Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you find it strange for guys to cross their legs while sitting?

Zygen

Crossing your legs is a body language sign of insecurity. It's a self protective gesture similar to crossing your hands over your chest.

It is therefore something I try to avoid, but not something pony should be judged for.

Zygen, my man, you freaking watch My Little Pony. Nobody has the right to tell you what is for girls and what is for boys. Bitch slap that guy if he thinks you can't sit with your legs crossed.

I sit with crossed legs a lot of the time and never new some people find it a girls thing. It's not strange but then again i got the habit from primary school, so i must be completely mad. :lol:

I cross my legs all the time and I'm male.

I see nothing wrong with it and its my preferred method of sitting most times.

Yeah I might get a few comments once in a while, but its really nothing but leg positioning.

...then again I'm not a very good example of masculinity since my new bizarre interest is cross dressing! xD

But that's a different issue entirely! haha

• Brohoof 1

it's a matter of how you look and attitude actually.

If you are confident in your masculinity, you can be damn sure that that's what you are going to portray to others even if you cross your legs. My godfather is a very masculine man, and when he sits he often crosses his legs all the way, and he looks damn manly.

But I've seen guys doing the same, and it looks, well...I admit, weird.

I do cross my legs but resting my leg on my knee, because actually my thigs are REALLY thick and if I crossed my leg all the way I would suffocate my boys XD

• 2 years later...
(edited)

Nope, I do it all the time. If it's taboo for guys to do it because it's "feminine" or whatever it's portrayed or depicted as, then heck with them. I used to do that sometimes in middle school, and one guy seemed offended that I did that. I didn't give it a slightest care. It's comfortable, and when I'm on my phone sitting down, I usually do it so I have a little privacy from on-lookers. There's always something someone has to point out as a flaw, it's so common to me that I expect it all the time. I just do it to set the fire off, and see how many blow their tops at the most simple things. It's only made me more rebellious against those who think that way, so I do more what I feel comfortable. Thanks to all who pointed my flaws and made me stronger against you, society! :D

Edited by Agent Luna
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a guy, and I always sit with my legs crossed. I find it to be far more comfortable than sitting with your legs strait down. I used to stop doing because I didn't want people to think I was gay, but now I just don't give a crap about what people think. 

Nope, I don't find it strange. :wacko:

I often sit with my ankle crossed over my knee, and I never did that before I saw someone else do it at school, and it was a guy who did it. Now that's my favorite way to sit; it feels good to stretch out like that :P

• Brohoof 1

Nope!
Cross your legs all you'd like, as long as us ladies can sit with our legs super far apart from each other.

I'm sitting with my legs crossed right now :P. Occasionally I sit with my legs crossed and then cross my foot around my leg. If that makes sense. So say if I was sitting with left leg over right leg (like I always do) I then cross my left foot behind my right leg. I find it comfortable.

I find it strange, simply because as a guy, I'm of the mind that crossing my legs while sitting is uncomfortable.
But, you know, whatever floats your goat.

Not really crossing my legs but more like putting my foot on my knee all the time, I sometimes end up somewhat crossing them but never to the point where it's the typical "cross-leg-position"

I used to sit like that all the time. That ceased when I came upon this groundbreaking discovery: that sitting position squishes the grapes. Prolonged exposure can lead to what may or may not be known as chronic nut compression disorder.  :P

(edited)

No, why would it be strange? :wacko:

I sometimes sit like that too.

I'm sitting with my legs crossed right now :P.

Haha, me too. :P Edited by Blobulle

Just another stupid, pointless and all around arbitrary social norm. I'd pay it no mind if I were you. However, it does seem as though "the way girls" cross their legs (thigh over thigh) would be conducive to...let's just say, an uncomfortable pressure somewhere on your person. I think you know where. ;) That's why I cross my legs ankle over thigh, but that's just me.