Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old is Derpy?

Kalypso

I would say anywhere from twenty to twenty five, but that's just me. I think the reason she seemed to look up to Rainbow Dash is probably just because RD is a pony that a lot of ponies look up to, even if they're older. (That and Derpy is well....... Derpy.)

Another nice thing about fanon is that it doesn't have to adhere to the present day the way canon does. Just because Derpy is single now with no daughter doesn't mean she won't have one in the future.

• 7 months later...
(edited)

Derpy always seemed 15 to me. She is so innocent just like a kid.

Her "daughters" are not the ACTUAL daughters: Sparkler is her little sister (she's 8 but looks older) and Dinky is adopted, but Derpy likes to consider them daughters. She acts like a kid - in cute way.

Edited by Lamer
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Rainbow Dash: 17, She acts with only a tad bit of responsibility.

Rarity: 18, Based on the way she acts. Good comparison between her and a sassy young adult.

Twilight: 22, She seems the most mature of the group.

Fluttershy: I really am not sure, but I'd guess about Rarity/Pinkie Pie age.

Applejack: 20, She seems to be quite wise compared to the majority of the mane six.

Pinkie Pie: 19, She sounds like about that age, with a careless personality type.

and

Derpy: 26 

Derpy only treated Rainbow Dash like an elder because Derpy we all know is kinda Spec. Ed. (This is fanon though, so who knows?)

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

I'd say Derpy's around the same age as the Mane 6, maybe just one or two years older. She seems to look just as young as them, and she seems pretty interested in Rainbow Dash. Would she really be that in awe of a pony 7 years younger than her? Well, I guess she would.

Anyway, I think she's as old as the Mane 6. Maybe not the exact same age as all of them, but I don't think she's 25

• 1 month later...

In a certain sense she's just an easter egg pony to look out for in the episodes, they never meant for her to be important because her eyes are just an animation error. 

She's a background pony scheme that has jacked up eyes, so really she has no definite age.

I'd put Derpy at the same age as the Mane 6, so in their late teens (15-18.) She seems to be about the same size and age, but we can't really judge based on her actions because of her, well, impairment.