1. 1. Which kind are you?

• The Analyzer
    • The Love-And-Tolerator
    • The Reluctant One
    • The Fanatic
    • The Artist
    • The Real-Life Brony

Wall of text inbound!

I'm everything but the artist and reluctant one. I often go around school whistling MLP songs and talking to my (very few) friends about it. On the PS3 (which I haven't played much lately) I ask almost everypony with a mic on if they watch MLP, and 99% of the time I get a response like "Isn't that a little girls show?" or "Hahaha, that's funny." I've RARELY been trolled over it, for whatever reason. Or at least directly been called "ponyfag" 'n what not. I know they all think I'm gay. I can't afford any merch though, considering I'm 14 and don't have a job. The themes, morals, plots, and giggityplots, they all fascinate me. From a mixture of ponies and Fallout New Vegas, I finally figured out why violence isn't the answer. Seriously, think hard enough about it, and violence is never, ever the best answer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE (no, not sarcastic chrysalis type of love love love) listening to brony music, and reading fan fictions. Drawings and paintings aren't the most interesting things for me, but I'll understand and appreciate it one day. And alot of brony drawings are EXCELLENT. Sadly, all I can do in terms of art, is use my voice. I have a deep voice for a 14 year old, so I could do some voice acting for Big Mac in a youtube video, or sing. I have a bad range, so probably just voice acting. I try to love and tolerate as much as possible, but I slip easily and generally, I'm not social so I'm not good at making friends. 'Cept on the internet, if I'm not in a terrible mood than I can make a good deal of friends in the right situation.

I think that's all the aspects of the descriptions from the first page.

• Brohoof 1

I think I'm a mix between "The Analyzer", "The Love- And Tolerater" and "The Artist".

I really like the character development and the animation styles, and I have also gotten to know other people because they also are bronies/pegasisters. I believe I'm also an artist brony, because I love drawing fan art related to the show.

I'm pretty much a combination of applejack and fluttershy

I really want to get some merch but need to tell my family first

And I get a lot of pleasure in converting my friends (1 down)!

I think I'm a ceiling fan, the kind that has multiple settings except the low one is useless and the high one makes it shake like it's going to come crashing down all of a sudden.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I'm the type of brony who admits to strictly his closest friends and likes to keep two feet behind the border in order to retain my place in society. But don't fret, I keep two hooves over the border to retain my links with the show and the fandom. I'm not stupid enough to announce out loud that I am a brony, but I'm crazy enough to know that deep down I am one, and I'm proud to admit to myself that I am.

I'm most like the Love-And-Tolerator and Reluctant One archetypes,more or less.

I'm a jerk with a heart of gold who doesn't parade around the fact that he's a brony.I show the virtures of love and tolerance with my actions.Not so much with my words.

I think it's cute how the Mane Six are used to represent each category. Very smart. :P

- I'm not an analyzer because I don't write fan fiction at all. I do appreciate the show for its themes, character development, and animation style though.

- I would say I am a love-and-tolerator. I definitely take the shows themes of love and tolerance to heart.

- I might be a little bit of a reluctant one. I'm not one to run around admitting I'm a Brony to just anyone, but my immediate family knows I watch it.

- I'm not a fanatic because I'm not really obsessed with every aspect of the fandom. I just watch the show, post on the forums, read the news on the show, and occasionally look at fan art.

- Definitely not an artist. I don't do art, videos, music, or anything else. And I certainly don't cosplay.

- Definitely a real-life Brony. I don't go out of my way to hit up my local Wal-Mart or Toys R Us for Pony stuff, but I have bought a few books, and I intend to buy the high-quality plushies posted on Equestria Daily a few days ago. I don't avidly try to convert people to become fans of the show, but I do try to get friends and family to try the show and give it a chance.

I would say I'm Fluttershy, then Applejack, and maybe Rainbow Dash at times, but not the others.

• Brohoof 1

While I have some other attributes (who doesn't) I guess I'm mainly an analyzer. From the very beginning I was captivated by the surprising degree of continuity, character depth, and character development for an episode-at-a-time-cartoon. That led me to engage in some deep discussions about what makes each pony tick, why they are the way they are, and why they came to possess the Elements of Harmony. So I've developed a bit of a reputation for TL;DR posts of this nature in Show Discussion and Sugarcube Corner. And while it's not fanfiction, everybody who took the time to read “Five Reasons I Love Fluttershy” seems to have enjoyed it.

As anybody who has visited my Deviantart page can see, I like to draw.  But the urge to draw comes and goes. I may start making pony fanart in the future but first I'd have to rearrange my bedroom so I can use my desk to draw on.

Wall of text inbound! I'm everything but the artist and reluctant one...

That's a wall of text?  I eat posts like that for breakfast!  :P

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...

Well I do not write fanfictions, but the other parts of 'The Analyzer' fits to me. I definitely would say I belong to the 'The Love-And-Tolerator' group and I also contributed a little time to make some fanart so I would say 'The Artist' also fits to me, at least partially. I guess I'm a mixture of these three types :)

• Brohoof 1

I think I am neither of those. One by one:

• The Analyzer - writes fanfiction and appreciates MLP for its animation theme etc.
    • Absolute zero artistic ability, so no fanfiction. The second part would probably fit though.  
  • The Love-and-Tolerater
    • Not really. 
  • The Reluctant one
    • Oh, I wil admit to watching the show if asked, but I do not see the reason to get in people's faces with it. I also really dislike when other people get in my face with something.
  • The Fanatic
    • It's just a TV show. While I like it and I like reading MLP fanfics, it's just a TV show, I am not going to organize my life around it and especially I am not "obsessed with every aspect of fandom".
  • The Artist
    • No. I have zero artistic ability. 
  • The Real-Life Brony
    • While I do have some MLP figures, I have not "converted" my friends beyond a simple suggestion that they should watch the show, just like I have suggested watching Babylong 5 or Stargate or a bunch of other shows

So, IMO none of these fit. Maybe "real-life brony" would fit the most out of these, but not completely. 

• Brohoof 1

I think I could be all of those options, seriously. That was the fun thing about the fandom, et least in the early days. Nowadays I am still an artist, and kinda real-life Brony, kinda (not too much)

• Brohoof 1