Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Halloween

Driz

I swear, my town is trying to turn the holiday of scares into the holiday of squares.

At least they're still letting the kids out.

most areas around me are locking kids into churches and schools out of fear of the world.

Never mind thats why, AIRC, we always had a RESPONSIBLE adult or older sibling along for the trip to prevent the things these people are so afraid of. And all candy checked when we got home.

But that'd be  parenting WORK for parents wouldn't it? Dang, can't have that.

Not like ya can't GPS your kid these days easily enough either...

Exactly! As a kid, we always trick or treated with somebody older. I used to go out with my older cousins, and we'd trick or treat all night long if we wanted to. These days, parents want to blow off responsibility when parenting should be easier. I mean, for ponies sake, parents take your kids out past sunset! That's part of the lure of Halloween!

I love Halloween! But I guess since I'm 15 now, I can't go Trick-or-Treating anymore. I'm planning on dressing up as Coraline and handing out candy. Then I'll probably be invited to a friends house to spend the night and watch horror movies :lol:

I love Halloween! But I guess since I'm 15 now, I can't go Trick-or-Treating anymore. I'm planning on dressing up as Coraline and handing out candy. Then I'll probably be invited to a friends house to spend the night and watch horror movies

stop at 15? are you insane? Or living in a puritan area?!

Can keep going as long as you can get a decent enough costume to hide in. Or if age is a matter, most don't cut off until 18... still too young IMO.

• Brohoof 1

halloween still isn't such abig thing over here in Germany, and not in my town either, some of the younger kids might trick or treak during the eraly evening, but that's it mostly. Big parties are pretty rare around here

Halloween is gonna be very different for me this year. I used to stay up late watching horror movies. This year I'll  be trying to get as much sleep as I can during the night due to me having my newborn son. I'm still gonna watch some horror movies though.

Meh, it's okay.  My favorite thing to do on Halloween is let people know I didn't Trick or Treat as a kid.  They act so shocked, like I'm a victim of child abuse.  It's hilarious.

I'm going to be dressing as Thor, God of Thunder this year.

I'm really excited for this year's Halloween! I'm making costumes for my little brothers, and since we missed out on last year's celebrations, I'm going to try to make their trick or treating extra special this year. :) I'm not sure if I'll dress up myself though, but it'll be fun just getting them out there.

• Brohoof 1

We don't celebrate Halloween in Mexico,but TV channels still air horror themed specials and programs.I do like Halloween however.This october i'm planning to read an awful lot of creepypastas,urban legends,horror stories and similar stuff till i have trouble sleeping.Wish me luck!!!

Sadly, they don't really celebrate Halloween where I live, at least not where it's all apartments.

I have done some trick-or-treating once, when I was around 10.

Maybe this year I'll go to one of the Halloween parties that some students from my school host every year. Could be fun.

Maybe I'll dress up as Pinkamena from Cupcakes vsTALhM.png

This is going to be my first halloween! I'm too old to go trick or treating, but I'm still going to wear a costume. I just don't know who to be though.

As long as you can cover your face and follow some kids, theres no age limit.. hell ditch the kids and just go alone :P

Seriously, who decided theres an age limit on this.. there are no rules for crying out loud. Its like saying someone can't celebrate christmas just because they aren't christian. The point isn't the religious purposing, its the moral meaning of the thing.. 

And Halloween isn't much dif. Though for the higher aged crowd it should be more about scaring the bejebus out of the kids, but thats borderline illegal these days.

ANYWHO... can't resist, so heres a costume I've been working on..

In the middle of a repaint to a rainbow dash style, so bare with the horribleness of the paint work :P

First time building a full suit outta foam though.. learning a LOT along the way even..

IMG_0095_zps4e446ef5.jpg

IMG_0097_zpse797eee3.jpg

IMG_0096_zps9d57d433.jpg

I do have gloves for it too, and they're supposed to work with touch screen devices.. but yeah, nope.. no luck... they used too on older ones though :P

• 4 weeks later...

I'd make pumpkin thread but it'd either be moved here or forced to hijack the other one anyways so... I'll resurrect this one myself  :)

So come on.. so many ponies here and so few doing anything?!

Just got done having fun carving out this today! :)

1399492_662425640469330_1603766950_o.jpg

As they always say, you can never get old for receiving free candy. Oh, by the way, I'm dressing up as Maxwell for Halloween this year.

winner_fer.jpg

>that moment when no one's ever heard of Scribblenauts

OH AND BY THE WAY; I HAVE SOME SORT OF OBSESSION WITH STEPHEN KING.

-CUJO

-THE SHINING

-IT

-THE RAFT (Short Story)

-SOMETHING TO TIDE YOU OVER (Comic Short Story)

ARE ALL OF HIS BOOKS THAT I'VE READ.

Edited by MartyToast

I love halloween!! Too bad it's that celebrated here in sweden. But I'm going to dress up, both at the actual night and in school because someone decided that those who dress up as something gets extra candy. Who wouldn't like that? xD 

So I'm going to be a black cat, just because I can. :P