Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Doctor Whooves x Derpy Hooves Fans?

DoctorDerpy

Hey!

I was just wondering if there are any other Doctor and Derpy fans out there like myself! I fell in love with the pair after seeing a bunch of fan art of them, then reading fan fictions. (Plus, Derpy was always my favorite so that might have a big reason!) :P

Here's my favorite fan art piece that I made of the pair: http://doctorderpy.deviantart.com/art/All-For-Family-318385806

Any others fans? And why do you like this shipping? 

I LOVE this shipping, and I've only seen about three full episodes of Doctor Who. It just seems like a relationship that is open to possibilities: you have the...odd...Doctor, and the inept-but-tries-her-best Derpy/Ditzy. It's a cute pairing. I'm reading a couple different fanfics starring them right now.

• Brohoof 1

I know! They are really adorable! I seen a fair share of Doctor Whooves but I have my own spin on the doctor as well :) Maybe hes not all just "The Doctor" from that series. There is just so much you can do with them and then of course - Dinky! I love her as well!

I'm not sure that I support the pair as a couple, more like Derpy is the Doctor's companion. While Twilight really does fit better as a typical companion type, the combination of Derpy and Doctor (W)hooves is pretty charming.

Dinky is probably the number one reason I love this shipping. She pretty much beats out the entire CMC combined in terms of cuteness. ...now I want to go read Dinky fics. Screw sleep - PONIES.

• Brohoof 1

I blame youtube for my fondness of this pairing, it just works so well. I think it might be the fact that since they don't have much of personality in the show, there's not a large conflict between canon and fanon.

You do realise it's already canon. Like it or not it's in the show already. See, Hearts and Hooves day, look who took a nice walk on the bridge.

Posted Image

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 3

Hey!

I was just wondering if there are any other Doctor and Derpy fans out there like myself! I fell in love with the pair after seeing a bunch of fan art of them, then reading fan fictions. (Plus, Derpy was always my favorite so that might have a big reason!) :P

Here's my favorite fan art piece that I made of the pair: http://doctorderpy.deviantart.com/art/All-For-Family-318385806

Any others fans? And why do you like this shipping? 

I've not really seen much of the shipping but I love the two youtube series and follow them avidly. I've always been someone that likes the Doctor Who series but not a fan, I just watch it if its on and I've nothing better to do.

It seems pretty meant to be doesn't it?

Docter WHOOVES

Derpy HOOVES

I've also noticed:

Daring DO

Dinky DOO

But that last part doesn't matter.

Wait what are we talking about.

Oh yeah,

They seem pretty meant to be.  Same last name and all.

As a Doctor Who fan I think they do make quite a good team, I think especially as from the Youtube videos I've seen and the comics I've read the stories do seem as if they could happen in Equestria. 

I'm not too bothered with all the shipping stuff but Derpy makes a really good companion for the Doctor, she's closer to Donna out of all the companions but she's her own character as well, so it works well for me.

Edited by Aaramus

I'm not sure that I support the pair as a couple, more like Derpy is the Doctor's companion. While Twilight really does fit better as a typical companion type, the combination of Derpy and Doctor (W)hooves is pretty charming.

Yeah, I can understand  the reasoning behind Doctor Whooves and Twilight Sparkle. I'd probably like them too if I was more of the Twilight Sparkle fan.

I just find the whole "smart" Doctor and "ditzy" Derpy a cute type of pairing. They clash well and leave room for a lot of humor. If only this could come off as a true spin off series! (I wish!) If only I was a master at animating lol :P

• Brohoof 1

I just find the whole "smart" Doctor and "ditzy" Derpy a cute type of pairing. They clash well and leave room for a lot of humor. If only this could come off as a true spin off series! (I wish!) If only I was a master at animating lol

I know how you feel. So I'll just stick to writing fics in the mean time. While we're still on the subject, I love your choice of username.

I actually had no idea that this pairing existed until I watched Doctor Whooves and Assistant (I didn't really know much about the brony community until somewhat recently).  Then I watched Whooves and Assistant and am most certainly a fan.  Then again, my adoration of it is completely based on characterizations that aren't canon.

Somewhat related: I'm sure that many of you have already heard this, but I absolutely love this song and can't resist posting it here.

• Brohoof 1

I love the shipping between them mostly because I actually watch Doctor Who a lot, and since Derpy looks a lot like Rose I really like the paring between them. :wub: It really reminds me of the connection that the 10th Doctor and Rose had. I just love the shipping between the two characters so much. 

This was the first shipping that I actually liked.  It just works VERY well.  Just the thought of the smart personality combined with the tries her best personality of Derpy makes for a awesome ship.

I know how you feel. So I'll just stick to writing fics in the mean time. While we're still on the subject, I love your choice of username.

Thank you! :)

I love Doctor Whooves and Assistant. One of the best DerpyxDoctor shows (fan fic?) I have ever seen! 

I was actually thinking about writing a comic between Doctor and Derpy. Its a twist on how they met and how they are connected. (I wanted to create something totally different from DW&A) I drew them out on paper, I just haven't had the time to transfer it to the computer yet. But the comic name is going to be called, "The Girl with the Crooked Eyes." :) I'm hoping once I'm out of college for winter break that I will be able to have some time making it!

I also had a game in the making, more like a visual novel where you can make decisions and due to your decisions you get a specific outcome. I'm not so sure if I will ever be able to release it, but I am sure as muffins hoping! Maybe if I can get some team together it will work better!

You would think since I'm in an art school I could be drawing this all the time! Lol! Yet, cause of art I have no time drawing anything else! xD

DerpyxDoctor fans?  PRESENT!!!!!!!  OMG, words cannot express how much I love those two together.  I don't even know why I find them to be such a cute couple, I just simply do!!!  Maybe it's because, compared to most of the other shipping in this fandom, those two are consistently portrayed rather innocently and cutely together; I've never really seen that much over-sexualized art of those two, and I personally really appreciate that, since I think that it's consistent with the canonical innocence of the show itself.

• 3 months later...

Should Derpy and Doctor whooves be a canon couple? What I mean is they can be together at every derpy/doctor whooves appearance. They could hug and kiss in the background, and just stay by their sides. Also, should they have more speaking roles. Like A LOT OF SPEAKING ROLES! And to have their own episode...

Though it would be very nice because I'm a big fan of Doctor Whooves and assistant I don't think it'll be a good idea to actually give them big speaking roles or even an entire episode dedicated to them. The show is about the mane six still, even now when Twilight has become an alicorn.

My reason for this is that the show goes around Twilight and her friends. It would be like giving Thunderlane or Carrot top an episode. They are still background ponies and it would upset the show. 

This is all my opinion ofcourse. And please don't get me wrong I LOVE Derpy