Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Oldest Item you own?

Tao

There are like rocks on our property that is older than man kind. Or something like that.

But I do have many items that are dating 19th Century, such as old tools

if we're talking about items that came after I was born, I would say my baby blanket featuring baby versions of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto is still sitting in a chest of my mother's moments.

If we're counting items older than that, the same chest contains items from when my mother was in grade school. some remnants of her senior project when she was in high school is also in there

• Brohoof 1

My bari sax, I think. It's a Conn 12m made sometime in 1963-1964, soon before Conn moved their factories to Mexico (the decision that led to the company's eventual "death"). It's absolutely beat to shit, but it still plays fairly well, and I've been told I was louder on it than a lot of brass players at my high school. The thing sounds like a chainsaw at that volume thanks to the mouthpiece and oversized resonators, but I love it.

• Brohoof 1

I have a kitchen knife that was my great-grandmother's, so the thing has to be at least 100 by now???  Her house was destroyed in a fire training session with local firefighters after my grandma died, the knife was one of the things taken out of the house before it was destroyed.  A month before it happened, my mom went through the house and took some stuff out.  I also have an old, ceramic container from there too.  idk what it's meant for..

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

A music history professor gave this to me, said it was an original. I looked it up and the chant dates from the early 1500s IIRC.

uC6PG4v.jpg

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

My oldest items are probably my Christmas ornaments, some of which have been handed down for a few generations and date back to the early ‘60s. I have my birth certificate which is getting up there in years, I have some old toys from the ‘60s and ‘70s, and an old 78 rpm record from waaaay back with ‘Turkey in the Straw’ on it, of which early recordings date back to 1912. It’s really heavy and thick but still plays (assuming you have a player that handles 78s).   

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...