Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best videogame songs!

LightRaider

44 users have voted

1. 1. So: how many favorite game tracks you have?

• 1 - 5
    • 5 - 10
    • 10 - 15
    • 15 - 20
    • More than 20
    • None

Hey guys, I haven't seen one of these yet, so why not?Which games have the best music? Whats your favorite song ever?As an avid Tribes: Ascend player, (I play pathfinder, and cap.) i hear this song waaay too much. But i love it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5kN4WkIXc8

Edited by Artemis
tags

i am a major dub step fan, however i do somewhat enjoy this genre of music. This song is from fallout new vegas and i quite enjoy listening to it even when not playing the game.

tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DD_NCM_RJs

ARGHHH I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!

Ermmm I don't know. They Elder Scroll sound tracks are epic, but then I like the Spyro Soundtracks...

I'm not boring or anything but I also like the fallout songs such as:

(P.S I'm a HUGE Bethesda fan)

Music plays an important role in Games for me. Most of my absolute favorite games have amazing pieces of music that only add to the over all greatness of them.

So I created this thread to ask you all which games you think have the best music, or just post some of your favorite songs from games.

Please post a video of the music you are talking about so everyone can hear it thanks :)

The link below will take you to a site which contains a vast library of music from video games.

http://gamethemesongs.com/index.php

Edited by Amare Sentire

My favorite music from any video game is the Tetris theme song. I love how its rather simple, but it still is catchy. Also the music from Halo is pretty awesome as well.

• Brohoof 2

the pokemon games i play have some really awesome music, but the best pokemon music is either

pokemon leafgreen champion battle music (most epic music ever!)

all the music im heartgold/soulsilver (they make all the music awesome, even team rocket music!)

• Brohoof 2

Let's sit back and watch the Ohio State Marching Band's Video Game Show on Youtube again....

That about sums it up for me. Zelda is the most amazing though, both in the marching band show and the actual game.

• Brohoof 3

I like the soundtrack on skyrim, as it fits the game well. I dunno how much I like it outside of that though. I've listened to it a few times outside of the game,I kinda tune it out whenever I'm doing something though.

Pokemon has some pretty good tunes. I agree that the tetris tunes are pretty catchy to.

Halo soundtrack is pretty sweet to.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to many of the others though. Alot of the time I don't pay attention to the ones I've listed either, seeing as I'm normally busy playing the game.

• Brohoof 1

I could go on and on about Music from the Legend of Zelda games, but I am gonna save that for later.

I don't know if any of you have heard of a game called Dark Cloud. I got it many years ago on the PS2. It had an ... interesting... but really wierd story. But the music was just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBgJ7LQG9s

• Brohoof 2

Every song from Twilight Princess. The songs in that game are just phenomenal. Koji Kondo, the guy who composed all the music, is just a mastermind when it comes to writing music for videogames. He's made the music for just about every Zelda game since Link to the Past.

• Brohoof 1

For not so recent games Ill go with the compositions from the 98's to 00's Squaresoft games, the work of Nobuo Uematsu on FFIX, Yoko Shimomura on Legend of mana and Yasunori Mitsuda on Chrono Cross is a stroke ofgenuis made music.

Chrono Cross OST - Voyage ?Another World?

Final Fantasy IX OST - You're Not Alone

Now for a most "powerfull" melodies I always search for good old Daisuke Ishiwatari and Shoi Meguro for their work on Guilty Gear BlazBlue, and other Arksys brawlers

BlazBlue OST - Gale

P4 Arena OST - The Arena

Guilty Gear Isuka OST - Drunkard Does Make Wise Remarks

[ /spoiler]

If you want some electronic beats on your ears Shater and Child of eden have never turn me down

Shatter OST - Argon Refinery

If you want some electronic beats on your ears Shater and Child of eden have never turn me down

Shatter OST - Argon Refinery

Child of eden OST - Journey

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

ARGHHH I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!

Ermmm I don't know. They Elder Scroll sound tracks are epic, but then I like the Spyro Soundtracks...

I'm not boring or anything but I also like the fallout songs such as:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9D6GNzpmkM&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLq06cSrypQ5i84go6KoWLDw

(P.S I'm a HUGE Bethesda fan)

Your have respect! I play fallout 3 and fallout new vegas and i absolutely love this kind of music ever since i first bought fallout 3!

• Brohoof 2

One of my favorite video game songs is the theme from Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, "The Windmill Song". It's just so happy and cheery, it fits perfectly with the game. Klonoa itself is an awesome game, and I'd recommend it to any platformer lover. It was originally released on the PSX with the "Door to Phantomile" subtitle, but it was remade for the Wii with updated graphics. The Wii version is just called "Klonoa", and, WHATEVER YOU DO, PLEASE change the default voices of the characters from the default setting (which sounds godawful) to the Phantomilian setting, which is just random Japanese-ish gibberish. Sounds much cuter/better. Anyways, here's the theme:

Simple answer. "Dragonborn" from The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim and "Hope Runs Deep" From Gears of War 2. Both of which are not only my favourite music from games, but two of my favourite songs all together.

Dragonborn

Hope Runs Deep

I could go on and on about Music from the Legend of Zelda games, but I am gonna save that for later.

I don't know if any of you have heard of a game called Dark Cloud. I got it many years ago on the PS2. It had an ... interesting... but really wierd story. But the music was just amazing.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBgJ7LQG9s

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKp3qou4r3s

I'm very glad I decided to read the thread before posting. I woulda looked silly posting the same exact songs. :D You do have a great taste in video game music!

• Brohoof 1

I've always loved video game music, from Halo, Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and beyond. They're all amazing in their own respects. (Check out ZREO and PokeRemixStudio for some great remixes of Legend of Zelda and Pokemon music, respectively.)

This one has always stuck in my head as one of the greatest video game tracks of all time. Even if you've never played/heard of Kingdom of Hearts, I highly recommend listening to this all of the way through. It's well composed music from a beautifully epic game:

Kingdom of Hearts II - The 13th Struggle

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5DZZVLqxVA

• Brohoof 1