I start calming down, I'm in this stage of partial anger, so the smallest annoyance can set me off again. When that sort of thing happened, I would punch walls until my knuckles were raw, bleeding, and bruised, but I don't do that anymore.

Cat, no matter what you nead: having fun, calm down, relax, or no matter what. A cat is allways the answer.

They can make you laugh: Kity kity, you are on a bed, surrounded by pillows, so why do you sleep on my X Box controler :huh: ?

They can also force you to calm down by taking you as an hostage sleep on your legs :wub: , and showing his claws if you try to moove :unsure: .

When I'm realy upset, calm music is also a good method, no matter if it's famous or not (the music not the method):

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=F647kCA_e7k

This music in perticular is one of the few that help me to remain calm when i'm driving mad:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Zhml23DqU

Yes I know, I have weird taste.

EDIT: cats can also make you earn brohoofs (thank you by the way), all hail the cats :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by marlyly
  • Brohoof 1

I listen to smooth jazz when I'm stressed, a nice fudge brownie milkshake always calms me down if I'm antsy, a cup of tea puts me in a state of temporal chillaxation... I now want to drink tea whilst listening to smooth jazz. So I will!

whenever i get stressed at school i like to do the aphex twin face to calm myself down. of course i have to do that under my desk while pretending to look for something in my bag so that people don't think i'm crazy.

other than that

>making music

>listening to records/cd's/mp3-files/cassetes/whatever

>ponies (duh)

>fire up in the fireplace, dim the lights and listen to something chill

>singing

>rubbing my hands together really fast

>screaming

>counting

>gettin jiggy with it

(200th post!!! *champagne*)

edit:

>writing down lots and lots of mindless drivel

>finishing something

>painting

Edited by anonymstol

There is only one thing that make ma happy:

Endorphin!

Posted Image

OK, now seriously.

Generally, I feel happy when I am simply successful in something. I like achieving my goals. I enjoy even small success. It makes me sure that I don't waste my time.

I also enjoy all my passions. Football, Rubik's Cubes, music, maths - those are things that make me smile :)

I also like to take a long, warm shower and just sort of bask in the steam when I need to calm down. It clears up my sinuses so I can take in the scent of soaps I'm using, cures most headaches, and the warm water is so relaxing. It's like the epitome of relaxation.

Sometimes, I like to strip down to my. . . undergarments, and stretch out on my bed and just lay there, sometimes with soft music playing in the background. It restores a sense of innocence and purity.

making things always calms me down. crafts, drawing, baking, anything like that where it takes work, but I get something out of it at the end. but on the flip side of that, if you interrupt me while I'm making stuff (which happens more often than not >_>), I get super pissy and I'm not fun to be around. when that happens, I go eat all the chocolate and drink all the milk I can find in the house. hurr, why am I not fat yet? :l

• Brohoof 1

When i comes down to it the thing that makes me calm would be taking a drive where ever i please it's just so relaxing in my mind and added to that is the veiw

I would have to say MLP makes me the happiest why wouldnt it?

The thing that gets me calmed is probably listening to music. Music always gets me in a good mood. When I feel like destroying stuff and hurting people, I listen to music about destroying stuff and hurting people. I think its better to listen to music about it than actually going out and really doing it. For now.