Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Plushies! how to make them without hurting yourself.

Caramel Shower

Hello my fellow bronys and pegasisters and you too parasprite, Yes I can see you back there.

I've just got a sewing kit and machine. and have cut my fingers up really badly trying to make plushies.

Are there any good books on the topic. Tips videos on the net?

Anything would help. I'm losing a lot of blood here. Thanks!post-611-0-17294100-1325897657_thumb.jpg

Now I don't know the first thing about sewing, but from what I'm guessing, you should really get familiar with using a sewing machine in the first place.

First thing I suggest you may want to learn: Getting the cloth into the stabbing needle of pain without catching your fingers in it.

I would recommend wrapping up your hands so you don't damage the keyboard with your blood and to put pressure on the wounds to try to stop the bleeding. Second I feel that it may be inexperience, and with more experience you will not hurt yourself so much.

As for plushie making...you can google it and hopefully find information, a how to video on youtube, or always ask your local bookstore/library (Make Twilight proud and find a book, they tend to be more informative. ;)).

Edited by Hayze

Now I don't know the first thing about sewing, but from what I'm guessing, you should really get familiar with using a sewing machine in the first place.

First thing I suggest you may want to learn: Getting the cloth into the stabbing needle of pain without catching your fingers in it.

First things first, LOL. second I've sence replaced the needle drive belt with a slick lose one so It wont pirce my fingers, Just the cloth. But it sometimes doesn't make it thru the cloth so I'll have to dial it in better.

I would recommend wrapping up your hands so you don't damage the keyboard with your blood and to put pressure on the wounds to try to stop the bleeding. Second I feel that it may be inexperience, and with more experience you will not hurt yourself so much.

As for plushie making...you can google it and hopefully find information, a how to video on youtube, or always ask your local bookstore/library (Make Twilight proud and find a book, they tend to be more informative. ;)).

Again lol, But I meant does anybody know of any book in particular?

In recent times, the insane price of plushies that are custom made, I have decided to make my own too, thanks for starting this thread, I have an idea for a filly Dash.

http://th05.devianta...ger-d4l8i5o.jpg

Yes! do you have any experience? if not we can learn together.

Noob tip. wear a thimble. and try to keep your hands out of the "stabbing needle of pain"

First things first, LOL. second I've sence replaced the needle drive belt with a slick lose one so It wont pirce my fingers, Just the cloth. But it sometimes doesn't make it thru the cloth so I'll have to dial it in better.

Again lol, But I meant does anybody know of any book in particular?

Yes! do you have any experience? if not we can learn together.

Noob tip. wear a thimble. and try to keep your hands out of the "stabbing needle of pain"

I have little to no experience, but my Mom is good at sewing. She'll teach me, I might even upload a few clips of help to Youtube. ;)

I've been doing sewing for about a year now but I've never done a plushie before, but I want to make a Derpy Hooves plushie XD I recommend starting with this mini pony plushie pattern I found on Deviant art, it's free to use and good for practice.

http://cannotbeunsee...rites/#/d3hjxdi apparently it comes out to about 12 cm but like I said, it's good for practice. I'm still trying to figure out how to piece it together though XD

Edited by Sudnifisent