Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old is Derpy?

Kalypso

i have been thinking about this how old do you guys think derpy is, or for that matter all of the mane six i think that

Rainbow Dash: 18

Rarity: 19

Twilight: 20

Fluttershy: 19

Applejack: 21

Pinkie Pie: 18

and

Derpy: 25 i also think she has a kid

voice your opinions in the comments

• Brohoof 1

Much older than the mane 6 and granny smith if you look at the background ponies in twilight's cutie mark flashback and granny smith's flashback of how ponyville was found but then again she is just a background pony.

Edited by thor9356
  • Brohoof 2

Like what thor said, she is old even in that flashback. But the episode where applebloom gets "Cutie pox" she is also in the background as a filly.

So my guess would be, that she is like a phoenix, so she dies ever so often and makes a rebirth. So i guess as of now maybe 21???

Much older than the mane 6 and granny smith if you look at the background ponies in twilight's cutie mark flashback and granny smith's flashback of how ponyville was found but then again she is just a background pony.

Posted Image

I have no idea. We aren't given ages of any of the ponies, so trying to come up with something accurate is like poking around in a dark cave for a muffin. I'd say late teens to early mid twenties, like most people.

• Brohoof 11

There really hasn't been any offical proof leading to or related to ages other then when fluttershy says shes a year older then pinkie pie.

That makes everybody's age X except pinkie who is Y And Fluttershy who is Y+1.

In others words theres no way to tell for sure how old anypony is.

Rainbow Dash: 18

Rarity: 23 she has her one shop.

Twilight: 17

Fluttershy: 16

Applejack: about 20

Pinkie Pie: 15 she is childish.

Derpy: 30 or more (I should know best :P)

I also don't think Dinky's her kid, she's always around other adult ponies who are not Derpy.

Dinky had a firefighter costume during nightmare night but all Derpy had was paper bags so they both could not have came from the same family, because Derpy would have a better costume.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

I have no idea. We aren't given ages of any of the ponies, so trying to come up with something accurate is like poking around in a dark cave for a muffin. I'd say late teens to early mid twenties, like most people.

Well if she does travel through time and space with dr.whooves, it could be possible that she was at all those times and places. But really if Derpy did not have a kid I would think she would be around 18 as well, but with the kid probably around 21 I say. :)

• Brohoof 1

She seems to be as old as the mane six, in both her size and actions. So, I would assume for her to be between 20-22, even if she is lacking in the common sense department.

I'm going to have to agree with my logic here...Derpy, is a time lords assistant! The only reason she was captured in those shots is because she was on a mission to restore balance in time and space!

Hey, logic doesn't have to make sense! I think...

I'm going to have to agree with my logic here...Derpy, is a time lords assistant! The only reason she was captured in those shots is because she was on a mission to restore balance in time and space!

Hey, logic doesn't have to make sense! I think...

talk about reviving an old thread im glad to see its back though and i didn't think about the whole doctor x derpy thing thanks for the brain food because now im wondering why they were there?

talk about reviving an old thread im glad to see its back though and i didn't think about the whole doctor x derpy thing thanks for the brain food because now im wondering why they were there?

Come to think about it...It's amazing how much Derpy has in common with Amy (from Doctor Who)

1. They are both female

2.They both have a child (Yes, I know it's not canon)

3.They are both...Well Derpy

I think the reason Derpy was chosen to be Whooves assistant is because of ref:1 and 2, But...are the MLP team behind something? because I think these 'errors' may be intentional. WILL THEIR BE A WHOOVES AND DERPY EPISODE? * Hyperventilates*

Probably not -_-

Adding my own two cents:

I'm not going to speculate on an exact age for Derpy or any of the Mane 6. Lauren has given a general age "range" and that's it. Something like 12-18 or 14-18. We really can't apply 21st century human standards to Equestria's society which is more like the early 1900s. Back then most people were employed, economically self-sufficient, and married by 20. A mandatory K-12 education followed by years of additional studies was not necessary. Other fans have their own ideas on how old they are and that's fine. There is no right or wrong answer.

And while it doesn't give exact ages, the Cutie Mark Chronicles gives us a clue of how old the ponies are compared to each other. Applejack and Rarity admit to getting cutie marks later than all their peers which means they're older. Whether by months or years is not clear. Fluttershy is noticeably taller than Rainbow Dash and is even losing her prepubescent cuteness to a growth spurt.

They actually gave all this a bit of thought. Applejack demonstrates a lot of common sense and a down to earth maturity. Rarity operates a dress shop apparently on her own. Running a successful business is much more demanding than the others' occupations which can be handled by inexperienced teenagers. And Fluttershy of course is a late bloomer. At the other end, RD said she was the first in her class to get a cutie mark meaning shes young, though not necessarily the youngest of the 6.

I'm inclined to say that Derpy is probably in the 18-21 age range. As much as I'd love it if Dinky was her own filly, I will be the first to admit that that is completely fanon, and will likely never be suggested in any of MLP's episodes. Even more ridiculous was the fanon theory that arose that Amethyst Star was Derpy's own kid after she appeared with Dinky as her sister in "Sisterhooves Social"!!!! I mean, c'mon everypony, yeah, I get Dinky, she has a similar color scheme to Derpy, but Amethyst Star?!?!?! That is just grasping for strings in the utmost ridiculous manner possible!!!!!!! She'd have to be in her 30s or 40s for that to even be plausible!!!!!!! :lol: The only Derpy relation in the fanon that I think the show's producers would ever feel comfortable giving a shout-out to would be Derpy and the Doctor, and I'm not gonna lie, that'd be awesome!!!! B)

I think Rarity and Applejack are the oldest because they own their own buisness. I think Pinkie Pie is the youngest because she still boards with the cakes. Fluttershy says she's a year older than Pinkie Pie. In the cutie mark episode, filly Fluttershy is bigger than filly Rainbow Dash. I think Fluttershy was held back a year in flight school. So that makes Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash about the same age. So I'm going to guess it's something like this:

Applejack-19

Rarity-19

Twilight- 18-19

Fluttershy-17

Rainbow Dash-16-17

Pinkie Pie-16

Derpy-22-25

I also agree that Derpy is time traveling with Doctor Whooves.

I also think the CMC are 8-12 years old

Edited by Phantom Wolf