Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Songs From The Show

Flutterguy1

For me without much thought Find a Pet springs to mind.

The whole back and forth between fluttershy and rainbowdash is awesome and the video fits in so well :). The way the music changes with whose talking as well just gives such a brilliant contrast between there personalities it just fits perfectly :)!

5. Cupcake Song

4. Winter Wrap Up

3. Babs Seed

2. This Day Aria

1. Smile Song

THESE ARE MY FAVORITE MLP SONGS, FROM THE SHOW! YOURS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT, SO DON'T JUDGE!

• Brohoof 1

Haha, surely wont xD.

No, really, pretty good choice, and welcome by the way.

I admit I totally love "Love is in Bloom" from the Season 2 finale, but all of your songs are great as well.

If I remember right there already is a topic somewhere about everyones favourite show songs, I might post the link here when I find it xD.

So long: Happy Welcome, hope you have a great time and everything, see ya around ;D.

Haha, surely wont xD.

No, really, pretty good choice, and welcome by the way.

I admit I totally love "Love is in Bloom" from the Season 2 finale, but all of your songs are great as well.

If I remember right there already is a topic somewhere about everyones favourite show songs, I might post the link here when I find it xD.

So long: Happy Welcome, hope you have a great time and everything, see ya around ;D.

You seem very nice ^^ thank you LOL you should find that and link it.

I like love is in bloom also, it's probably #6, maybe I should've done top 6 XDD

1. This Day Aria

2. Babs Seed

3. Smile Song

4. A True, True Friend

5. Evil Enchantress

Those are pretty much my top five favorite pony songs, judge me if you must.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

5. mlp theme song

4. smile song

3. love is in bloom

2. crystal fair song

1. bab's seed

Bab's seed is by far the best song in the show, It's just so fun to listen to XD

Edited by PhaZd
  • Brohoof 1

You seem very nice ^^ thank you LOL you should find that and link it.

I like love is in bloom also, it's probably #6, maybe I should've done top 6 XDD

http://mlpforums.com/topic/39760-favorite-songs-from-the-show/?hl=your+favourite+song

that´s it, but who cares xD

a lot of topics get old fast, and nobody can even keep track of anything... (and I totally forgot to mention "a true, true friend" :/ )

1. This Day Aria

2. Babs Seed

3. Smile Song

4. A True, True Friend

5. Evil Enchantress

Those are pretty much my top five favorite pony songs, judge me if you must.

I like those ones too :D good choices ^^

so... wanna be friends? i want MORE FRIENDS!! 

ponies ponies ponies ponies i like ponies!! i like the songs too ^^ XD

5. mlp theme song

4. smile song

3. love is in bloom

2. crystal fair song

1. bab's seed

Bab's seed is by far the best song in the show, It's just so fun to listen to XD

I love Babs seed!! that's why its in my list XDD 

I liked that episode too! soo...what's your favorite episode? mine is... well... it's too hard to choose XD

http://mlpforums.com/topic/39760-favorite-songs-from-the-show/?hl=your+favourite+song

that´s it, but who cares xD

a lot of topics get old fast, and nobody can even keep track of anything... (and I totally forgot to mention "a true, true friend" :/ )

thank you :D but i think i'll just leave it on here XD too much work... I'M TOO LAZY TO DO ANYTHING!!!! 

I GUESS I'M JUST A LAZY PONY LOL 

:) WANNA BE MY NEW FRIEND?

• Brohoof 1

Good picks. And I've covered three out of those five!

Hard for me to pick favorites. I've never really sat down and thought about it.

• Brohoof 1

What's your absolute favorite song from the show?

For me, it's Smile Smile Smile.

Why?  Because it is truly Pinkie's song.  It says so much about her character, who she is, what she wants, and what makes her happy.  She isn't an idiot or an airhead, she just has a simple and noble goal: spreading laughter wherever she goes.

Pinkie's not even my favorite pony and I love that song.

May the Best Pet Win - for some reason, I just adore that harmony RD and Fluttershy have going for them. But Smile Smile Smile is a close second, followed by the Flim Flam Brothers Song. Oh, and the Ballad of the Crystal Empire has that catchy beat, too...

Agh! So many good songs to choose from!

• Brohoof 1

My personal favorite song in the show is most likely "A True, True Friend". Why? Well, each mane 6 pony gets a chance to shine, with my favorite part belonging to Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say this day aria, is perhaps my favorite mlp song, I know it's kind of dark, but it is musical genius.  The song goes between major and minor chords giving the song a double meaning... Now that I think about it, Daniel Ingram wrote something about This day aria.  

There was actually a double meaning in the song. The song is in the key of Db Major (just like winter wrap up!). That means that the root chord is a Db major chord. Usually, a Ab major chord will lead into a Db major. This is the V-I chord progression and it is also known as the Authentic Cadence (stick with me here). Now, it seems to resolve to a sadder chord at the end of the phrase. Instead of ending on Db major around 1:16, it lands on Bb minor: the relative minor of Db major. Now, when a chord progression seems to be heading to the root chord but lands on the relative minor instead, that is called a…

Deceptive Cadence
-Daniel Ingram

(Oh, yeah thats right... They should've given the plot to him, instead of those derps in studio B who wrote the episode.)

• Brohoof 1

@@ThunderShock1,

We already happened to have a thread for sharing our favorite songs from the show, so yours has been merged with the older one. Please be sure to use the search feature before making new topics to ensure that you aren't creating a duplicate.

(edited)

My favorite MLP song is This Day Aria. There's just something about it that makes it so epic! I also love the singing voice of Queen Chrysalis as fake Cadance, and I liked how it switched between the real Cadance and the imposter. This Day Aria is a great villain song, and while it might not be as great as Hellfire or Be Prepared, it's up there. 

Two other MLP songs I like are Smile Smile Smile, because it shows that Pinkie wants to spread laughter and joy wherever she goes, and Art of the Dress, because it shows how generous Rarity really is.

Edited by PowerStar89

• 1 month later...

Its a close tie between "Smile,Smile,Smile" and "To Find a Pet" 

I don't really dig "Cutie Mark Crusaders" 

Its not a bad little tune, but it is an overall mess up! 

Maybe they shouldn't have forced their "talents" and accepted who the best singer is biggrin.png

But they all rock smile.png

Out of all of them, it would probably have to be Babs Seed. Why? Its because its catchy and you can easily follow the beat and the rhythm. By far, its an awesome song and my favourite in the show so far. 

#1 A True, True Friend

#2 Winter Wrap Up

#3 Smile Song

#4 Becoming Popular

#5 At The Gala

#6 Find A Pet Song

#7 I've Got To Find A Way

#8 This Day Aria

#9 What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me

#10 Theme Song

Honourable Mentions:

Everything else

Seriously the music in FIM and EQG is awesome and creating a top 10 is near impossible at least for me