Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Halloween

Driz

I know it's still a month far, but I wanted to know everyone's opinion on it. :P

Do you like Halloween? Do you celebrate it every year? How do you usually celebrate it? Do you go out in the streets asking trick or treats? Do you wear a special and different costume every year? Do you go out pulling pranks on everybody? Do you watch horror movies? What will you do for this year's Halloween?

---

I usually go to my friend's place to ask trick or treats all over his building. Even though we're a little too old already, it's always so much fun and I honestly don't know why. This year I'm looking forward to do something special though. Maybe go out in the streets with the most horrifying costume I can find and scare random people or something like that. xD

Again, sorry if It's still too soon to talk about this, but I'm pretty hyped myself~

Posted Image

Edited by DrizzleSTAR
  • Brohoof 4

Where I am from, "Halloween" is not celebrated too greatly at all. My family never did anything in celebration for it at all. It was just another day, really. At least, that's what I remember.

Maybe the older folk went out and did stuff. I was only nine when I moved. By the time Halloween came, I was 10 and here in America. I thought it would be pretty weird to go around like that. I don't like candy, and knocking on strangers' doors just seemed weird... I've never done anything for Halloween, ever.

Last year was the first time I've ever been trick-or-treating. All the previous years, my overprotective parents thought I was "too young". I probably won't go again this year, since I'm a bit too old. But I do have a good idea for a costume in case I do...

baw, I love shopping during Halloween. everything is black and orange. it looks kind of tacky, but I can't help but love it. also, very few things beat the dusty smell of Halloween decorations brought up from the basement for me.

I wasn't allowed to go trick-or-treating without an adult until I was 15, and by then I was already getting turned away by people who only want to give candy to kids.

more often than not, I'm the only one in my group of friends who wants to go trick-or-treating, but I usually end up the most disappointed with what I manage to get :I I usually trade away most of my candy for the excessive amounts of chocolate that all my friends got.

also, there's just something about halloween that makes me want to make crafts really badly :'l

so yes, I love halloween :U very muchly

I celebrate it by staying inside and playing games all night.

I don't know why I would go trick or treating. I could just buy the candy from a mini-mart, but the real question is: "Do I really need that candy?". The answer is "no."

Honestly, I love Halloween. The joy of going up to someones door, and them seeing your costume while you chat and get candy. Its a night of fun. I love it but I cant go. No one else in my fam will go and I dont wanna go alone. :c Some people keep there dogs out to scare people away which imo is messed up. ._. Not many people seem to celebrate it anymore either. Not like they used to.

I love me some Halloween. Candy, hanging out with friends, candy, having fun, and most importantly: CANDY!

Of course there are some downsides, like those creepers who lace drugs in their candy. Luckily that's never happened to me. :P

Do you like Halloween?(yes I love it) Do you celebrate it every year? (yes I do)How do you usually celebrate it?(dress up as ponies and get free candy I dress in a costume that can change so I get candy twice! :lol: ) Do you go out in the streets asking trick or treats?(Yes I do look up to last question) Do you wear a special and different costume every year?(Yes I do It is always different and I always make my own) and Do you go out pulling pranks on everybody?(Not too much... no) Do you watch horror movies?(maybe once or twice) What will you do for this year's Halloween ?(dress up as ponies with my friends and trick or treat with all the people saying "Why are you dressed up as ponies?" and we will just run away throwing muffins out of a box as my Derpy costume)

Don't you mean Nightmare Night? Then again, every night is Nightmare Night for me.

I totally love going out in a costume and getting free candy! It's my second favorite holiday of the year next to Christmas. Too bad I'm way to old to go out and get treats like I used to, but I especially loved the smarties candy.

Sadly, in Sweden barely noone celebrates Halloween. I remember i went out to trick or treat when i was a little kid but noone had any decorations or lights. Nothing. Just a few gave you candy. I grew bored with it at the age of 7.

I kinda like Halloween, but I don't care about it that much anymore. It's just a fun day to be wacky and to do some fun stuff. Have gone trick or treating in along time, but I do dress up. Have been Captain America for 2 years. It's fun to stand outside with it on and here all the reactions from kids. Still it's just a random day to me now. Maybe if I could do more like go to a party or something.

As fun as trick or treating is, nobody's gonna give a six foot tall guy candy so I don't do that anymore Now, I have fun going to all the haunted forest things around here and love all the horror movies that are on TV around the time.

I also have fun scaring kids who are walking around during the night alone just for giggles.

Halloween is where I really geek out. One time I bought my Halloween Coustume in July.

JULY.

Sometimes I'll dress up Like Video Game characters.. Comic Book Heroes... Hell. I even used to wrap myself in toilet paper!

RAZOR BLADE APPLES.

Edited by The Apprentice

I love Halloween because it's one of those days in America where I can wear silly costumes, and act stupid with bunch of people begging for candy. But In Japan, you can do this any day, so they don't celebrate Halloween here, but I can go in base if I like to.

I still kind of think it's a marketing technique like valentines or Easter.

*zooms around excitedly* I LOVE Halloween!!

We celebrate Halloween in a variety of ways, mostly because of our spiritual beliefs.

Starting October 1st, we change out our alter candles to black and orange and decorate it with small gourds and pumpkins and Indian corn, if I get a chance to pick some fall flowers I will. We set out pictures or objects that have been passed down from mine and boyfriend's family in honor of our ancestors and those who have passed away. Halloween originates from Samhain, which was a holiday that recoginzed that the veil between our world and the spirit world was at its thinest. It's oldest and deepest roots go back to honoring passed away family members and celebrating the lives they lived. It slowly grew to not just doing that but also keeping guard against not so nice spirits, hence the jackolaterns and the idea of dressing up. Traditionally there is also a bonfire, but living in an apartment complex you can't have a bonfire :P

Mid October we will have a pumpkin carving day where I make homemade apple cider and treats, we invite friends over and have dinner as well, if just me and boyfriend then we will say a small blessing to our ancestors and light the alter candles.

On the 31st, me and boyfriend will exchange presents to each other before going to our friend's halloween party, we like to do gift exchanges on Halloween/Samhain because it's our favorite holiday and there is less financial strain versus Christmas, which we only celebrate for my family. Then we don our costumes and go to our friend's party were we watch some of the worst horror movies all of us could find, drink quite a bit, and eat lots of yummy food, and take lots of pictures.

(psst also Halloween stores have half off their entire stock on November 1st for all you costume enthusiast!!)

Edited by Sugarcube
  • Brohoof 1

I went Trick or treating as a kid. LOVED IT!

As a teen I either went to parties or stayed home and handed out candy. My folks had the night off and they loved that.

I always dressed up for Halloween, and my work lets me dress up too. So (ham that I am) I'm always doing something for the day.

This year I'm going as a saint complete with a light up halo...For some reason my co-workers are expecting horns and a pitchfork.

I don't know why...I never bug anyone...I'm just a lil' angel. (looks all innocent)

Edited by Silverhoof

Well, I just wanna explain what I am doing this year, and you'll understand how much I love Halloween.

This year, my friends and I are going as a gigantic clown posse. We have about 15 friends coming, and we are all dressing like clowns.

We all have unique characters.

Mine:

I will spray paint my hair black, put on a pink dress, rip it up, put blood on it, and walk around. I will be going up to people and asking if I am pretty, and if they say no or nothing, I'll scream really loud.

:3

• Brohoof 3

Halloween is my favorite holiday ever (tied with Christmas). I just get so into the mood, and it's always so festive. I adore both the scary aspects of Halloween, as well as the fun aspects. So much fun. :3

Halloween has no tradition in my place, so I think it´ll be just another regular day for me (as usual). But there´s always some public "halloween" party in costumes (which I don´t attend /foreveralone).

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays (if not the favorite) simply because it's the one time of year where one can have fun with their evil, dark, and mischievous side. (cue evil grin while rubbing hands together) I don't really trick-or-treat, I kind of gave it up after 11th grade partially because I never found that much fun in getting candy that'll go bad. But I love dressing up and wearing costumes and attending Halloween parties. I've already committed to two and can't wait for them! :D

Our University also has a growing Halloween spirit. Since the college is in a historic town we team up with the town and do haunted walking tours of historical sites which are a lot of fun. I get to play George Washington's brother in law this year :wub: . Three dorms have passages connecting them and I was in one last year. We teamed up with the other dorms to create the first Tri-Unit haunted house on campus. It was so much fun! Planning on helping out again, even if i don't live there anymore. :P

Still deciding on what costume i should get though: either a Victorian Age Vampire or a Steampunk Gentleman. Not sure yet :huh: