Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

I can understand your view on this matter, and I do much agree that when it comes to love, who other than the best of freinds can share an even deeper bond. Though, the realtionshipping in the MLP community is atleast somewhat tolerable compared to what goes on in other series. I personnly have nothing against shipping, and it's because of the friendship theme on the actual show that I can approve of it in the fandom. The mane 6 in the show share a deep emotional connection between eachother which, in the series, are described as a friendship.

But! When being as close friends as they all may be, going from a friendship to a relationship isn't a very big gap. They just express their feelings for their "friend" in an even deeper matter, while actually embracing everything that they do feel. I find the kind of friendship they have in the series to be a little unnatural if you compare it to actual friendships, and therefor, to me atleast, it all seems like a much bigger and meaningful thing if you think of them as having subtle relationships with eachother.

That is my view on it atleast.

Hrm...so, perhaps, the Mane Six all together in one giant polyamorous relationship? Has anyone written any good shipping fics along those lines? Because that sounds like a fantastic premise for one, with the way you've put it, Lamii.
  • Brohoof 1

Used to be known on here as Kyronea.

Want to read psychological analyses of the Mane Six? Start here.

Hrm...so, perhaps, the Mane Six all together in one giant polyamorous relationship? Has anyone written any good shipping fics along those lines? Because that sounds like a fantastic premise for one, with the way you've put it, Lamii.

Polyamorous? Oh dear...

The issue I have with all of it is the sexual tone. You can love the heck out of eachother all you want, that's perfectly okay. But there's a line there that's a deep level of meaningfulness reserved only for marriage and creating the most meaningful epitome of human happiness: families and children.

Oh, boy. I need riot gear if I hope to survive the replies to this...

Might as well walk into a hunting rally wearing a PETA shirt...

Posted Image

Oh look, my least favorite thing about MLP

Ditto... This is an innocent show about innocent little ponies... Seriously, peeps.

I'm a student Royal Astrophysicist that loves kindness, rationality, curiosity, open-mindedness and deep intellectual discussions! Oh, and a nice quiet evening with a book, paper, quill, and some hot cocoa!

A Deviantart Account: (and have been featured on EQD on multiple occasions) http://eagle1division.deviantart.com/

I have a fimfic: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/Star%20Scraper
And I have a science tumblr! http://asksciencepony.tumblr.com/

Polyamorous? Oh dear...

The issue I have with all of it is the sexual tone. You can love the heck out of eachother all you want, that's perfectly okay. But there's a line there that's a deep level of meaningfulness reserved only for marriage and creating the most meaningful epitome of human happiness: families and children.

Oh, boy. I need riot gear if I hope to survive the replies to this...

Might as well walk into a hunting rally wearing a PETA shirt...

I see...you have that sort of viewpoint on the subject. I'm afraid I must disagree with you, but given that this is the sort of thing that could cause massive arguments, I believe we should merely agree to disagree and leave it at that. You have your opinion, and I have mine, and that's okay.

Used to be known on here as Kyronea.

Want to read psychological analyses of the Mane Six? Start here.

PinkiePunch? That's new.

Posted Image

The issue I have with all of it is the sexual tone.

It's a shipping thread. Now, you've been nice about chiding us for what we like, but if you really don't agree, this probably isn't the thread for you.

You have your opinion, and I have mine, and that's okay.

:)

Launching a fleet of ships now.

Cherrilee X Big Mac

Posted Image

Oh, god, the B'aww. I don't even.

Posted Image

Round it out with the old standby.

Posted Image

GET IN THE PIT

On 8/23/2012 at 1:54 AM, Djenty said:

ON MLP 4UMS ERRYTHIN IS SRS

guess it clopping time...... *gets comfortable* alright come at me!

PLEASE LETS KEEP IT G-RATED....

if thats what you like keep it to yourself. Some of us actually like the show for the show TYVM!

• Brohoof 1

yA5Y0.png

Thanks alot Vex3d for this truly AMAZING sig

PLEASE LETS KEEP IT G-RATED....

if thats what you like keep it to yourself.

He's sorta right on this one, Tag. I think you've said the word "clop" more in the last two pages than the entire rest of the thread.

GET IN THE PIT

He's sorta right on this one, Tag. I think you've said the word "clop" more in the last two pages than the entire rest of the thread.

hmmm? sorry i was repeating a joke, i've only been guessing what that word means because i see it alot on shipping threads as such you wanna claify what im saying?

because apparently i'm not allowed to make that joke more than once a page. so if its that bad, why say it all? Since we're getting serious(or atleast i am)Posted Image

Edited by TagTeamCast

I'm the Son of Celestia And when i'm King who else did you think would be Queen?

untitled-1.png

hmmm? sorry i was repeating a joke, i've only been guessing what that word means because i see it alot on shipping threads as such you wanna claify what im saying?

Clop = Fap. Figured you knew.

Posted Image

GET IN THE PIT

About all these arguments that keep popping up about meaningless stuff.

To clarify some things. People who don't like the thought of romance between the ponies of the series should stay away form this thread, this thread is made to share opinions and art of the ponies in romantic bahaviour. If you don't like that then keep silent and leave the thread.

I know this is not a nice thing to tell people, but I have to say it. You ruin the mood by saying things like you hate it or that you find it disgusting. This isn't about sexual intercourse between ponies, it's about romance and love. Love that all people in this world can share, why shouldn't the ponies be able to share it aswell if the fans want them to in their own works of writing or art.

The word "clop" should stay out of this thread, it's a bad pun on the much used human reference "to fap" which means to masturbate. Please refrain from using these things, even as jokes. The people who like it, just don't mention it in here, not everyone share your opinion.

To sum it all up, this is about love, tolerance and romance, and that's it.

Edited by Lamii Inkfeather
  • Brohoof 4

Signa-2.jpg

I'm not a shipper myself, and I don't care for any Mane 6 shipping with each other. But the 3 I support is

Fluttershy x Big Mac

Spike x Rarity

Lyra x Bonbon

Edited by Skar

Skar-2.png

Sig made by Yours Truly. Want one of your own? PM Me!

I've made some pretty awesome backgrounds. Check em' out! http://deviantdalton.deviantart.com/

Check it out my first song! http://mlpforums.com...887#entry453887

Twilight X Flam?

Posted Image

TwiLunaLestia. Oh lawd.

Posted Image

Phoe X Phoe? Okay.

Posted Image

More Tavi X Scratch

Posted Image

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 2

GET IN THE PIT

Posted Image

Twilight's expression illustrates the gravity and instanity of the situation.

pete-alonso1.jpg.f27295daeb2f61a9d83493a73c62079d.jpg

Domine, tu omnia nosti, tu scis quia amo te.

OMC, y'all crazy I define ship as right up to the next fine line but not crossing it. My fave ships are as follows:

Twi x PInkie, Twi x Rarity, Twi x AJ, Twi x Luna, Twi x Cherliee, Twi x Celestia x Luna

Pinkie x Dash, Pinkie x Big Mac, Pinkie x Celestia, Pinkie x Cherliee

Dash x Rarity, Dash x Big Mac, Dash x Scoots, Dash x Pinkie

AJ x Rarity, AJ x Dash, AJ x Luna, AJ x Big Mac

Flutters x Big Mac, Flutters x Rarity, Flutters x Pinkie, Flutters x Twi

Rarity x Pinkie, Rarity x Twi, Rarity X AJ, Rarity x Luna

Of course, this does not count OCs from the EqD RP, which I could go on all day about, but...I like shipping/friendshipping. Crosses the other lines...you can have it, but I don't need to read about it here. :)

sunrisesongsig.jpg

"Got any problems, troubles, conundrums, or any other sort of issues, major or minor, that I, as a good friend, could help you solve?" -Twilight Sparkle, "Lesson Zero"

The original Background ship.

Posted Image

And now, tonight's episode of Crispy Ships Ponies: Shipping Before Sleep Edition.

RariDash, a seldom seen ship.

Posted Image

Another ship that doesn't happen all too often, ApplePie. Spoiler for being saucier than usual.

Posted Image

Posted Image

GET IN THE PIT