Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best videogame songs!

LightRaider

44 users have voted

1. 1. So: how many favorite game tracks you have?

• 1 - 5
    • 5 - 10
    • 10 - 15
    • 15 - 20
    • More than 20
    • None

Kid Icarus Uprising is not only one of the best 3DS games ever, it also has one of the best soundtracks in Nintendo history. Typically, I don't like orchestral music, but I like Uprising's soundtrack.

Link:

And recently, I've gotten into the music of Famicom/NES games that take advantage of extra sound channels which Japanese hardware can support when unmodded.

Prelude - Akumajou Densetsu (Castlevania 3, Japanese Version)

Slow Illusion - Gimmick (rare Sunsoft game)

Theme of Iris - Lagrange Point (Yes, this game was on the NES)

And numerous games on the Famicom Disk System.

Hmm... I really like these two Pokemon songs. They're just really calming and they lift up my spirits. Nothing like classic nostalgia:

Ace Combat 1 will forever have a special place in my heart. This game had an amazing soundtrack. 

Also this game wasn't the best game I've ever played but It had a pretty cool soundtrack. 

Fallout: New Vegas has some fantastic soundtracks! But out of all of them, I would have to choose Jingle Jangle.

I was just walking up Black Mountain, and this came on. xD

I really love Heavy Rain's soundtrack! It includes many great and emotional pieces of music. Like this:

One the greatest video game song is in Kingdom Hearts, the second game's opening, sanctuary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfNAUs5uNm0

And of cource games like Mafia 2, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Bioshock have great song that I love, because I love music from those old times. But they aren't video game songs so I'm not gonna list them here.

Tooooooo many to list. But... I can't go without naming a few. 

Starcraft has some AMAZING music.

Wanna feel like a badass all day? Set your alarm clock to wake you up to this.

Arkham city theme makes me feel tingly img-1372921-1-happy.png, especially when it gets into it around the 2 minute mark. Epic.

Dang, I have more but can only put in two at a time, lol, probably a good thing.

Edited by Invisible_Mango
  • Brohoof 1

"The Men Of Intelligence" from Dynasty Warriors 3: has a very memorable guitar-keyboard theme and some sweet bass at the beginning

"The End Of The World" from Kingdom Hearts. Choral music doesn't get much more haunting than this.

"Freya's Theme" from Final Fantasy IX. Lovely, soaring woodwind melody. Why this song doesn't appear more often in "best Final Fantasy music" listings I don't understand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ6yqiVOHT0

"Balloon Park Zone music" from Sonic The Hedgehog 3. Since I was young, I've thought this song was a dramatic, colorful rush. Also 0:27-0:40 sounds a bit like "Born To Run" by Bruce Springsteen

"Challenge" from Final Fantasy X. Adrenaline-pumping and thrilling. Featured on two of the most difficult bosses in the game: Seymour Flux and Yunalesca: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi155MoyNKg

Edited by NomDeSpite

i'll give you a list! (but no links cause screw you.)

Ahem:

Skyrim theme song

Halo 3 theme song.

Monsoons theme: metal gear rising revengence 

Final boss theme: Metal gear rising revengence 

A few other themes from that game

Miracle matter: kirby 64

Portal 2 credit song "want you gone": portal 2

ummm

a few others.

As an avid player of Platformers I was eager to get Super Mario Galaxy when it first launched, and I was blown away by it. The aesthetics, gameplay, story and music all culminated into what I'll say to be my favourite game of this generation.

Roll around Galaxy 2 and it was the same all over again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQOS8Tc2JZA

Edited by BlueStreak99

Oh yes, yes yes! I have got it! Can't believe I forgot about this one. There's a reason I learned how to play this song. Derp :P

This might be my ultimate... Blizzard is phenomenal.

Please, listen to me. The ArchBishop Lazarus, he led us down here to find the lost prince. The bastard led us into a trap! Now everyone is dead... killed by a demon he called the Butcher. Avenge us! Find this butcher and slay him, so that our souls may finally rest...

Ahh memories...  Ok I'm done my nostalgia trip now.

Oh yeah... also...

The ENTIRE Warcraft 2 soundtrack... oh man, listening to it now, I think I need to go pull an all nighter and play this entire game... yup... that's what I'm gonna do. Being that it's old it should be able to run on my lappy.

lol, whoops, nvm, nostalgia trip is back on.

Wow, almost everypony here is posting some really modern stuff. Makes me feel like an old fart. img-1360043-1-blush.png

Anyway, my all-time favorite soundtracks include those of classic games/series such as

, Dragon Warrior,
(
), Zelda,
, Chrono Trigger,
, and
. And probably more. Dear Celestia, I love video game music! I don't think I'd be half the composer I am today without it.

Hey, you're not alone, man. I haven't really been interested in VG music since those fancy See-Dee-Rom consoles started coming out. So these tunes, although Phenomenal, probably aren't for Kids who don't dig the chiptune sound... 

That said, Some of my favorites are...

- Area 1 from The NES game Shatterhand (Rockin Guitar harmonies)

- Overworld theme from Fester's Quest (supa' Funky)

- Boss Fight from Double Dragon 2 (sweet dissonant guitar scale)

- Magnet Man from MegaMan 3 (it always cheers me up)

- Stage 1 "Fire!" - TMNT 2 the arcade game (intensity in ten cities!)

- Area 8 (Final Boss) - Contra (Very interesting and engaging composition. Not in standard 4/4)

- Stage 1 & 2 - Batman (NES) (Good head boppers, and dark tone setters)

- Wily Stage 1/2 - megaMan 2 (of course)

- the only song in the game - Tiger Heli (very simple, yet emotional sounding)

- Neon NightRiders - TMNT 4 Turtles in time (Fat Funky bass and infectious melody)

- Most of the OST to Streets of Rage (great 90's r&b/New Jack Swing)

- Downhill Jam - Skate or Die 

- Stage 1 - Journey to Silius (Longer runtime than most NES tunes, Nice melody)

- Boss and Final Boss Fights - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Total Power Metal)

- Stage 1 - StarFox

I'm sure I could go on forever, but I'll leave it at that for now. If you're a fan of old Game music I implore you to check any of these out, and also let me know what you're faves are on the old consoles. and For anyone who Loves MegaMan 2 check out this awesomeness

• Brohoof 1

Hey, you're not alone, man. I haven't really been interested in VG music since those fancy See-Dee-Rom consoles started coming out. So these tunes, although Phenomenal, probably aren't for Kids who don't dig the chiptune sound... 

That said, Some of my favorites are...

- Area 1 from The NES game Shatterhand (Rockin Guitar harmonies)

- Overworld theme from Fester's Quest (supa' Funky)

- Boss Fight from Double Dragon 2 (sweet dissonant guitar scale)

- Magnet Man from MegaMan 3 (it always cheers me up)

- Stage 1 "Fire!" - TMNT 2 the arcade game (intensity in ten cities!)

- Area 8 (Final Boss) - Contra (Very interesting and engaging composition. Not in standard 4/4)

- Stage 1 & 2 - Batman (NES) (Good head boppers, and dark tone setters)

- Wily Stage 1/2 - megaMan 2 (of course)

- the only song in the game - Tiger Heli (very simple, yet emotional sounding)

- Neon NightRiders - TMNT 4 Turtles in time (Fat Funky bass and infectious melody)

- Most of the OST to Streets of Rage (great 90's r&b/New Jack Swing)

- Downhill Jam - Skate or Die 

- Stage 1 - Journey to Silius (Longer runtime than most NES tunes, Nice melody)

- Boss and Final Boss Fights - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Total Power Metal)

- Stage 1 - StarFox

I'm sure I could go on forever, but I'll leave it at that for now. If you're a fan of old Game music I implore you to check any of these out, and also let me know what you're faves are on the old consoles. and For anyone who Loves MegaMan 2 check out this awesomeness

Great taste you've got there, my friend...and that Mega Man 2 concert is pretty badass! Have you ever heard the band Powerglove? Something tells me you'd dig 'em.

Wow! So many songs! A lot of them I like as well, which is good to know that I have good tastes! Has anyone played Saga Frontier 2? Musashi Hamauzu did this soundtrack so EXCELLENT. If you haven't listened to it, you should!

Also! I love the Team Plasma Theme from Black and White 2! I'll post up some more goodies later.

Great taste you've got there, my friend...and that Mega Man 2 concert is pretty badass! Have you ever heard the band Powerglove? Something tells me you'd dig 'em.

Yeah, I've heard some Powerglove, I dig them. there are a few others along those lines too. The Minibosses, Year 200X. and Anamanaguci are a few I've heard. I used to write some keyboard infused Punk rock that had an 8 bit tinge to it.

• 11 months later...

Well, i've got quite a few, but i'll just give 2 for now:

Halo Soundtracks (almost all of the songs are the best)

Dynasty Warriors (you gotta love the music.  So well played)

Well, my favorite tunes in games tend to be of the adventurous traveling music sort. :D

My favorite classic tune in that regard would no doubt be the Hyrule Field theme from Zelda:

And a personal favorite would be the Gaur Plains(day) theme from Xenoblade:

Man, I could listen to that one all day, so good. :wub:

In fact I'd probably say that Xenoblade has my favorite game soundtrack of all time actually. Well that, Zelda, and perhaps Chrono Trigger. And maybe Pokémon, at times. And Monster Hunter :wacko:

Can't pick, too many favorite tracks across a lot of different games. :lol:

Edited by Radiance64

How to push the SNES to limits no one thought it had. Eat it Sega!

This has had a place in my memories for years. Not only do I think it's the best opening for a game ever made..the music is wonderful.