Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you find it strange for guys to cross their legs while sitting?

Zygen

I don't see how you can sit like that, that is the most uncomfortable way a dude can sit, if i try to sit that way it's like the united states postal service, it crushes my package LOL

• Brohoof 1

it's not that it makes you look like less of a man, it is just not something people see very often because a lot of guys don't like to sit like that because of our "stuff" down there. same thing with guys doing full splits

I've never heard anybody say sitting cross legged was girls thing anyway so... >.<

Also even if it was more common with girls does that even matter? "Oh no.. You're sitting comfortably~"

I lean towards the idea that guys tend not to cross their legs because it may be uncomfortable since they keep their merchandise in between. But then again, I see it happening pretty much equally. Just as I see  Girls sitting with their legs wide apart. May seem a little strange to some, but thats social norms for ya.

I don't find it strange that some guys cross their legs. If it's comfortable for them to cross their legs, then by all means they should do it.

I try to make it a point not to judge somebodies character on their preferred sitting technique, do whatever you find most comfortable. Personally I have pretty long and spindly legs so I'm usually stuck sitting normally, sitting crosslegged only results in me knocking my knees on my table or desk.

Serious? This is even a debate? You'd have to be among the most socially judgmental people on the planet if you actually give a damn about how it is a person sits.. post-30925-0-18717500-1428021380.png

I sit like that lots of times. Do I really need a reason why? Well your not getting one, because it's just something I do. If for whatever reason you find it weird, well... tough!

I am reminded of the time when a friend of mine asked about my sitting with my legs crossed.  And then proceeded to force one of his legs over the other with the aid of his two hands lol.  It's like I suddenly had a special talent.

I realize the OP is ancient at this point, but the guy who told you that actually was wrong.  "Don't do that because girls do it."  Umm...  What?  Yes, society frowns upon blah dee blah.  Because people are in love with this imaginary concept of "normal" and gender roles.  But, of all the things to even take issue with, he chose the position of your legs.  I think that guy needs a hobby.  Aside from leg-watching / leg-position judging.

I don't care if a guy wants to wear a pink frilly dress, put on make-up, and sing, "Girls just wanna have fun!"  But goddess forbid he should cross his legs.  There will surely be a scandal.

In summary:

It's okay.  That guy was dumb.  People are dumb.  It's still okay.

• 3 years later...

Not at all. I mean, of all the ridiculous things that are gender-defined, such an everyday occurrence like sitting should be at the bottom of the list. I think it goes without saying that people should be able to sit how they sit regardless of gender.